Advice If you something on your mind and feel like asking for the advice of the other members, the Advice sub forum is the place to be.

Hub removing

Old 02-26-2019
Registered!!

Kristoliquid is an unknown quantity at this point
Hub removing

Hello, I've been searching for a great tool to get hubs off quick. Yes there is the classic slide hammer, but I wanted something more "fun". Sliding that thing for years to come must be not fun. I opted for a hub shocker, it says it's for frozen and stuck hubs, but here in Canada, I guess they're all frozen.... Just screw that thing on and give it one good WACK! Can that tool have a negative effect on anything because you need to hit it downwards. Mainly gonna use it to change a wheel bearing for example. But still need to keep the same hub. Maybe it could help loosen the snap ring a little.
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Registered!!

emich is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Hub removing

Originally Posted by Kristoliquid View Post
Hello, I've been searching for a great tool to get hubs off quick. Yes there is the classic slide hammer, but I wanted something more "fun". Sliding that thing for years to come must be not fun. I opted for a hub shocker, it says it's for frozen and stuck hubs, but here in Canada, I guess they're all frozen.... Just screw that thing on and give it one good WACK! Can that tool have a negative effect on anything because you need to hit it downwards. Mainly gonna use it to change a wheel bearing for example. But still need to keep the same hub. Maybe it could help loosen the snap ring a little.
Enjoy it