Lighting Use this for all your lighting questions

Ebay OEM Style Foglights - List The Good Sellers Here

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2005
Super Hoser

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
turboslug will become famous soon enoughturboslug will become famous soon enough
Ebay OEM Style Foglights - List The Good Sellers Here

ok,

there are too many ebay foglight threads but a lack of organization of information coupled with a horrible site search engine(and the fact that this site is too slow to be loading a billion pages to do research) = very time consuming to dig up information.

let's make one thread to document a list of ebay sellers selling oem style foglights that have the correct wiring harness for easy installation

anyways, here's what you should list:

EBAY SELLER ID:
MODEL YEAR CIVIC WHICH FOGLIGHTS WERE INSTALLED:
TRIM LEVEL OF CIVIC:
FITMENT AND QUALITY(LEAVE A COMMENT ABOUT FITMENT AND QUALITY):
PRICE(list price you paid + shipping price):

i think it's also a good idea for you peeps to tell us if the informantion is from first hand or if you heard it through word of mouth...just want to avoid any conflicting statements...

Last edited by turboslug; 12-16-2005 at 07:59 PM.
Old 12-21-2005
I just burnt my tongue

ragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really nice
EBAY SELLER ID: PowerImport
MODEL YEAR CIVIC WHICH FOGLIGHTS WERE INSTALLED: 2004
TRIM LEVEL OF CIVIC: LX
FITMENT AND QUALITY(LEAVE A COMMENT ABOUT FITMENT AND QUALITY): Fitment is great and harness is solid (only complaint is the switch is cheap as usual but that isnt an issue)
PRICE(list price you paid + shipping price): 60 + 20 shipping (80 total)
Old 12-23-2005
Registered!!

mikenam is an unknown quantity at this point
yeah nice thread was thinking about purchasing fogs.

thnx
Old 12-23-2005
Boredom causes changes ;)
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Karumba has a spectacular aura aboutKarumba has a spectacular aura aboutKarumba has a spectacular aura about
EBAY SELLER ID: racing_guys
MODEL YEAR CIVIC WHICH FOGLIGHTS WERE INSTALLED: 2001
FITMENT AND QUALITY(LEAVE A COMMENT ABOUT FITMENT AND QUALITY): The fogs themselves look fine. The wiring harness looks a little on the cheap side, but the switch was absolutely garbage. http://www.7thgencivic.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=212511 As well, the switch had no proper adapter to plug in. Had to hard-wire it.
PRICE(list price you paid + shipping price): ??? too long ago, and not worth the return shipment of the switch - second one was the same quality
Old 12-24-2005
I log in from time to time

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
dirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to behold
EBAY SELLER ID: procarparts.com
MODEL YEAR CIVIC WHICH FOGLIGHTS WERE INSTALLED: 2001
TRIM LEVEL OF CIVIC: EX
FITMENT AND QUALITY(LEAVE A COMMENT ABOUT FITMENT AND QUALITY): 9 out of 10. i only give a 9 because i had to extend one part of the harness about 2 feet to reach into the cabin. the switch is perfect and the harness is otherwise perfect. the lights...well, they work.
PRICE(list price you paid + shipping price): ~$70 shipped.
Old 12-24-2005
Registered!!

WKHCivic will become famous soon enoughWKHCivic will become famous soon enough
I am looking into some ebay fogs. However I have read that some have bad harnesses, some have bad switchs, and some are ok. The sellers I have found have been autodynasty, hk-plus, cosmodynamic, and motorenergy. If you have purchased your fogs from any of these companies can you please let me know how the wiring was, how the switch was, and how the service was. Thanks, this will be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by infinite012; 12-24-2005 at 01:08 PM.
Old 12-27-2005
Registered!!

hdave is an unknown quantity at this point
^ me too

bump for this thread
Old 01-04-2006
Registered!!

TuRtLE714 will become famous soon enoughTuRtLE714 will become famous soon enough
well if you guys do order from ebay and get bad switches...i just finished up doing the DIY "using OEM fog light switch with ebay fog light wire harness" i had it for months and finally attempted to do it...it was real easy. so now everything looks OEM to me the switch is mounted flush
Old 01-09-2006
Super Hoser

turboslug will become famous soon enoughturboslug will become famous soon enough
anyone else? none of the listed sellers seem to sell the oem style fogs anymore...

can someone tell me which seller on ebay is currently selling the oem style fogs w/ the correct harness? free rep points to the the person who provides good info..heh
Old 01-10-2006
Registered!!

aznrocka is an unknown quantity at this point
EBAY SELLER ID: PowerImport
FITMENT AND QUALITY(LEAVE A COMMENT ABOUT FITMENT AND QUALITY): Fitment of fogs lights were good. Harness were at an OK length. Only problem I had with the harness was that it did not work. Had to take it to a shop and have them hard wire it for the fogs to work. The switch is cheap. The button comes off and it doesn't fit into the hole.
PRICE(list price you paid + shipping price): 62 + 19 shipping (81 total)

EDIT: Well today (01/29/06) the crappy switch melted on me on my way to work!

Last edited by aznrocka; 01-29-2006 at 04:31 PM.
Old 01-13-2006
Registered!!

HawkMan is an unknown quantity at this point
EBAY SELLER ID: AutoDynasty
MODEL YEAR CIVIC WHICH FOGLIGHTS WERE Attempted: 2003
FITMENT AND QUALITY(LEAVE A COMMENT ABOUT FITMENT AND QUALITY): Fitment of fogs lights looked good. Harness were at an OK length. Only problem I had with the harness was that it did not work. Tried twice, and wouldn't work either time; plugs pulled out twice. The switch is SUPER cheap, fell apart once while unpacking, second switch broke as I was plugging in. The button comes off and it doesn't fit into the hole.
PRICE(list price you paid + shipping price): 21+ 18 shipping (wife bought them as present?!!?!?!)
SERVICE: Nice, but clueless. Refund pending.

I'm hoping Robear will be better?
Old 01-29-2006
Registered!!

A couple of things:

(1) we really need more people input on the good and bad sellers. It seems most people have problems with the ebay fogs and everybody's got something with fog lights to post but i dont know why people wont post their pros and cons here
(2) I came up with a good idea for us cheapskates who buy ebay fogs (mainly for 04-05 vics)...since to my knowledge there isn't a good reliable working 04-05 fog light seller, even tho it cost some hefty money, we could buy the 04-05 ebay fogs (~$80-85) but also buy the 01-03 ebay fogs (no more than ~$40) and use the switch harness from the 01-03 using the 04-05 since some people have a good working 01-03 working harness.
Old 01-29-2006
I just burnt my tongue

ragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really nice
you can always buy an 01-03 kit from ebay for lets say around 30 bucks tops than use that harness and switch and order actual OEM honda stanley fog lamps from www.handaaccessories.com for $95 or so and use that

but you would have to get new H8 bulb connectors and splice those in which is relativeley easy

Last edited by ragingSPAM; 01-29-2006 at 09:29 PM.
Old 02-12-2006
Registered!!

CustomXSpunjah is an unknown quantity at this point
will an 01-03 harness work on a 05??? I need a for sure answer because i am about to order the harness
Old 02-12-2006
I just burnt my tongue

yes as long as the bulb size on the fogs are the same as on the 01-03 harness
Old 02-28-2006
Banned

spoonJDMlX is an unknown quantity at this point
yeah i just bought mine off ebay lastnight, i want to change the bulb to a yellow one but i duno the bulb size....anyone know?
Old 02-28-2006
Registered!!

look on the bulb..it should tell you...and for what year? i think the 01-03 used diff bulbs than the 04-05.
Old 04-05-2006
Registered!!

mikem317 should not be trusted
Anybody purchase a pair from "symmicauto"? That seller has a pretty stellar feedback rating.
Old 02-21-2007
Feel safe at night, sleep with a paramedic.

AmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond repute

i was gonna start a thread just like this, but i found this instead. as it's now almost a year later, and most of these sellers are probably gone, we need some new info here. post up your experiences with ebay fogs, especially for 04-05. i don't want to pay $250 to H and A, but I don't want to waste $50 on crap from ebay, either. help me out, people. thanks.
Old 02-23-2007
Premium Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz Erthang
exactly... i'm looking for some 01-03's with the ion crap, basically look clean and clear, but have them light up yellow.. we'll see
Old 02-26-2007
Registered!!

rice4lyfe will become famous soon enough
bump for this threadd!
Old 02-26-2007
Premium Member

Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
Bought these off another 7thgenmember. I'm positive they're the same as every other ebay kit as the harness looks identical. Everything went well but the switch is garbage. A $2 toggle from Autozone solved it. I just put LaminX on them the other day.

Old 02-27-2007
Registered!!

rice4lyfe will become famous soon enough
looks snazzy
Old 02-28-2007
Registered!!

SDhondarider will become famous soon enoughSDhondarider will become famous soon enough
EBAY SELLER ID: Trendgear
FITMENT AND QUALITY(LEAVE A COMMENT ABOUT FITMENT AND QUALITY): Fogs fit fine, harness was a little short but I got it to fit. I could have routed it better throughthe driver side door instead of the the passenger firewall and it would have fit no problem. Switch was meant for the area left of the steering wheel so i hot glued it to the place its supposed to go liek the OEM. Switch works fine. I suggest replacing the fuse in the harness with a higher quality fuse because mine melted after a while. Bulbs are kinda crappy quality as well and one actually didn't mount correctly and would wobble.

Replace the bulbs and the fuse and it works great.
PRICE(list price you paid + shipping price): 62 shipped i believe
Old 03-10-2007
Premium Member

TRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz Erthang
bump for it
Old 03-11-2007
Registered!!

TheMoogly is on a distinguished road
EBAY SELLER ID: KAYEE
FITMENT AND QUALITY(LEAVE A COMMENT ABOUT FITMENT AND QUALITY): Had to cut out the holes to fit the fogs in and epoxy some make-shift tabs on to hold them secure... wires were great, switch was VERY high quality (BUT the LED is amber and not green like the switch for my cruise control... yeah, I dont even care). I have absolutely nothing but good things for that Ebay vendor! Great product, fit perfectly and wired up like a dream.
PRICE(list price you paid + shipping price): Probably 50 or 60 + 20 shipping

Old 03-29-2007
cant boost cuz it'll wreck the name

BOOSTLESSD17 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Ebay OEM Style Foglights - List The Good Sellers Here

EBAY SELLER ID: Motor Energy (Eusse Ion yellow kit)
MODEL YEAR CIVIC WHICH FOGLIGHTS WERE INSTALLED: 2002
Fogs fit great into bumper once cut out. Wiring was pretty simple with using that 04-05 guide on hear. Switch fit fine, lights up and works great. They only bad thing was I had an extra wire that went no where with a connector that I later had to cut off and switch with the connector that goes in to the fuse box becaue they had it backwards other then that they were easy to install and decent quality.
PRICE(list price you paid + shipping price): All said and done shipped to Canada around 70 to 80 cdn. including shipping.
Old 04-24-2007
Super Hoser

Originally Posted by BOOSTLESSD17
EBAY SELLER ID: Motor Energy (Eusse Ion yellow kit)
MODEL YEAR CIVIC WHICH FOGLIGHTS WERE INSTALLED: 2002
Fogs fit great into bumper once cut out. Wiring was pretty simple with using that 04-05 guide on hear. Switch fit fine, lights up and works great. They only bad thing was I had an extra wire that went no where with a connector that I later had to cut off and switch with the connector that goes in to the fuse box becaue they had it backwards other then that they were easy to install and decent quality.
PRICE(list price you paid + shipping price): All said and done shipped to Canada around 70 to 80 cdn. including shipping.
can you elaborate on what you had to modify? so in the end, everything pretty much plugged into the correct locations in the fuse box? it's been awhile since i've looked into how these things are installed....is the relay in teh fusebox or is it one of those that hang off a harness?
Old 06-12-2007
Registered!!

MarkieMark will become famous soon enough

BUMP!
Anyone purchase fogs from robear? or ?
Are they the same as all the other ebay fogs?
Old 06-12-2007
Feel safe at night, sleep with a paramedic.

AmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond repute

nope, don't have any experience with robear, but x3racing is ok, if you can get them to send you the right color.

Quick Reply: Ebay OEM Style Foglights - List The Good Sellers Here