Introduce Yourself! New member to the site? Stop in here and introduce yourself and make some friends. Strangers = danger!!

Howdy from Texas

Old 01-23-2019
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Farmerjane is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Howdy from Texas

Hey Ya'll~ Just a quick intro. My name is "Farmerjane" and I hail from North Texas (Whitesboro to be exact - Google it). Been A Honda owner since 1986 (have 4 in the driveway at the moment and yep...I'm that old) and just recently purchased my 2019 Honda Civic Si Coupe. Just now getting the HFP package installed - will give an update when I get 'er back. Stll tryin' to navigate the forum, but hope to gain some insight as well as give some back. I like to keep things on a positive note and don't really cotton to drama or meanness; so I hope that I've come to the right place for good-natured ribbing, informative narrative and all-around good clean fun.
Old 01-23-2019
"Marge, anyone could miss Canada! All tucked away down there."

Received 1,120 Likes on 935 Posts
Colin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to all
Re: Howdy from Texas

Welcome to the forum!
Old 01-23-2019
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,143 Likes on 798 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

Old 01-23-2019
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold

Welcome to the forum!!
Old 01-24-2019
Dr Krieger of Modification

Received 84 Likes on 58 Posts
mac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to behold

Good to have yu, welcome.
Old 02-23-2019
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
06 EX Mild Mods has a spectacular aura about06 EX Mild Mods has a spectacular aura about06 EX Mild Mods has a spectacular aura about

Welcome, tell us about your "HFP package installed" sounds like you have a fun ride. I'm from Bedford about 83 miles south of you in the DFW area.
Old 02-24-2019
Registered!!

rogerscivic is an unknown quantity at this point

hello. Welcome to the forum!!
Old 05-17-2019
Registered!!

Farmerjane is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Re: Howdy from Texas

THANK YOU for the friendly welcoming! I know it's been quite a while since I posted. Don't really peruse forums like I used to back in the day (before FB, IG, etc...). Anyway - Just wanted to give a little update on my 2019 SI with HFP pkg. May I just say - LOVING....IT!!!! This car has proven to be such a FUN ride!!!! What's not to like about being able to shift gears and actually D-R-I-V-E the car - RIGHT!? I joined the SCCA a few months ago and have taken her to the track once. What a THRILL!!!! If any of you have ever thought about doing it but are on the fence - JUMP OFF AND DO IT!!!! The people are amazing, the camaraderie is great and there is such a huge amount of education that comes with learning more about your car, other drivers, etc... Now - with all of that said, let me "tell" on myself. While I had the HFP pkg. put on the car before I even brought her home from the dealership, I managed to be in such a huge adrenaline rush when I lined up to get on the track that I actually FORGOT to engage it. HA~!!! H-O-W-E-V-E-R, I was able to get a feel for what the SI could do on it's own WITHOUT that package - so that was a good thing. I managed to keep up with the pace car, a Porche 911, and two Corvettes without missing a beat...so there's that. HA~!! This thing cornered like a snake and it gripped the track like glue. No sliding, skidding or grass tracking. I can only IMAGINE how she will do the next time I go (in June, I believe) with the Summer tires and actually engage it into sport mode. HA! I will let you know. So for your viewing pleasure - I am attaching two pics of my 2019 as well as one of my 2012 (driven by my youngest son) - all at track day in Cresson, TX.