Lighting Use this for all your lighting questions

Want LED dual headlight bulbs for 2002 Civic EX

Old 09-10-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MamaBear2015 is an unknown quantity at this point
Want LED dual headlight bulbs for 2002 Civic EX

I'm looking for two LED headlight bulbs - dual ( high/low beam in each bulb ), and 4000k color temperature without plastic lenses to make it that color, that will fit my 2002 Civic EX.

Anyone sell those?
Old 09-13-2017
Dr Krieger of Modification

Received 84 Likes on 58 Posts
mac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to behold
Re: Want LED dual headlight bulbs for 2002 Civic EX

All I can tell you is don't get the cheap ones that just look like a regular bulb. They work but the light output is dangerously dark.

Get the expensive $150-200 ones with the built in resistor (they might have a power stabilizer as well, I can't remember).
Old 09-13-2017
Registered!!

I'm not even finding anything like what I'm looking for.
Old 09-13-2017
The legs in the public bathroom stall

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
mcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to behold

Go to hidplanet.com and read about headlamp projector retrofits. On the civics with a single H4 bulb per side there are projector choices that are nearly drop in and give much much better output that any led/hid bulb in halogen reflectors.
Old 09-13-2017
Registered!!

Originally Posted by mcnoople
Go to hidplanet.com and read about headlamp projector retrofits. On the civics with a single H4 bulb per side there are projector choices that are nearly drop in and give much much better output that any led/hid bulb in halogen reflectors.
You mean, I'd get better light output, while keeping the existing halogen bulbs?

The problem is that I use those Sylvania Silverlights and they only last a year, so when I looked at LED's, they have lumenal outputs of 2+ what these do, AND they last. So I was hoping to find some direct replacements in 4000k ( the color temp of these Sylvanias ) that wouldn't cost a fortune, would at least double the lumens on low and high beams, and wouldn't cost to change the whole headlight assemblies either. Like plug n play.
Old 09-13-2017
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,144 Likes on 799 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MamaBear2015
So I was hoping to find some direct replacements in 4000k ( the color temp of these Sylvanias ) that wouldn't cost a fortune, would at least double the lumens on low and high beams, and wouldn't cost to change the whole headlight assemblies either. Like plug n play.
not gonna lie, that's a pretty tall order.
Old 09-13-2017
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

?!?
I changed my bulbs once, and I am at 130k miles. it's a 02 car (not stock headlights) but a stock one should last much longer than a year

and i turn the lights on as soon as i turn the engine on (safety)

you likely have some sort of electrical problem
Old 09-13-2017
Registered!!

Originally Posted by sdaidoji
?!?
I changed my bulbs once, and I am at 130k miles. it's a 02 car (not stock headlights) but a stock one should last much longer than a year

and i turn the lights on as soon as i turn the engine on (safety)

you likely have some sort of electrical problem
No, these Sylvania are super bright halogens. If you look at Amazon, others have reported the same life spans on these.
Old 09-14-2017
Registered!!

Received 53 Likes on 38 Posts
NDNV is a glorious beacon of lightNDNV is a glorious beacon of lightNDNV is a glorious beacon of lightNDNV is a glorious beacon of lightNDNV is a glorious beacon of lightNDNV is a glorious beacon of light

Yes the Silverstars do not last long.
I have used the HID kits and they were awful - bean pattern everywhere and blinded oncoming drivers like crazy - very dangerous - threw them in the garbage did not even resell them.
So I did not want to retrofit projectors into the existing housings (probably beyond my capabilities and patience anyway) and have resorted to the Sylvania ZXE bulbs which are similar to the Silverstars but better?? To save on bulb life on these I only use DRL during the day and turn the headlights on during night driving. DRL only use the high beam bulb at a reduced voltage.
Old 09-14-2017
Registered!!

Originally Posted by NDNV
Yes the Silverstars do not last long.
I have used the HID kits and they were awful - bean pattern everywhere and blinded oncoming drivers like crazy - very dangerous - threw them in the garbage did not even resell them.
So I did not want to retrofit projectors into the existing housings (probably beyond my capabilities and patience anyway) and have resorted to the Sylvania ZXE bulbs which are similar to the Silverstars but better?? To save on bulb life on these I only use DRL during the day and turn the headlights on during night driving. DRL only use the high beam bulb at a reduced voltage.
EXACTLY why I was hoping for super bright 4000K LED bulbs. Denver has now reached 3 million people and a lot are from California and the drivers are CRAZY, PLUS we have constant lane closures and traffic jams.

We REALLY need super bright and visible LED bulbs that we can leave on ALL the time. In fact, I even had an idea, for after I find some, for having a relay installed, which would turn the headlights on whenever the engine is running, and off when it isn't. But if I did that with these Sylvanias, they'd last 6 months.

Search this Thread