Lighting Use this for all your lighting questions

my CCFLs!!!!!!!! PICS (56k OK) DIY post 5

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2006
I need a drop
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thefever is a jewel in the roughthefever is a jewel in the roughthefever is a jewel in the rough
Hell Yes. It's currently out right now, It takes up too much room beside my legs, Plus the antenna was HUGE.
Old 09-01-2006
I HEART KATIE

Quantas is an unknown quantity at this point
anyone else need help with this mod?? the trunk is real easy too and it lights up ur driveway when u pop it
Old 09-01-2006
Don't be a n00b, search ftw

01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future
I think you've did a good enough job of explaining this man

This will be my next interior mod to my car. I'm going to put two under the dash, and two under the seats facing the rear (I have passengers in the rear of my car quite often in the dark) And perhaps a couple in the trunk. Still undecided on the color though. Black interior and gold car...I was thinking maybe amber-orangish or yellow...Maybe just good old white or blue
Old 09-01-2006
I HEART KATIE

or u could do red to match all the dash lights? and if u want the palcement pics i can get a few day shots as well
Old 09-01-2006

01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future
I've got blue Gauge faces, but I don't quite know if I want my car glowing blue like a smurf exploded on the inside...It's still up in the air though. Worst thing that happens is I don't like a color and I put them up for sale on here. They're only like 12 bucks anyways
Old 09-01-2006
I HEART KATIE

yeah and its real simple to change bulbs cuz they just plug into the invertor
Old 09-01-2006
DeX
Canadian, Eh!

DeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to all
Turn your subwoofer around, it'll sound better.
Old 09-01-2006
I HEART KATIE

but then the trunk will rattel, it sounds the best on the INSIDE of the car when the seats are down and it is facing me IMO, but if you would explain it more to me then i might consider
Old 09-01-2006
Registered!!

genexrocket has a spectacular aura aboutgenexrocket has a spectacular aura about
sweet
Old 09-01-2006
Registered!!

boxcarracer is a jewel in the roughboxcarracer is a jewel in the roughboxcarracer is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Quantas
or u could do red to match all the dash lights? and if u want the palcement pics i can get a few day shots as well
ill pm you when i do this
Old 09-01-2006
I need a drop

thefever is a jewel in the roughthefever is a jewel in the roughthefever is a jewel in the rough
Wheres the placement of the one in your trunk bro? Also, has anyone tried this in their backseat anywhere?
Old 09-01-2006
Registered!!

xvi3tboi69x is an unknown quantity at this point
diy with pic plz! front and trunk diy sorry im a slow newbie
Old 09-01-2006
Registered!!

orion_squall is just really niceorion_squall is just really niceorion_squall is just really niceorion_squall is just really niceorion_squall is just really nice
not rice

theyre not rice then???? but they are bright as hell!!! omg, i had to mount them so u couldnt see the bulb cuz they are so damn bright, u can see them in the back seet where ur feet go, thats how bright they are
It is probably not rice because you can use them to locate any thing you dropped and hide under the seats.

theyre not rice then???? but they are bright as hell!!! omg, i had to mount them so u couldnt see the bulb cuz they are so damn bright, u can see them in the back seet where ur feet go, thats how bright they are
It is probably not rice because you can use them to locate any thing you dropped and hide under the seats.

Last edited by orion_squall; 09-01-2006 at 05:08 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 09-01-2006
You Stay Classy, San Diego

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
jamis33 is just really nicejamis33 is just really nicejamis33 is just really nicejamis33 is just really nice
hey I live in canada and was wondering if anybody knew any major retailers that would carry these cold cathode lights
Old 09-01-2006
Banned

djrabbi is a name known to alldjrabbi is a name known to alldjrabbi is a name known to alldjrabbi is a name known to alldjrabbi is a name known to alldjrabbi is a name known to alldjrabbi is a name known to all
tigerdirect.com
Old 09-03-2006
Registered!!

4Saris is an unknown quantity at this point
I guess I'll have to figure a way to make it turn on with the doors. How about wiring the one in the trunk to the existing light back there?
Old 09-03-2006
I HEART KATIE

yeah, thats what i did with my trunk, i pulled the factory light and spliced in my invertor wire directly without a switch so it comes on when the trunk opens....and i ziptied it to the roof of the trunk
Old 09-09-2006
Premium Member

TRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz Erthang
I am doing this in a few minutes- picked up all the stuff and am building a harness- I'll post some pics for you guys who are visual learners (for the trunk).
Old 09-10-2006
Registered!!

SloW4Sh0wVic will become famous soon enoughSloW4Sh0wVic will become famous soon enough
damn thats awesome

but kinda ricey... idk
Old 09-11-2006
jao
Registered!!

jao is an unknown quantity at this point
ok so im trying to do the trunk with ccfls. i have a red and black wire. the red is positive and black is negetive on the ccfl? so i connect the red wire to the grey one on the trunk and the black one to the red one? also i want the ccfl to turn on with the interior lights. is there another power source other than the cig lighter?
Old 09-11-2006
Registered!!

ricergribbs is an unknown quantity at this point
i just ordered a pair, but i found a car lighter adapter here http://www.casecooler.com/ . should be here on friday hopefully :P . oh btw, mine are black lights so woot!
Old 09-19-2006
Registered!!

SepulturaCivic has a spectacular aura aboutSepulturaCivic has a spectacular aura aboutSepulturaCivic has a spectacular aura about
Nice Cheap Mod, i dont consider it rice.
I mean...to me, rice is having the ones you just plug into your cig lighter and u have an ugly wire hangin around from it all the time.
Im gonna order me some cause they are inexpensive.
How would i wire it to the dome light like most people have done or want to do?
I think that is a really good idea and would impress a few people.
DIY with pics would own!
Old 11-04-2006
Registered!!

2k2civic should not be trusted2k2civic should not be trusted
In case anyone is wondering on how to wire it so that they turn on when the doors are opened....the door triggers are wired to the factory keyless entry plug. Big ugly green plug under the dash on the drivers side.

Driver side door trigger: green
Pass. side door trigger: light green/red

Just a matter of making sure you got the right polarity (use relays if necessary) and wire them to a relay to turn on the lights.

EDIT: I have 3 or 4 of 12" UV tubes laying around, maybe I'll turn my car into a mobile strip club

Last edited by 2k2civic; 11-04-2006 at 01:09 AM.
Old 11-04-2006
I need a drop

I made a diy, for anyone who's interested.

http://www.7thgencivic.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=283026
Old 11-04-2006
Premium Member

Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
I wired mine and it fried every invertor. Now I have to find new invertors and figure out why it works with 12v in my computer but not in my car...
Old 01-04-2007

I just got mine today....Time to do some wiring and take some pictures
Old 01-13-2007
Registered!!

enjoitofer is an unknown quantity at this point
i use to have the 7 led color on in my old car it was dope but got over it in like a month