Introduce Yourself! New member to the site? Stop in here and introduce yourself and make some friends. Strangers = danger!!

New Civic owner with a california smog problem

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2019
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Jack Schitt is an unknown quantity at this point
New Civic owner with a california smog problem

I purchased a 2006 Civic last Sunday. The catalyst monitor is inactive and it's a pain to complete these drive cycles. Registration is due on the 22nd, but I can't register it until it passes smog. So I'll have to non-op it when I go do the title change. That means I can't legally drive the car on non-op. But if I can't drive the car, how will I get the monitor completed to pass smog? And if I can't pass smog, I can't get it registered. Wtf California?!
Old 01-16-2019
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold
Re: New Civic owner with a california smog problem

Originally Posted by Jack Schitt
The catalyst monitor is inactive and it's a pain to complete these drive cycles.
Take the car for a good long drive making sure to do highway driving and town driving. The state has to allow you time to complete this, like some sort of grace period.