Changing head unit in '04 Hybrid

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2013
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FrankieC is an unknown quantity at this point
Changing head unit in '04 Hybrid

Hey guys,

I am new to the forum. I recently inherrited an '04 Hybrid 5 speed. I want to swap the stock stereo head for one with a 3.5mm stereo input. With the stock unit being oddly shaped, I figured I would need some adapter to mount a different one. I have never done this before in any car though.

Can you guys point me in the direction of the parts I will need? Any hiccups I may run into. I wasn't neccesarily planning on doing it myself, but if its relatively straightforward and/or you guys could point me towards a good diy article or video, I am somewhat mechanically inclined and would do so. Here is a photo of it, from what I've seen this is pretty standard across the board.

Thanks guys

Edit: can anyone who has swapped head units show me pictures, and/or reccommend one they have had success with? Thanks!

Name:  image_zpsd1868b5d.jpg
Views: 176
Size:  59.2 KB
Old 03-18-2013
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold
Re: Changing head unit in '04 Hybrid

It's not difficult to swap head units. My suggestion is to get everything from crutchfield. They will include all the adapters and harnesses you will need so it will be more plug and play. They also include instructions on how to remove the radio.
Old 03-19-2013
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FrankieC is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Changing head unit in '04 Hybrid

Originally Posted by GolNat
It's not difficult to swap head units. My suggestion is to get everything from crutchfield. They will include all the adapters and harnesses you will need so it will be more plug and play. They also include instructions on how to remove the radio.
Whoa, this site rules! Thanks!