Introduce Yourself! New member to the site? Stop in here and introduce yourself and make some friends. Strangers = danger!!

Swap questions bring me and my K to your forums.

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2019
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
lowermainlandK is an unknown quantity at this point
Swap questions bring me and my K to your forums.

Hello everyone, first time posting on a car forum for almost a decade. Today was my big day to fire up my kswap for the first time and well, im here looking for answers so you may know how that went. I've got a 1998 civic (canadian si) and ive completed a k20a2 swap with 6spd trans. Blew way to much money but had alot of fun doing it. Start day came, loaded a base map on Kpro and found myself with cranking sounds and a rather pleasant vibrating chassis. Never turned over however. First thoughts is my 410cc RDX injectors may have flooded the thing based off the intense fuel smell when trying to fire it up. I changed the parameters in Kmanager to 410cc over 310cc in the base map I was using but I have read from some forums this will adjust the tables enough to get you by and others say you must adjust the fuel latency and such. I'll be honest I dont even know what latency means. Could be other issues ofcourse but I have new plugs, the fuel is a bit old too so that could be something. Could be an issue in Kpro im missing but I have the basics adjusted for swaps as far as I know. But all that being said I will hop on the search engine here and begin my process of picking your guys brains to get where I need to be. Appreciate the help in advance and happy to be here.
-lowermainlandK
Old 03-24-2019
Dr Krieger of Modification

Received 84 Likes on 58 Posts
mac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to behold
Re: Swap questions bring me and my K to your forums.

Welcome =D

To narrow down the possible problems perhaps, reinstall everything to stock (injectors and what not), set kpro to stock settings, and see if she runs. If it runs then you know it's a test and tune situation, if not then perhaps you forgot a ground or a sensor is not plugged in all the way.
Old 03-24-2019
Registered!!

thanks mac! thats my plan at the moment. i think i have alot of things to consider after going down the rabbit hole. open header no back pressure, iacv ports are simply plugged, lose sensors/plugs, bad grounds as you said. trans ground specifially, i have it on the bracket on the trans as some websites state as good but i will change that to a bolt through the trans. something simple i assume! is there a swap specific section here i am not seeing? or do most post through the engine modification sections?
Old 03-28-2019
Dr Krieger of Modification

Received 84 Likes on 58 Posts
mac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to behold

Back pressure wont stop it from running. It also wont kill your power, it effects torque curve though.

But...its not going to run with the iacv plugged.

Open throttle with accelerator, or screw driver, while starting.

See if it runs.
Old 03-28-2019
Registered!!

how do you complete a a full delete of the evap canister and heater hoses then? stock throttle body, deleted the heater core/lines, deleted the evap canister and lines.single vacuum line on the whole swap correct? manifold to brake booster. the iacv has always confused me, two coolant ports? one of which use to go to the upper coolant neck? and the other to the back of the block or where? if its just capped off why would it not work? i have so many questions now... haha
Old 03-30-2019
Registered!!

Figured it out today!!!! #15 fuse under dash (alternator/sp sensor). swapped it out and it fired up instantly. using the stock k20a2 cal. adjusted injectors to 410cc and its that simple! thanks for the thoughts mac! in the process of figuring it out i looped my iacv. seems to be just fine.