Lighting Use this for all your lighting questions

Installed HIDs today

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2004
98% of people will die in their lifetime
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questioned
Installed HIDs today

i dunno, maybe its cuz my digicam is super ghetto *** cheap or cuz i have the HIDs aimed to low but how come they dont look as bright as everyone elses that i see? i got the xtec 5000k kit. i have them aimed a little lower than that suggested in the DIY cuz i was worried about blinding other drivers, should i raise it up? anything look wrong?

see how theres hardly any light above the dash then theres that bright patch of light, should it be like that? vvv

even though some pictures dont look that bright it really is bright in person and its waaaayyyy better than stock. what you guys think? any tips, comments, suggestions, help, feedback is welcome.

Last edited by EnProceso; 12-05-2004 at 01:20 AM.
Old 12-05-2004
Banned

ImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trusted
I dont know man... Those pictures are making the HID kit seem dull...

I hope they are a lot brighter than those images... Haha, AIM the headlights to OEM specifications.
Old 12-05-2004

EnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questioned
yeah they are bright, i guess my camera sucks in low light, in the pictures facing the yellow truck theres a house on the left corner and the house was lite up. gonna fiddle around with the aiming tomorrow and see what that does.
Old 12-05-2004
Registered!!

LiKEaFeRiO has a spectacular aura aboutLiKEaFeRiO has a spectacular aura aboutLiKEaFeRiO has a spectacular aura about
It really shouldn't look like that.

From the pictures it looks like it aimed high.
There should be light "above the dash."

Either that or the filament isn't in the same location as stock which would mean a bad install or a poorly made bulb.

You shouldn't worry about how bright it looks when you look at the car.
All that matters is how brightly it lights the road.
Old 12-05-2004

the pictures were taking with a slight up hill slope in front of the car so maybe thats why it looks like its aimed high, but they are aimed lower than normal.

the filament i think is ok, no 1 headlight is brighter than the other and i dont know how i could install it wrong since a H4 bulb only fits in 1 way. i want to say my camera is the reason the pictures arent that bright cuz its brighter than stock for sure but looking at other poeples HIDs pictures in the HID post, it isnt as bright as theirs.
Old 12-05-2004

looking at these pictures side by side makes me think somethings wrong. i borrowed this pic from JayFReaZy's thread. we both use OEM housing and 5000k kits. so wtf???

MINE

JayFReaZys
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	103500012.jpg
Views:	555
Size:	15.0 KB
ID:	43417   Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture006_01.jpg
Views:	551
Size:	37.1 KB
ID:	43418  
Old 12-05-2004
Premium Member

shmik1 has disabled reputation
maybe his are aimed up quite a bit higher and some of that is from fog lights?

...just a guess
Old 12-05-2004
Premium Member

shmik1 has disabled reputation
but damn if that pic was taken w/o fog lights on or if he doesnt have fogs, holy **** im definitly saving for HIDs.
Old 12-05-2004
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
sedans have a better reflector
Old 12-05-2004

lol better reflector!? his looks like its daytime, mine looks like i'm holding a $2.99 flashing in front of my car, lol. this is crazy, i dont know what the deal is.
Old 12-05-2004
Yup, i'm an A$$hole.

Mystic3030 has a spectacular aura aboutMystic3030 has a spectacular aura about
Try aiming them UP a little bit more.
Old 12-05-2004
Registered!!

wonderz is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by gearbox
sedans have a better reflector
are you serious? that's a lot of difference right there comparing to those 2 pics.
Old 12-05-2004

well its not the aiming. i went to a garage to raise them up and on my way home i got flashed by a few cars but i still couldnt see the road very well so it has to be the kit somehow. i dunno what i'm gonna do, right now i have them aimed down again so i dont blind people but i can only see a few feet ahead of me.

theres a little black **** on the ballast, does that do anything?
Old 12-05-2004
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
streetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to all
best bet would be to take your car to the dealer to have them aimed by there machine, or an auto shop. See if that helps, if not, then there is another hidden problem. Personally I think aiming the headlights is like aligning the car, you cant do it good unless you have a machine.
Old 12-05-2004
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
injencivic is a glorious beacon of lightinjencivic is a glorious beacon of lightinjencivic is a glorious beacon of lightinjencivic is a glorious beacon of lightinjencivic is a glorious beacon of light
damn i am gettin a 4500k h1 kit from impulse for my tycs. i hope they arent like that.

Injen
Old 12-05-2004

its not the aiming, the overall brightness is what is the problem.
Old 12-05-2004
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
First off, the dealer won't aim hid, second they just park it next to a wall and adjust. There's no machine. Now is the problem with the actual bulbs, or is your camera just bad? I took all my pics with a longer exposure (night mode).

Sedans do have a different reflector housing and shield, but I don't think that's the problem. Either your install job is bad (which I doubt), or the kit is defective and bulbs aren't getting full power.
Old 12-05-2004
Banned

ImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trusted
All kits that are sent out are tested, and if something isnt 100% in working condition it is sent back, and another kit will be tested (repeats till a 100% kit) then that kit is sent out.

I would re - check the wiring, upgrade oem headlight fuses to 25 or 30

With your HIDs did you take off the shield covering the bulb?
Old 12-05-2004

Originally Posted by ImPulse
All kits that are sent out are tested, and if something isnt 100% in working condition it is sent back, and another kit will be tested (repeats till a 100% kit) then that kit is sent out.

I would re - check the wiring, upgrade oem headlight fuses to 25 or 30

With your HIDs did you take off the shield covering the bulb?
i rechecked the wiring, connections, etc... and everything is fine.
should i have to upgrade the fuse? is that what everyone else does cuz i dont remember reading anything about doing that?
the shied guard is the bottom cover on the bulb right?i left it on, should i take it off?
Old 12-05-2004
Registered!!

JayFReaZy will become famous soon enough
damn, that is a difference, shouldnt be like that though. I think urs are aimed too low. I have mine at stock height, i didnt touch a thing. As soon as I got the HID's, I just installed and thats it. Yea, I get flashed once in a while, but ****, I wish I could flash some of those other cars that already come "made for HIDs", its no different. If ur in the "beam pattern" ur *** is gettin blinded, reguardless if its coming from a rx-8 projector, or my civic in reflector. I suggest trying ur best to let it go back to stock height and throwing those HID's back in. I can see in the pic, it doesnt look like u can see further than 20ft ahead of u. As u can see in my pics, I can literally light up more than 50yrds. Just aim them higher, and u should be good.
Old 12-05-2004
Premium Member

That is the glare shield and should be left on. I remember others upgrading their fuses.
Old 12-05-2004
Banned

Put the halogens back in, and aim the headlights with the halogen bulbs (so that you dont have to keep turning the HIDs on and off)

I honestly think you aimed your lights too low? but yea... I notice that there is an UPHILL in front of your car? So, maybe thats why it looks low?
Old 12-05-2004

i give up, maybe my car wasnt meant for HID's i switched back to stock until i figure out what to do with them. riding with stock lights the HIDs are still brighter but just not as bright as i wanted.
Old 12-05-2004
Banned

bah, dont give up, I' am sure they werent aimed properly?

If they are better than the halogens why take them out?
Old 12-05-2004
Registered!!

JayFReaZy will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by shmik1
but damn if that pic was taken w/o fog lights on or if he doesnt have fogs, holy **** im definitly saving for HIDs.
No, I dont have foglights, pure HID's from my OEM headlights, mwhahahahhahahahahaaaa lol.

Anyway, dont give up man, I just think they're REALLY aimed low. Like impulse said, if they're A LOT better than stock, why change'em back to halogen? From the pics u took of ur headlights, they're extremely bright. Just work on adjusting them back to stock, and im almost positive u'll be happy. If ur worried about blinding other people, then u shouldnt have gotten HID's at all. Plus, who cares if u do? Its not that serious. If they dont wanna get blindind by ur lights, they need to stop focusing on them. People just over react. Yea, its a bit bothersom when I get blinded by HID's, but its not to the point where im like "oooo god, i cant see, im gonna crash!!!!!". All i do is STOP focusing my attention on it, and focus on the road ahead of me instead of on comming traffic and I can see fine.
Old 12-05-2004
Premium Member

You're not gonna be able to see anything at night in the rain. Get some fogs
Old 12-05-2004

call me paranoid but a few cars flashed me on a 5 minute drive, last thing i need is a cop whos having a bad day to ticket me. i switched back to stock so i could see more than 10ft in front of me which is what i could with the hids without glaring people. perhaps i'll put them back in later on
thanks for all the help though
Old 12-06-2004
Registered!!

LiKEaFeRiO has a spectacular aura aboutLiKEaFeRiO has a spectacular aura aboutLiKEaFeRiO has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by EnProceso
the pictures were taking with a slight up hill slope in front of the car so maybe thats why it looks like its aimed high, but they are aimed lower than normal.

the filament i think is ok, no 1 headlight is brighter than the other and i dont know how i could install it wrong since a H4 bulb only fits in 1 way. i want to say my camera is the reason the pictures arent that bright cuz its brighter than stock for sure but looking at other poeples HIDs pictures in the HID post, it isnt as bright as theirs.

Its probably an HID bulb with a H4 adapter. If that adapter was poorly built then it would cause problems.

But I have a feeling you didn't aim then like you are supposed to.
http://www.7thgencivic.com/forums/sh...adjustment+56k
Heres the DIY I did using my car with HIDs.
If you didn't aim them as shown in the DIY then you should go do that again.
Old 12-06-2004

i dont see how both adapters could be defected, they both work fine with OEM bulbs. is there someway that they wouldnt be getting the full power they need? i checked my install over and over and then i had my dad recheck it and everything was fine. something has to be wrong but i cant really do anything since these dont have warrenties so i'm pretty much screwed. i aimed them using that DIY twice. i dont think the aiming would cause THIS big of a problem. jayfreazy didnt aim his and look how bright they are. i can tell you right now after i first installed them and didnt adjust my headlights yet, they werent near that bright. this is driving me crazy!!
Old 12-06-2004
Jam out with your clam out.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
abmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questioned
looks good you gl00b.

your "5000k" kit looks just like mine. not blue at all

Quick Reply: Installed HIDs today