DIY: Head unit install (version 2)

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2013
Just looking to save some MPG!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PhillyTurboSix is on a distinguished road
Re: DIY: Head unit install (version 2)

Well I finally got around to installing an older Alpine head unit I had laying around in my 05 Civic. Thanks again for this thread. I read thru it and went to work. Was very simple and took no time at all. I took some pics to help others who might be scared wondering "what's behind that" You can also get an idea for the speed clips that hold the entire thing in. You can see where they all snap in. I had one fly away when coming out so keep an eye out for that. I found it crimped it back on and was fine.

The only issue I found was trying to push the unit out from the back under neath. I just could not get leverage to give it a push. So I have an interior clip removal tool and pushing from the back and gingerly prying with the tool around the edges it came right out. Once a few clips pop off it comes right out.

So here is the head unit out and you can see what I took apart from the center console to get here. All your jacks unplug with ease.

And all done! (also detailed the car ) Sounds much better then the factory head unit that's for sure even with stock speakers. The storge bin under the radio makes for a great spot for the Scan Gauge. I drilled a hole in the top rear of the pocket too sneak the Scan Gauge and AUX wires out. The Scan Gauge fits perfectly with just the soft part of the velcro on the top and bottom. This way I can take the face plate off and take the Scan Gauge out (I have a spare cord for other cars) when I leave the car each time. Thanks again for the DIY it did help!

Old 05-02-2016
Registered!!

kiimpg is an unknown quantity at this point

Can someone upload all the pics again? I can not see it. thanks !!
Old 07-24-2018
Registered!!

2002ExCivic has a spectacular aura about2002ExCivic has a spectacular aura about

I need them too
Old 07-24-2018
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold

Since the photos were not uploaded to the forum we can not fix the broken links unless the original poster moves the photos to a different place.

OP is banned so that won’t happen, sorry.