Lethbridge Street Wheelers Weekend *update July 10*

Old 06-15-2004
Historic Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CdnSilverStreak is a glorious beacon of lightCdnSilverStreak is a glorious beacon of lightCdnSilverStreak is a glorious beacon of lightCdnSilverStreak is a glorious beacon of lightCdnSilverStreak is a glorious beacon of lightCdnSilverStreak is a glorious beacon of light
Cool Lethbridge Street Wheelers Weekend *update July 10*

So the time has come again, where in every second week of July of the year, all the hottest rides in Southern Alberta descend on Lethbridge, Alberta. For those of you who are not familiar with it, it is a weekend in which the city showcases some of the hottest rides around, from crotch rockets, to classics, to muscle cars, trucks, and yes, to import cars.

The itinerary usually looks like this...

Friday night, cruise night.

Two of the main streets here in the city become the cruising strip, and tons of people line the nearly 10 km stretch to see the cars as they cruise up and down this strip all night long. There will be lotsa cars, lotsa people, lotsa booze (sometimes), and best of all, lotsa hot women hollering at you as you drive by.

Saturday all day, races.

Vehicles registered then show up at the Pavilion for some good old fashioned 1/4 mile racing.

Sunday, show and shine.

All vehicles then go to the downtown core at Galt Gardens Park where all vehicles will be on display for the public to see. Lotsa food too, good ol Alberta beef.

Well, seeing as I'm the only Lethbridge member here, and since there are few 7th gens in the city, I hoped it would be nice to have some other 7th gens join me, even though my 7th gen isn't heavliy modded. Most of the cars are classic and muscle cars, but there are some import rides. Friday is definitely cool by far. In general, it's just a weekend of fun fun fun with lots of great rides to see.

I'll post pics for everyone, even though it is still 3 weeks away...

Last edited by CdnSilverStreak; 07-10-2004 at 11:15 PM.
Old 06-15-2004
Registered!!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

civicstyle82 is a name known to allcivicstyle82 is a name known to allcivicstyle82 is a name known to allcivicstyle82 is a name known to allcivicstyle82 is a name known to allcivicstyle82 is a name known to allcivicstyle82 is a name known to allcivicstyle82 is a name known to all
Damn, everything happen once I move haha, if I were there I would definatly cruise down for that. Who knows, maybe I'll have some money and that weekend off, so I may come.
Old 06-18-2004

poor jaysun will become famous soon enoughpoor jaysun will become famous soon enough
I am scheduled for VUB ...
BUT Street Wheelers sounds like more fun.
Tough call
Old 06-21-2004
Historic Member

CdnSilverStreak is a glorious beacon of lightCdnSilverStreak is a glorious beacon of lightCdnSilverStreak is a glorious beacon of lightCdnSilverStreak is a glorious beacon of lightCdnSilverStreak is a glorious beacon of lightCdnSilverStreak is a glorious beacon of light
It's lotsa fun. For the Friday, I plan to cruise around till I get bored, check out the ladies, then hang out at the beer gardens. heh heh...

Lethbridge Street Wheelers weekend is July 9-11.
Old 06-27-2004

poor jaysun will become famous soon enoughpoor jaysun will become famous soon enough
ABCars cancelled entry for VUB so I will be in Lethbridge
If you see this 7thgen send out a honk
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	107_0794 small.jpg
Views:	180
Size:	75.5 KB
ID:	31802  
Old 06-28-2004
Historic Member

Pm'ed you...

Right on man. I'll give you a shout. Friday night will be cool, but it's tough to say whether I should cruise, or drink in the beer gardens and watch all the rides drive-by.

BTW, your Civic looks great! I like it!
Old 06-29-2004
Historic Member

Oops, Sunday Show and Shine (July 11th) is at a schoolground near Henderson Lake in Lethbridge, not Galt Gardens as I originally mentioned.

It is at the corner of 6th Ave. S. and Mayor Magrath Drive S. Apparently, the roster of vehicles is larger than before so Galt Gardens in the downtown cannot support it.

To those in Alberta who plan to attend, hope to see you there.

Remember,

Friday night, July 9 - cruise night... Cruise down the street in your ride, and you'll either be cheered or jeered by the ladies...

Saturday all day, July 10 - 100 yard dash/quarter mile.... blah blah... races at the pavilion.

Sunday all day, July 11 - show and shine.

More info to come...
Old 07-05-2004

More info at
http://streetwheelers.com
Old 07-05-2004
Historic Member

^ Thanks man, was gonna post that link...
Old 07-10-2004
Historic Member

Update July 10

Hey everyone,

So cruise night and the 100 foot dash ended tonight, and as usual the whole city is partying it up along the strip here in Lethbridge.

Me and Poor_Jaysun represented 7thGenCivic. I nearly fell over when I saw his car, it was unbelievable. There should have been more 7thGenners though.

I have pics up ASAP... tomorrow is the show 'n shine, so I'll save the best pics for last.
Old 07-13-2004
Registered!!

civicstyle82 is a name known to allcivicstyle82 is a name known to allcivicstyle82 is a name known to allcivicstyle82 is a name known to allcivicstyle82 is a name known to allcivicstyle82 is a name known to allcivicstyle82 is a name known to allcivicstyle82 is a name known to all
Got some pics for us? I wish I could've made it out but I had to work all weekend
Old 07-13-2004
Historic Member

Yeah yeah I know, this thread is useless without pics....
Old 07-13-2004
Registered!!

Originally Posted by CdnSilverStreak
Yeah yeah I know, this thread is useless without pics....
That is correct
Old 07-14-2004

Here are a few pics but tons of people and vehicles
Friday night cruise had over 5000 people watching the cars on the sides of the streets
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	108_0850.JPG
Views:	270
Size:	92.8 KB
ID:	32848   Click image for larger version

Name:	108_0841.JPG
Views:	160
Size:	83.7 KB
ID:	32849   Click image for larger version

Name:	108_0857.JPG
Views:	216
Size:	83.6 KB
ID:	32850   Click image for larger version

Name:	108_0855.JPG
Views:	180
Size:	81.0 KB
ID:	32851   Click image for larger version

Name:	108_0863.JPG
Views:	198
Size:	81.7 KB
ID:	32852  

Old 07-14-2004
Historic Member

Ha ha, you took a pic of your own car...

Oh yeah, Hi Jay...
Old 07-14-2004

Originally Posted by CdnSilverStreak
Ha ha, you took a pic of your own car...

Oh yeah, Hi Jay...
Of course