Advice If you something on your mind and feel like asking for the advice of the other members, the Advice sub forum is the place to be.

Need to lose some weight

Old 05-30-2005
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

civicdude will become famous soon enough
Need to lose some weight

Ever since I got married last August I have put on some weight. All in all I gained around 25 pounds, and I feel disgusting. I really need to lose the weight. I tried Low carb, Atkins, and Weight Watchers but I still havent been able to lose the weight. I also walk 2 miles a day. I can lose up to 5lbs but thats the most.

Can someone please give me some advice as to what diet plan works the best or how I should be eating if not a diet plan...instead of the way I have been eating.

My problem is that I like junk food and I usually do snack after dinner. I know that is bad and I shouldnt be doing that....My other problem is that after work, around 3pm I usually dont do anything as soon as I get home...I know I need to get out and do stuff but I usually am too tired from work and getting up early. I work 6 to 2.

If anyone has any suggestions as to what I should be eating and how I can go about losing the weight, It would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Last edited by civicdude; 05-30-2005 at 08:51 PM.
Old 05-30-2005
Registered!!

02blackcivic is an unknown quantity at this point
ok, my dad just did this thing where he only eats salads with lots of veggies in it and uses lowfat dressings, either dont eat breakfast or eat something nutritious like a nutri-grain bar and eat a salad for lunch and dinner, only drink water, and he runs 4 miles a night on the tread-mill sp?, but yea he worked up to that, started out at 1 mile a night and has been doing it for around a month and a half, was 178, now 159, almost 20 pounds, the thing is with diets, whatever you do, stick with it and keep in mind, to loose weight...calories burned has to be more then calorie intake, just my .02 on a way to loose weight, im doing it over the summer and working out at my local YMCA
Old 05-30-2005
Pandora Left Out Hope...and god do you need it!

pwr2thaboost is a jewel in the roughpwr2thaboost is a jewel in the roughpwr2thaboost is a jewel in the rough
Here... i walk/run 2miles daily... i take a supplement of hydroxycut every day, and as well i take Vitamen Supplements from GNC (no walmart brand) eat ur Dinner... for breakfast (aka, steak, potatos...) for lunch have somthing light, or JUNK FOOD!!! (this is my time to junk up) then at night have ur breakfast (aka, two eggs, a bowl of cereal...) NOTHING AFTER THAT!!!!!!!! load up on "water"(this could be gatorade and propel as well)... Hydroxycut supresses appetite so this is ur key... have fun!
Old 05-30-2005
I drive a jeep to compensate for my tiny pee pee

Blue_Honda_Civ will become famous soon enoughBlue_Honda_Civ will become famous soon enough
eat yogurt and low fat cottage cheese and also a lot of water helps too
Old 05-30-2005
I spend way too much time on this website

LowSky is an unknown quantity at this point
you got to exercise... do some cardio ( about 45min-hour 3x a week) and some light weight lifting (2x-3x a week) you loose weight slowly but your also building muscle and after a few months the weight start coming off quicker no matter what you eat... and drink water or jucie (aka nothing with corn syrup as an ingrediant). i 've lost 15lbs in 2 months it works
Old 05-30-2005
Men, chocolate, and coffee are all better rich.

samcanadian is a splendid one to beholdsamcanadian is a splendid one to beholdsamcanadian is a splendid one to beholdsamcanadian is a splendid one to beholdsamcanadian is a splendid one to beholdsamcanadian is a splendid one to beholdsamcanadian is a splendid one to beholdsamcanadian is a splendid one to beholdsamcanadian is a splendid one to behold
Try spreading out your meals throughout the day. You'll be eating the same if not more than you were before, but you won't be nearly as hungry. Also, your body's metabolism will be rolling constantly.

Ironfist would be a good guy to ask about this, as would Carbonfly.

If you ask me, it seems like you've answered your questions yourself... you should stop eating junk food period, and maybe work in some routine cardio 2-3 times a week to start you off. I start work at 7 and leave at 4 30, but I hit the gym after a quick meal at home. You CAN do it, and NO it's not that big a deal. Once you start losing a bit of weight, you'll be encouraged and things will get easier for you.

As far as nutrition tips? Cut back on empty calories and carbs (SWEETS!!!). Bread can be a killer in accumulating fat, which is why many people choose the atkins diet...however, those can tend to be more trouble than they're worth. Once again, ask Ironfist, he'll be able to tell you more than I can.

Also, ignore everyone else's ideas above me, because they're not Canadian, and Miss Canada just won the "Miss Universe" title...which means we're the best.
Old 05-31-2005
(SnOwBoArDeR | FoReVeR)

Civic_Racer9 has a spectacular aura aboutCivic_Racer9 has a spectacular aura aboutCivic_Racer9 has a spectacular aura about
i noticed u said "i walk 2 miles aday".....u need to RUN 2 miles a day
Old 05-31-2005
Premium Member

I wish I could run two miles a day...I try to run a little and walk and then run again...but I havent been able to get up there constantly. I will though.

Anyone else.
Thanks for the above suggestions
Old 05-31-2005
The only job I need is a blowjob

civic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond repute
The biggest part is your will power. You need to change your diet. Here is what i eat everyday. For breakfast i eat a banana and a glass of orange juice. For lunch i eat a sandwich and some fruit (watermelon, strawberries. banana, cantaloupe, etc...) Then for dinner I eat a sensible meal. I also drink lots of water.

As far as you eating alot of junk food..........then don't buy it !!!! I have a problem with junk food, if it is there in front of me, then i will eat it. If i go shopping, and i see it.....i will walk right by it.

Also, try not to eating anything after 8:00 at night. If you do feel a little hungry, snack on some carrots or yogurt. Stay away from alot of starches (breads and pasta).

As far as walking 2 miles, that is great. Try walking a little faster or maybe a little longer. One thing that i do is Tae-bo, that **** is a workout. It is also good for some change and for rain days.
Old 05-31-2005
Premium Member

Originally Posted by civic01vtec
The biggest part is your will power. You need to change your diet. Here is what i eat everyday. For breakfast i eat a banana and a glass of orange juice. For lunch i eat a sandwich and some fruit (watermelon, strawberries. banana, cantaloupe, etc...) Then for dinner I eat a sensible meal. I also drink lots of water.

As far as you eating alot of junk food..........then don't buy it !!!! I have a problem with junk food, if it is there in front of me, then i will eat it. If i go shopping, and i see it.....i will walk right by it.

Also, try not to eating anything after 8:00 at night. If you do feel a little hungry, snack on some carrots or yogurt. Stay away from alot of starches (breads and pasta).

As far as walking 2 miles, that is great. Try walking a little faster or maybe a little longer. One thing that i do is Tae-bo, that **** is a workout. It is also good for some change and for rain days.
That is excellent advice too. As far as the Tae Bo goes, do you do that tapes or do you take a class?
Old 05-31-2005
Premium Member

For Breakfast today I had a cup of coffee with 2 Splendas and 2 table spoons 2% Milk
3 Egg whites with Turkey
1 Liter Water

For Lunch I am going to get a Big Salad from Subway or a Six Inch Veggie on Whole wheat

For dinner I am not sure about. I took out a Chicken Sausage Pinwheel to Defrost for the wife and I. I will make that with a salad and some veggies, I guess.

And I will try not to eat dessert.

I am walking today at lunch, and I will try to walk this afternoon after work or this evening after dinner.
How is this?
Old 05-31-2005
I'm taking over!

Big Rob has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Eat the same amount, but do it in 5 meals rather than 3.
Old 05-31-2005
Registered!!

civic2nr819 is an unknown quantity at this point
I have tried to lose weight and what worked for me is eliminate soda and replace it with propel or fruit2o (regular water to).For breakfast a bannana and large ice coffee ,large ice coffee for lunch and whatever I want for dinner (real food not sweets).I try not to eat anything after 8pm.The ice coffee keeps me from getting hungry and I don't know why but it works for me,I have lost 20 lbs in 6 weeks.
Old 05-31-2005
Tell me what you don't like about yourself....

CarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to all
Originally Posted by civicdude
Ever since I got married last August I have put on some weight. All in all I gained around 25 pounds, and I feel disgusting. I really need to lose the weight. I tried Low carb, Atkins, and Weight Watchers but I still havent been able to lose the weight. I also walk 2 miles a day. I can lose up to 5lbs but thats the most.

Can someone please give me some advice as to what diet plan works the best or how I should be eating if not a diet plan...instead of the way I have been eating.

My problem is that I like junk food and I usually do snack after dinner. I know that is bad and I shouldnt be doing that....My other problem is that after work, around 3pm I usually dont do anything as soon as I get home...I know I need to get out and do stuff but I usually am too tired from work and getting up early. I work 6 to 2.

If anyone has any suggestions as to what I should be eating and how I can go about losing the weight, It would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Ok, first off - Cutting any part of your diet is not healthy. Moderation is the key my fellow moderator. You shouldn't cut carbs, or increase protein.

The breakdown should be like this-

50% Carbs
30% Protein
20% Fat

Carbohydrate is your energy. This should be mostly your breakfast and early meals in the day. They will giveyou the energy so you are not tired at 2pm when you get off of work.

And to everyone who is saying exercise is the key, well not totally. Diet accounts for 75% of losing weight. Exercise really only accounts for about 25%.

It is okay to eat after dinner. Who said you can't eat after dinner? I usually eat 2 more meals after dinner. Calories are Calories no matter what time of day you ingest them. There has been no proven documents to say that eating just before you go to bed leads to fat gain.

But there has been studies that prove how often you eat does attribute to weight gain. A study done on rats tested the meals per day theory. They took 2 rats. Fed them both the exact same amount of calories. Only, the first rat was fed his calories all in one meal. The second rat had his calories spread throughout the day. Even though they ingest the exact same amount of calories, the rat who only ate once a day actually gained weight and the rat who ate throughout the day actually lost weight.

You body can only process so many calories in a session before it stores it as fat for use later. This is why if you spread your meals out, they will keep the fire burning and you will actually find yourself eating more and losing weight. Which was great for me when i lost my weight because i love to eat and i still lost the weight.
Old 05-31-2005

CarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Big Rob
Eat the same amount, but do it in 5 meals rather than 3.
Actually it should really be more like 8-10 meals instead of 3-5.
Old 05-31-2005
Registered!!

dma001 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by civic2nr819
I have tried to lose weight and what worked for me is eliminate soda and replace it with propel or fruit2o (regular water to).For breakfast a bannana and large ice coffee ,large ice coffee for lunch and whatever I want for dinner (real food not sweets).I try not to eat anything after 8pm.The ice coffee keeps me from getting hungry and I don't know why but it works for me,I have lost 20 lbs in 6 weeks.
I've been working out for about 7 months now, and I've gone from 227 to 205; one of the things I've done is what civic2nr819 suggested -- I've pretty much eliminated sodas from my diet. I drink water almost exclusively. I still have my coffee in the morning (my co-workers INSIST on it, as I tend to be REALLY crabby without it), but other meals, it's strictly water. Another good practice is to divide up your total daily calories into 5-7 small meals spread out over the course of the day. The body can only make use of a certain amount of nutrients at a time; anything beyond that is stored for later use = fat. You might also look at what you're eating -- slow-burn carbs (like oatmeal, grains, and rice) are better for you than fast-burn simple carbs (sugary snacks, sodas). Try to eat more protein and fewer carbs, but don't eliminate carbs (or fats, for that matter - you need some, like olive oil and nuts) completely.
Old 05-31-2005
DODGE the father, RAM the daughter

NoiSe has much to be proud ofNoiSe has much to be proud ofNoiSe has much to be proud ofNoiSe has much to be proud ofNoiSe has much to be proud ofNoiSe has much to be proud ofNoiSe has much to be proud ofNoiSe has much to be proud ofNoiSe has much to be proud ofNoiSe has much to be proud ofNoiSe has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by samcanadian
Try spreading out your meals throughout the day. You'll be eating the same if not more than you were before, but you won't be nearly as hungry. Also, your body's metabolism will be rolling constantly.

Ironfist would be a good guy to ask about this, as would Carbonfly.

If you ask me, it seems like you've answered your questions yourself... you should stop eating junk food period, and maybe work in some routine cardio 2-3 times a week to start you off. I start work at 7 and leave at 4 30, but I hit the gym after a quick meal at home. You CAN do it, and NO it's not that big a deal. Once you start losing a bit of weight, you'll be encouraged and things will get easier for you.

As far as nutrition tips? Cut back on empty calories and carbs (SWEETS!!!). Bread can be a killer in accumulating fat, which is why many people choose the atkins diet...however, those can tend to be more trouble than they're worth. Once again, ask Ironfist, he'll be able to tell you more than I can.

Also, ignore everyone else's ideas above me, because they're not Canadian, and Miss Canada just won the "Miss Universe" title...which means we're the best.
Old 05-31-2005
Premium Member

Thanks....I am going to try to eliminate Diet Soda Completely and only drink Water or Coffee....Does Anyone drink Flavored Seltzer? Is that ok?

Right now I am almost done with my second liter of Water....I am going to try to drink one more liter today...Maybe two but I doubt it....

I am going to do my 2 mile walk in 45 minutes and maybe I will go 3 miles...All depends on how much of this project I have been working on, gets done. After Dinner I will try to walk again with my wife.
Thank you,
Old 05-31-2005
Registered!!

pbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant future
well, id tell you what i eat, but you wouldnt like it. haha...my diet isnt the best one out there. i dont eat breakfast, i eat a decent lunch most of the time, unless i skip lunch (those days suck)...then i get home and have a pretty light dinner most of the time.

for lunch i have either sushi, salad, a meatless sandwich or grilled/steamed/baked salmon with potatoes or some vegetables. sometimes ill get some bread with that also.

unfortunately, i dont have the motivation to exercise after work right now either. but if you get home at 3pm, its all about the motivation at first. once you start its easier to get into the routine.

cut out the junk food also. snack on fruits or veggies or nuts or dried fruits. its the time now w/ all the berries being in season. im sure you can find a lot of great fresh grown stuff out there in LI. and dont drink too much water either. if you drink too much you will flush your body of nutrients that it needs.

oh yeah...sex is great exercise!! do yoga sex...that will definitely get you into shape! haha
Old 05-31-2005
master of the culinary martial arts

masarak is a glorious beacon of lightmasarak is a glorious beacon of lightmasarak is a glorious beacon of lightmasarak is a glorious beacon of lightmasarak is a glorious beacon of lightmasarak is a glorious beacon of light
Get a hobby that requires you to sweat. That way you're burning calories doing something you enjoy and that's productive. I got my lazy butt outside by giving tennis lessons on weekends and working in my lawn/garden during the week.
Old 05-31-2005
im a psychopath...what are you looking at?

claudeboi is an unknown quantity at this point
heres what most body builders do eat at least 6 meals a day or every two hours...not the "steak kind of meal", but enough to last you the next two-three hours. High protein food is suggested like protein bars, if not, salads is a good choice. Increasing you many meals increases metabolism, coupled with your cardio, you'll start losing weight.
Old 05-31-2005
Premium Member

jcem will become famous soon enoughjcem will become famous soon enough
Stay away from empty calories. If you eat bread or pasta, make it wholegrain. If you eat salads, stay away from leaf lettuce - there is no nutritional value in it. At the very least use romaine, but better yet use spring mix, endive, escarole or arugula. Part of the "willpower" problem associated with snacking is when a persons body is craving nutrience. By eating smaller quantities of food high in nutrition you will experience less cravings. A multivitamin will also help. Don't bother wasting your money on all those GNC supplements.
Stay away from soft drinks. Stay with juice or water or green tea. None of those "fruit drinks ie fruitopia that are mostly sugar.
Keep up with the walking. You will burn enough calories with that much walking once you are eating the right foods.

Good Luck

Last edited by jcem; 05-31-2005 at 10:51 AM.
Old 05-31-2005
Registered!!

ice91w is an unknown quantity at this point
Ok.. heres my sit.
I'm a christian and i asked God for help on dish one.
I'm also a soldier deployed in iraq right now.
i also used to be a fat ***(i can say that cuz i used to be a foot shorter, about 5' or so and 250 lbs.)
I decided to follow my sisters footsteps and join the army (thish was about 2 years ago). army recruiter said i was overweight. I had to lose about 80 lbs for my height/weight standards.
so what did i do? i dissapeared for a while!
for that 2 months every day,

I ate a light breakfast(korean food) not real light but like an average serving(i'm also korean and eat lotta korean food) like smal bowl of rice and some chicken thingy or fish or eggs(ate the yellow too!)
for lunch i ate whatever.
but instead of drinkin shiezyloads of dr pepper, i drank like less than average or just water.(yesh, soda plays a big part)
then for dinner,
i ate cereal! not that high in sugar cereal but like that Kellogs thingy with the strawberies or better yet, that whole grain and wheat + nut thingy cereal and skim milk. didnt matter how many bowls of cereal but tried to keep it under 5 lol
then i downed 3 cups of black coffee and then had a wine cooler or 2 before goin out to the clubs(trance clubs - i would chill for like an hour then dance for like 30-45 mins an chill for another hour)
and
If i couldnt make it out to the clubs, i would do the same as above but i would turn on trance music and dance like i would at the clubs for about 30 to 45 minutes)
and yesh, caffine does have a big part in weight loss but be carefull because it dehydrates you. Shiez forgot, start sprinkling lil more salt on urr foods because salt helps your body hold and use the water u drink.
dunt ever start eating less times a day, it KILLS ur metabolism.
and ur body will just think SHIESZZ i'm not eating enough, might as well just store the food i do get away in my fat deposites!!!

Water - it helps all the chemical reactions in ur body like digest, burn fat, make and move stomache acids and basses, restore water in muscles(help u renner better), this and that.

Salt - Helps keep ur water in ur body, instead of letting it pass down to ur bladdar, then u be pissin like every 10 minutes!

Caffine - makes ur heart beat faster thus makin ur bpdy hotter(burning more fat cells AND using more water!! look UP)

People, sorry if u didnt understand some of it but i just sux at explaining things. And i never went to college.
i'm 20 y/o and I Gradumated with G.E.D. and i'm a Combat Medic in the U.S. Army and it's my job to keep my soldiers in good health while its
FREAGGIN 130 DEGREES HERE in iraq.
(at least i got 149 iq)

*****edit:*****
by doin that for 2 months straight, i lost 80 lbs.
250 down to 172!
then i went to Basic trainin and lost more, was down to 155 then back to 175 now back down to 164!!! WOOHOO!! but i also eat at horrible times(missions and all)

Take from my experience what you would like!
******Edit******<----- I also think i gotz like ADD and/or ADHD and/or COD, and i'm plain ol' wee tod did
*COMBAT MEDIC* !!!!!
6-8 cav, 4th UA!!!

and also, if u like trance/dance/breakbeatss check my songs out plz
www.myspace.com/degri
and i've gotz a online journal at
www.xanga.com/krnice91w
and download any of my songs at(i changed my name from dj sa63 to "DegRi"):
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/8/djsa63music.htm

THANKS EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! peacez
-daniel Joon hong

Last edited by ice91w; 05-31-2005 at 11:17 AM. Reason: forgot sompin...
Old 05-31-2005
Registered!!

dre2600 is an unknown quantity at this point
I don't really have a diet plan per se, but after my final exams were done and I spent more or less a month solid sitting at a desk I'd put on a few pounds. Presently I cut off the excesses from what I eat (eg: if you like replace regular soda w. diet, cut out junk food completely in favour of frozen yogurt, if you must have something sweet). I mean, eat what you like, but don't take anything to excess. With that in mind, I also bike about 25-30km/day mixed uphill/downhill. Its typically not as dry as jogging on a treadmill or lifting weights because you're actually moving at a decent velocity so its actually enjoyable, versus just monotonous. I've even considered it as an alternate form of transport vs my car in the summer months.

So yeah, cut back on excess, find some form of exercise thats enjoyable to you. Too many people are huge on just starving themselves into malnutrition (ie: I ate only salads for a month and lost 5 pounds), thats really unhealthy.
Old 05-31-2005
Premium Member

Well I am back from my brisk 30 minute walk. And I feel better than I did before I left....My problem with my job is I sit on my azz all day in a cube. I wish i was doing something where I was moving around a lot, but I dont. The only walking around I do at work is to get water, and to go to the bathroom from all the water lol.

My outside hobby is car detailing. I have so many family obligations this past weekend and the weekend coming up, but the week after I will be detailing. I usually spend up to 6 hours on a car, and I can work up a sweat doing it...Last week i washed and waxed my mother in laws accord, and washed my prizm, my wifes civic, and my father in laws grand am....It was great to be out doing something instead of sitting in the apartment watching tv.

I am going to get some oatmeal right now, and then after work I have to go do some errands. So I wont be able to eat my next meal till around 4pm. I think I will have some tuna or some salad, that should hold me over to dinner.
Old 05-31-2005
Premium Member

Oh ya...I like Arizona Diet Ginger Tea...IS that ok to have?
Old 05-31-2005

Originally Posted by ice91w
and yesh, caffine does have a big part in weight loss but be carefull because it dehydrates you. Shiez forgot, start sprinkling lil more salt on urr foods because salt helps your body hold and use the water u drink.
dunt ever start eating less times a day, it KILLS ur metabolism.
and ur body will just think SHIESZZ i'm not eating enough, might as well just store the food i do get away in my fat deposites!!!

Water - it helps all the chemical reactions in ur body like digest, burn fat, make and move stomache acids and basses, restore water in muscles(help u renner better), this and that.

Salt - Helps keep ur water in ur body, instead of letting it pass down to ur bladdar, then u be pissin like every 10 minutes!

Caffine - makes ur heart beat faster thus makin ur bpdy hotter(burning more fat cells AND using more water!! look UP)

People, sorry if u didnt understand some of it but i just sux at explaining things. And i never went to college.
i'm 20 y/o and I Gradumated with G.E.D. and i'm a Combat Medic in the U.S. Army and it's my job to keep my soldiers in good health while its
FREAGGIN 130 DEGREES HERE in iraq.
(at least i got 149 iq)

*****edit:*****
by doin that for 2 months straight, i lost 80 lbs.
250 down to 172!
then i went to Basic trainin and lost more, was down to 155 then back to 175 now back down to 164!!! WOOHOO!! but i also eat at horrible times(missions and all)

-daniel Joon hong
Yes it is evident that you have ZERO education. None of your statements are facts. They are only unsubstantiated opinions. And they aren't even partially correct at that.

Salt is one thing that you should could cut. NOT increase. By increasing salt intake you increase your blood pressure and risk of heart attack. Risking this is not worth the very minor benefit from increasing salt intake.

Drinking coffee to get your caffeine is stupid. Coffee is a diuretic. This means that water is being pulled from your system. You also should not prescribe a supplement for someone when you do not know their health history.

Losing 80 lbs in 2 months is stupid and humanly impossible. Especially on that piece of **** diet. A healthy rate of losing weight is 1-3 lbs a week.

When you get a degree in exercise physiology like me, then you can come back and try to give advice.
Old 05-31-2005
Registered!!

ice91w is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by CarbonFly
Yes it is evident that you have ZERO education.
---------zero education? i have G.E.D.

None of your statements are facts. They are only unsubstantiated opinions. And they aren't even partially correct at that.
-------- thanks for correcting me then.

Salt is one thing that you should could cut. NOT increase. By increasing salt intake you increase your blood pressure and
---->opinion?---->risk of heart attack.
---->another opinion?>Risking this is not worth the very minor benefit from increasing salt intake.
--------thanks for the info.. but i think it depends on the person which i shoulda explained...wait.. you should explain the pros and cons and who should increase amounts like little sprinkles

Drinking coffee to get your caffeine is stupid. <--I said thats what I did, ME. yup.
Coffee is a diuretic. This means that water is being pulled from your system. ---- lets see, I drank coffee and drank water and increased salt (a lil "sprinkle") hmmm...

coffee - water is pulled from my system and pushes out of the body, and water puts it back in. salt help keep it in. (mind you that this is what i'm saying that worked for me! not telling any of you to do it.)

You also should not prescribe a supplement for someone when you do not know their health history. ---- I did not perscribe ANYTHING I told what worked for me and I said "Take from it what ou would like" and yes, i shoulda put out a warning for risk.

Losing 80 lbs in 2 months is stupid and humanly impossible.---- I did AND I never said it wasnt stupid.
Especially on that piece of **** diet. ----Yup, But I did it
A healthy rate of losing weight is 1-3 lbs a week. ---- another opinion?

When you get a degree in exercise physiology like me, then you can come back and try to give advice.
-----How about I verify with my unit Doc and PA and Report Back eh?
I may very well be an idiot but i don't need you to point that out ok?
i know i got almost no education but does that make you any better than me?
education isnt everything. heck, my dad could be a Surgeon General and taught me every freggin thing he knows and coulda quized me on everything he taught me. the point is, I get to know someone before talking shiez about them. Because you, who has a "Degree in Exercise Physiology", will I take your words into consideration.

********DISCLAIMER********
Everything that I have stated on this post is NOT in any way, shape or form of a suggestion EXCEPT for the part where it says "Take from it what you would like."
Anything Stated by me IS NOT a professional opinion and you should ask your Physician for any prefessional advice on "Losing Weight".
I will no longer be held responsable for anything I say for the reason that I am not a Certified anything but a Graduate with a G.E.D.(General Education Developement) Certificate, thus meaning I am not a Professional, nor am I authorized to make any professional opinions.
I am NOT certified with a DEGREE in any field yet, thus, I can NOT give any "Substantiated" Advice in any way shape or form.
I am just a nothing, nobody, private nothing, who cannot be Professionally Corrected, but must be compared to a qualified subject matter expert and told by that qualified personnel that i have "ZERO" education.
ALSO, Please disregard everthing in my last post Except the parts in which I explained what - I - did.
Old 05-31-2005
Registered!!

DaRickSta is an unknown quantity at this point
Old 05-31-2005
For every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you.

blackBDMcivicLX has a brilliant futureblackBDMcivicLX has a brilliant futureblackBDMcivicLX has a brilliant futureblackBDMcivicLX has a brilliant futureblackBDMcivicLX has a brilliant futureblackBDMcivicLX has a brilliant futureblackBDMcivicLX has a brilliant futureblackBDMcivicLX has a brilliant futureblackBDMcivicLX has a brilliant futureblackBDMcivicLX has a brilliant futureblackBDMcivicLX has a brilliant future
Don't eat before bedtime. Let's say you go to bed at 9pm. NEVER EVER eat after 7. Your body is so slow during that time and sleep you don't burn as many calories as you just consumed. Eat fruit, veggies, and drink water (but not too much...it can kill you) and just exercise like 30 minutes a day 4 days a week. All of that stuff helped me lose like 12 lbs in two weeks. And i wasn't starving.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Need to lose some weight

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.