Auto X/Road Racing Auto X and Road Course Forum

Hot off the race track... Now with In-Car Video

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2004
Jap-Euro Fusion
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
Hot off the race track... Now with In-Car Video

Well I must say... a road track has gotta be the most fun you can have on this side of the universe. I just spend an hour and a half of track time, hauling *** around Gingerman Raceway, and all I can say is holy ****. Ok, I mean, autocross is fun and all, and I guess this is just a blown out of proportion autocross, but the fun increases exponentially. I probably had the slowest car out there, it was a Honda Meet, so naturally its all the street cars and stuff with built B-engines... and I had my little D. Oh well, work with what you got. What did I have??? Oh right... I have one hell of a suspension. Alright, so what I didn't really have in all out horsepower, I had in corner power. So basically, my day long goal was to pick a hatchback, and stick with it. By the end of the day, by the time I had the hang of the track (first lapping day ever), I was doing it. I'd get walked on in the straights, but I knew I could dive in late and make up some ground... seemed to work.
BTW, the Kumho MXs held up great under the pounding... I came off the track, they had so much stick you could hear it as the car rolled, pyrometer off the track was 160 in the center of the tread block... not bad since they can go up to about 180. Brakes.... well, we don't know. The pyrometer went up to 600 deg, the rotors didn't register. All I know is I drove 170 miles down the interstate and they were still dead when I got home... so either I have no pad, they're glazed or the fluid boiled and I've got air in the lines... I'll figure it out.

A few pictures (I have about 100 + an hour and a half of in car video to also sort through)

That SRT4 had over 400 HP.... I kept him behind me for 14 and a half minutes of the 15 minute session. I get out he says "Damn, that thing's fast though the corners."

Stuff like this is where the JICs really let it all hang out. They're so stiff and the track surface is so smooth that the car won't hop, so they can do their job of holding the car where you want it. No roll, predictable rotation and just incredible weight transfer. I took a few people for rides and everyone seemed pretty impressed with the handling.
Oh BTW.... I made it to 88 MPH on the back straightaway.

Video is here: http://tools.ecn.purdue.edu/~krausej...mhmquickie.mpg

Do be advised, its 42 MB and 4 minutes long. Dialup is banned.

Last edited by Boilermaker1; 07-05-2004 at 11:20 PM.
Old 07-05-2004
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
irishtemper has a spectacular aura aboutirishtemper has a spectacular aura about
awsome man, they have a track near me but not sure where it exactly is or how to find it.
Old 07-05-2004
Retired suspension supermod.

robbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to behold
Yeah, I beleive the JICs were meant more for the track than autocross. i wish i had the $$ to do that. Maybe one day!
Old 07-05-2004
Jap-Euro Fusion

Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
I paid $75 for the day... and even got a T-shirt
Old 07-05-2004
OMNES AD UNUM

jttegx has a spectacular aura aboutjttegx has a spectacular aura about
see, this is the kinda **** i wanna do with my car but i dont have the money for it

it looked like a great day to race. no sunlight and not many drivers out their on the track.
Old 07-05-2004
Jap-Euro Fusion

Couple more things...
Non-spec alignment... very good thing. I would have been screwed with stock front camber. The extra 1.2 degrees negative helped the car dig in a lot.
I ran the airbox with no top and basically turned it into ram air.... worked great for high revs.

I went through 10 gallons of gas in about 200 miles.... economy car my ***

Last edited by Boilermaker1; 07-05-2004 at 11:53 PM.
Old 07-06-2004
Registered!!

evanl85 is an unknown quantity at this point
That's awesome, I wish there was a real race track around here, and that I had a good suspension setup.
Old 07-06-2004
Premium Member

Mr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to all
it looked like you almost lost it at about 3:25- 3:28 ? kinda like you oversteered or something or am i wrong?

very nice though man that **** makes me want to try it!!!
Old 07-06-2004
Search and Learn

civicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nice
We should organize event at gingerman or roadamerica for 7thgencivic and ephatch
Old 07-06-2004
Jap-Euro Fusion

Eh, I'd just call it pushing too hard. I don't remember if I hit some tire marbles or just came around that horseshoe too hot or what, but itf I lost it, the video frame would have been filled with the CRX behind me.
Old 07-06-2004
Jap-Euro Fusion

A few more

Old 07-06-2004
Registered!!

Sickboy will become famous soon enoughSickboy will become famous soon enough
Great pics.
Old 07-06-2004
Registered!!

Green Civic is an unknown quantity at this point
Looks good. I've always wanted to run on a track like that. I guess I'll look for a date when No Problem Raceway has an open track day for hondas. How long is the track? No Problem's is like 2.8 miles.
Old 07-06-2004
Jap-Euro Fusion

Gingerman is 11 turns/1.88 miles, and its real safe to run there... there's tons of runoff.
We should organize event at gingerman or roadamerica for 7thgencivic and ephatch
I like this idea
Old 07-06-2004

Titleist71 can only hope to improve
real nice.....your a pretty good at the road course style!! More vids more vids!!!!!!
Old 07-06-2004
Registered!!

usafstud will become famous soon enoughusafstud will become famous soon enough
congrats to coming to the road racing side

now you know that road racing is just "***** OUT FUN"

i been road racing my civic pretty much every month since feb. of this year, with autoXing every other month

i'm going to be road racing 3 days of July in the first 11 days of July.
Old 07-06-2004
Registered!!

the track on the right is what i ran many times

the track on the left is what i'll be running this saturday and sunday. going to bigger tracks now, practicing for honda challenge for next session(if my friend and i get our project car done)
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	TrackMap.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	30.6 KB
ID:	32332  
Old 07-07-2004
Registered!!

evanl85 is an unknown quantity at this point
You guys are so lucky to have (real) racetracks near you that you can run on. I'd honestly drive all the way to Indiana if you guys held a 7th gen meet there.
Old 07-07-2004
Addicted to the Twisties!

FattyMcJ will become famous soon enoughFattyMcJ will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by usafstud

the track on the left is what i'll be running this saturday and sunday. going to bigger tracks now, practicing for honda challenge for next session(if my friend and i get our project car done)

SICK TRACKS !!!

Man...I need to start road racing....
Old 07-07-2004
Jap-Euro Fusion

You guys are so lucky to have (real) racetracks near you that you can run on.
um... Virginia International? Its like right there.
Old 07-07-2004
Autocross Junky

Zzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond repute

Thats Buttonwillow and "The Streets of" Buttonwillow right?
Old 07-07-2004

alienmeatsack has a spectacular aura aboutalienmeatsack has a spectacular aura about
I love going to my local track (hallett motor racing circuit, www.hallettracing.com). I do their website and go when I go to drive. Unfortunately my tires need replacing (both my track and street tires) sO I have not been this season yet.

::whine::

Poasted some videos of my runs from last season at one time here but the links are dead now thanks to Yahoo.
Old 07-07-2004
Registered!!

Green Civic is an unknown quantity at this point
Boiler, were you the only 7th gen there?

http://www.noproblemraceway.com/ (Local track for me)

Last edited by Green Civic; 07-07-2004 at 02:35 PM.
Old 07-07-2004
Registered!!

dj02 is a name known to alldj02 is a name known to alldj02 is a name known to alldj02 is a name known to alldj02 is a name known to alldj02 is a name known to alldj02 is a name known to alldj02 is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Zzyzx
you are correct sir! i love st of buttonwillow >sigh< i need to go up there havent been there in a while!

good **** thoe boliermaker

cant wait till i get my cam set up in my car so i cant get some good **** on film.
Old 07-07-2004
Registered!!

Originally Posted by Zzyzx

no, the large track is "Willow Spring" and the other track that is on the lower right is "Streets of Willow"

Button Willow is another track at a different location. i raced at Button Willow before too
Old 07-07-2004
Registered!!

Originally Posted by dj02
you are correct sir! i love st of buttonwillow >sigh< i need to go up there havent been there in a while!

good **** thoe boliermaker

cant wait till i get my cam set up in my car so i cant get some good **** on film.

sorry but u are incorrect. this is button willow
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	brp_track_config_y.gif
Views:	43
Size:	23.1 KB
ID:	32371  
Old 07-07-2004
Autocross Junky

Zzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond repute
.... Too many willows.....
Old 07-07-2004
Registered!!

dj02 is a name known to alldj02 is a name known to alldj02 is a name known to alldj02 is a name known to alldj02 is a name known to alldj02 is a name known to alldj02 is a name known to alldj02 is a name known to all
sorry but u are incorrect. this is button willow
Originally Posted by zzyzx
.... Too many willows.....
see how long its been, and yes there is to many willows thats how i get confused!

whens the next track day frank?
Old 07-07-2004
Jap-Euro Fusion

Boiler, were you the only 7th gen there?
I was the only 7th gen on the track.
Old 07-07-2004
Registered!!

Originally Posted by dj02
see how long its been, and yes there is to many willows thats how i get confused!

whens the next track day frank?
i don't think i can make it to the track this weekend, need to go finish up on paper work on the house i bought

its almost a trackday every weekend, just need to find out who is hosting it

Quick Reply: Hot off the race track... Now with In-Car Video