Engine Swaps Post information/questions about Engine Swaps here!

best engine swap?

Old 03-02-2010
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DrewLuvsLSU is an unknown quantity at this point
best engine swap?

i have a 2001 civic 4dr and i want to know what is the best engine swap for it and prices please...

and just out of curiosity is it possible to put a 2010 evo motor into a civic like mine?
Old 03-02-2010
HLC
Registered!!

HLC is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: best engine swap?

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL, if you wanted an evo x engine, buy an evo x! for a 01 civic, you're looking at a k-swap. a b-swap is technically legal but very expensive and involves lots of custom bits made.
Old 03-02-2010
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

the K series engines are easiest to put in our car and make great power.

as far as the "best" swap, it has to be HANDS DOWN the LS covette engine in our civics. HANDS DOWN.

Originally Posted by HLC
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL, if you wanted an evo x engine, buy an evo x! for a 01 civic, you're looking at a k-swap. a b-swap is technically legal but very expensive and involves lots of custom bits made.
with enough money, anythign is possible. he can put an Evo engine if he wanted it.

its u can put a LS corvette engine in a civic, than you can surely do something like an EVO.
Old 03-03-2010
HLC
Registered!!

HLC is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh I'm not doubting that it can't be done but it is most certainly not feasible
Old 03-03-2010
Registered!!

Jayg8881 is an unknown quantity at this point

hey if for 13000 u can put a SVT Cobra motor in a focus then anything is possible
Old 03-03-2010
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

^haha no joke dude
Old 03-29-2010
Registered!!

Crutcher is an unknown quantity at this point

What's your price range and who's doing the work? Then you can get some real answers lol.
Old 03-29-2010
Whachya lookin at?

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
BlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond repute

Damn, I should have bought a focus. These stupid civics cost 10, 000 just to put a K20 in... But at least I don't need AAA. Just think of the savings right there.
Old 03-30-2010
Registered!!

TemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to all

sell your civic and just buy a rsx. You can buy them for 8k now.
Old 03-30-2010
Whachya lookin at?

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
BlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond repute

Sell my civic that I have thoroughly maintained since brand new for someones piece of crap abused RSX? I know what you are saying but I'd rather not do that. It can go from 8k to 12k pretty fast.
Old 03-30-2010
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

There is a interesting article of putting a non-VTEC K24 in the last hondatuning magazine, much less expensive. It's still in the stands if you want to read it.
Old 04-09-2010
Registered!!

d17civickid is a glorious beacon of lightd17civickid is a glorious beacon of lightd17civickid is a glorious beacon of lightd17civickid is a glorious beacon of lightd17civickid is a glorious beacon of lightd17civickid is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by sdaidoji
There is a interesting article of putting a non-VTEC K24 in the last hondatuning magazine, much less expensive. It's still in the stands if you want to read it.

what k24 motor isnt vtec? do you have the engine code?
Old 04-10-2010
Registered!!

no it is a V-tec. On the Accord models (of the k24)it only has the 3 lobes on the cam on the intake side (this is also true about the base model RSX K20). On A TSX Type S's K24 it has 3 lobes on the cam on both sides (intake and exhaust). But Honda Tunning said by the time they printed the article that Skunk2 would probably have their new camshaft done. It would be alot more agressive that would bump up the horses pretty good.
Old 04-10-2010
Registered!!

mdawg is on a distinguished road

I would hope that you wouldnt disgrace the DSM world by putting a halfway decent motor into your econobox family car. You do know that a Evo is AWD right? Good luck making that work for anything less that $25k even if you can do all of the fab work yourself. I cant wait to see this thread, "Alright guys, I have this Evo motor and I have my 2001 Civic with an empty engine bay. Whats the best way to go about this?" Why on earth would you even think of using an Evo X motor anyways? Many will argue that the 4G63 is a very proven platform that the Evo X motor has even yet to touch, granted it has only been out a short time, only time will tell if the motor will do as well.

Now, if I ignored that joke about you wanting to swap in a Evo X motor then I would tell you that a K swap is going to be $10k, other than that your looking at even more fab work or other dumb swaps, which it seems you can concoct in this fantasy land you live in. Buy something with a better platform to mod like the RSX that was already suggested.
Old 04-11-2010
Registered!!

I do agree with mdawg about putting a Evo motor in a civic would cost way too much money to be worth it. However if u want an all-wheel drive that bad, u could swap a honda CRV engine and tranny in it. However it wouldn't be what u think it would be. It would more then likely be slow, now it might be faster then what u have, but beat a EVO, ummm....no. I will say this if u want to swap a k motor in ur civic, then u can go for a low buck put an accord K24 in it. It is just a drop in the engine bay(hasport even has that on their website right beside the motor mounts which are by the way under $600). Now it won't be as powerful but, u can always swap the head with a TSX. U still will have to buy the RSX Subframe and other peices but u can look up honda tunning(or even the archives here) and see the total list. I think honda tunning did the swap in a eg for like under $3000, so it could be around that. That is if u do all the work urself. So I think u can do it cheaper then $10,000.
Old 04-12-2010
PITA Admin
Administrator

sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by d17civickid
what k24 motor isnt vtec? do you have the engine code?
that's true, I messed up. I meant the engine with the "Economic" V-tec, from "3" to 4 valves engaging used in the Accords. (the wording is complicated here...).
Sorry, just that i read it (not really interested in doing it until my D17 dies out). And since i pointed the magazine, did not worry too much about the details. (it's still better to say non-V-tec than saying V-tec and they are not, right? )

Last edited by sdaidoji; 04-12-2010 at 01:02 AM.
Old 04-12-2010
PITA Admin
Administrator

Kingsport, TN?
By any chance, were you in one of the HondaTuning magazines?