Auto X/Road Racing Auto X and Road Course Forum

Autocrossing tonight in LAS VEGAS!!!! Now with Pics

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2003
Autocross Junky
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Zzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond repute
Autocrossing tonight in LAS VEGAS!!!! Now with Pics

Going Autocrossing tonight, yes its hot in Las vegas so we race at night durring the summer.

its as Sunset Station tonight (07/27/03) Check/tech opens at 5:00 and closes at 6:30, first car out at 7:00. come check us out if your in town, even if you dont want to race.

what unique about tonight is that a friend I race with will be driving my car. Hes a multi time National champ in a street prepaired CRX (CSP), So it should be interesting to see how much faster my car can be with a good driver.

I'll post results of Me Vs the pro later tonight (probably after 11).

Last edited by Zzyzx; 07-28-2003 at 11:57 AM.
Old 07-27-2003
Jap-Euro Fusion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
Well, it's like 2000 miles... so I don't think I can make it by tonight.... I don't think the Civic has Warp So have fun
I wish we had a night event... that would be sweet.
Old 07-27-2003
All Eyes On Z

SlammedBlueEM2 is on a distinguished road
Take pics!
Old 07-28-2003
Registered!!

VTECTypeR is an unknown quantity at this point
its 11:30 where u at. waiting unpatiently lol
Old 07-28-2003
Autocross Junky

Zzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond repute
good morning every body! finally got back. I help out with take down and we go out to "Breakfast" afterwards.

so heres the skinny.

My best time of the night 31.9
Former National champ (CSP) in my car 30.9

thats only 1 sec difference so I think Im doing pretty well.

Unfortunatly I got 3rd tonight, thanks to a 2.5 RS coming in with a 31.5. Oh well.
Old 07-28-2003
All Eyes On Z

SlammedBlueEM2 is on a distinguished road
Nice!
Old 07-28-2003
Chicks dig my scent

civicskater is an unknown quantity at this point
awesome bro! I want to autocross so bad, once i do more stuff on my car i will. Ive got a friend who autocrosses in his 01 GSR and he loves it. Good job on your time too
Old 07-28-2003
Autocross Junky

Pictures

Bumper Sticker

STi

ME!

More in My gallery!

Last edited by Zzyzx; 07-30-2003 at 01:35 PM.
Old 07-28-2003
Registered!!

jnycash is an unknown quantity at this point
Why wait? My 02 EX coupe is bone stock (yes, even the tires) and I autox it. I might not finish at the top of the list but I'm getting seat time.
Old 07-28-2003
Autocross Junky

Originally posted by civicskater
awesome bro! I want to autocross so bad, once i do more stuff on my car i will. Ive got a friend who autocrosses in his 01 GSR and he loves it. Good job on your time too

like jnycash said, go now. Stock classes is where you'll learn the most and the quickest. Preped cars let you make too many mistakes and this can lead to developing Bad habbits (That slow you down).
Old 07-28-2003
Chicks dig my scent

civicskater is an unknown quantity at this point
good point, all ive done to my car right now is intake and exhaust, next thing within the nex couple months are brakes and wheels. But in Setember in chapel hill they'll having a couple races ill be out there!
Old 07-28-2003
Jap-Euro Fusion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
Originally posted by Zzyzx
like jnycash said, go now. Stock classes is where you'll learn the most and the quickest. Preped cars let you make too many mistakes and this can lead to developing Bad habbits (That slow you down).
Bingo... you drive the car. Don't let the car drive you.
Other little tidbit... if you ever get fun runs... go with the old guy who kicks everyone's ***. Thats the guy to learn from. Even better... get him to ride with you (if he's gutsy enough to do it)
Old 07-28-2003
Autocross Junky

Official times:
STS

1.30.966 2001 Civic (My car)
2.31.161 2000 2.5 RS
3.31.930 2001 Civic (ME in my car)
4.32.756 ???? GTi VR6
5.32.936 ???? corolla (Auto)
6.33.229 2000 Civic Si (Cute Girl From Arizona, Tuscon I think)
7.33.773 ???? Corolla
8.35.410 ???? ?????
Old 07-28-2003
Autocross Junky

OH ya, that Porsche I claimed to beat: his best time 32.009 so I got him by .079 sec.