Auto X/Road Racing Auto X and Road Course Forum

A question for the racing people (the legal Drag/AutoXers)

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2003
Jap-Euro Fusion
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
A question for the racing people (the legal Drag/AutoXers)

Something I've noticed at some of the past few events is that some of the online forums have Logo magnets.... so you can remove them when you leave the track. Now I know, I don't want ANY stickers on my car on the street, but I wouldn't have any problem slapping a magnet on to AutoX the logo. I don't know if the Drag racers have the magnet thing going on, but some autoX cars look like Magnetic Nascars.
Provided D would allow use of the 7th Gen logo (If there's interest, I'll ask him), would anyone be up for coming up with some kind of a Race version of the site logo and slapping it on for race days? I'm GUESSING if 10 people were up for it, the cost of getting a vinyl sign shop to print them up would be tolerable.
Anyone???
Old 08-24-2003
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jnycash is an unknown quantity at this point
I'd be up for it. Maybe if we came up with a logo we could just email the file out and people could get it printed at their leisure. I have a roommate who is a computer graphics major so he might be able to help us out. However, before I ask him to get involved I'd like to see how much interest we have and/or if anyone else would be willing to try.

I have decent Photoshop talent, but little to no creative ability to come up with an original concept...
Old 08-24-2003
Registered!!

Deviouz480EX is an unknown quantity at this point
That's a pretty good idea. I personally HATE stickers, they are very tacky, but sometimes they do serve a purpose. So magnets would make it so you can have the option of only having it on there when you need to. I would be down.
Old 08-25-2003
Autocross Junky

Zzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond repute
It would be interesting, but it depends if it fits with the rest of my Magnets,

You could maybe make it the size of that Honda magnet, that would work.. Not to big not too small.
Old 08-25-2003
Retired suspension supermod.

robbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to behold
well i know a shop in Jersey that can do custom magnets if that helps. They have dealt with my car club. Not sure how much it would cost but i am sure he could get the design from D and make a few. I can find out if you want boilermaker.

I want to get some magnets but not sure what ones. How do you always get the same run number ZZYZX??
Old 08-25-2003
Autocross Junky

Zzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond repute
our club assigns #s the first time you show up. This is you'er # for the rest of the year. If you are a Member of the club you can chose to keep you number Permanantly, or at the end of the year chose a new # and keep that one.
Old 08-25-2003
Registered!!

jnycash is an unknown quantity at this point
Were you thinking the "Out with the old, in with the new" logo from the front page? I kinda like like the 7thgencivic.com logo that's up in the upper left corner of all of the pages too.

Maybe something for the top of the front quarter over the wheel well, or the lower rear quarter?

I'm unaware of how much it would be to have the magnets printed... Another idea would be to have them printed on self-adhesive vinyl and then just stuck onto bulk magnetic sheet and cut out. That route might be significantly cheaper.
Old 08-25-2003
Jap-Euro Fusion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
I'm thinking nothing larger than about 6x10". Not a billboard, just something fairly legible. I wasn't thinking the "out with the old...." thing. The www.7thgencivic.com and some sort of simple "race inspired" logo. A profile of the car with a checkered flag background or something to that simple effect.