Engine Swaps Post information/questions about Engine Swaps here!

Driver for Emanage support tool

Old 06-02-2005
Turbo Guru

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
andyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond repute
Driver for Emanage support tool

Ok, so I tried to hook up my emanage to my laptop but they wouldn't interface. Says I need a driver.....?
Basically the emanage program is not seeing that the emanage is connected. Anybody know where to find this driver to get it to function or have any suggestions?
Old 06-03-2005
AKA Mr. 60ft. Not to be confused with Civic_Redline

Redline04 is an unknown quantity at this point
Sorry to hijack your thread, but can you switch programs on the fly with a laptop and this software? Say an NA tune, then switch to a N20 tune?
Old 06-03-2005
SuperMODrizd
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

C2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond repute
yes but youll have to update each time
Old 06-03-2005
SuperMODrizd

C2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond repute
what driver is it asking for
Old 06-03-2005
Turbo Guru

andyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond repute
It doesn't say, it just won't interface, it brings up a new device wizard and asks for a driver.
Old 06-03-2005
Smuggling bananas and mexicans all for one low price...

TheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond repute
Hmmm, and you installed it off the CD correct? Did you update the driver, because you need to do that also. Um, I gpotgot what website but there's a YAHOO GROUPS account thats about the emanage and you can get it there... also I think on www.mohdparts.com they have the updates. Just make sure you follow the directions
Old 06-03-2005
Turbo Guru

The updates are not the problem. The emanage is not interfacing or communicating with my laptop.
Old 06-04-2005

TheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond repute
You sure that the COM's set correctly? I know some people had their computer communicating on the wrong COM port so it didn't see the emanage.
Old 06-04-2005
Turbo Guru

It doesn't have an actual com port. I had to use an adapter and plug it into the usb.
Old 06-04-2005

Oh wait I see what your saying. I hear that the greddy cord couldent be used in conjuction with an adapter because of some wiring they had done to it =*(
Old 06-04-2005
Turbo Guru

You have to be sh1tting me, wtf, so I just can't use my lap top with it?? That's bs, I'm gonna give greddy a call monday. So basically all newer laptops without com ports aren't compatible with the emanage? I can't believe that.
Old 06-05-2005
Mex
Registered!!

Mex is a jewel in the roughMex is a jewel in the roughMex is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by andyman97
You have to be sh1tting me, wtf, so I just can't use my lap top with it?? That's bs, I'm gonna give greddy a call monday. So basically all newer laptops without com ports aren't compatible with the emanage? I can't believe that.
let me know what you find out-- i too just purchased the support tool and was planning to rely on a USB adapter to connect it to the laptop.
Old 06-06-2005

I'm just saying I "heard" that, it might not be true lol
Old 06-06-2005
7thgen Power Maker

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
dezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to behold
You have to purchase 1 of 2 specific Serial to USB connectors. My laptop did the same thing at first. I bought the Bell one and everything worked fine.
Old 06-06-2005
Turbo Guru

Well, I called Greddy and they said it wasn't anything special with the cable or tool and told me good luck
Dezod-I have an adapter made by Dynex. You're saying this won't work and I have to use one made by Bell?
Old 06-06-2005
The wheel is turning...but the hamster is dead

ShoelessEX is a name known to allShoelessEX is a name known to allShoelessEX is a name known to allShoelessEX is a name known to allShoelessEX is a name known to allShoelessEX is a name known to allShoelessEX is a name known to allShoelessEX is a name known to all
yeah u cant just use a regular USB cable

my laptop is 6months old and it works fine, that whole "new computer not working" thing isnt true

Last edited by ShoelessEX; 06-06-2005 at 06:27 PM.
Old 06-06-2005
Turbo Guru

Well, now I got it working. There was a software cd for the adapter plug in the packaging that I didn't see. D'oh! Anyways, everything works, just won't let me update the firmware. It tells me "Project Failed" I followed all of my directions from mohdparts and made sure the file was named correctly but it still won't update
Any suggestions?
Old 06-08-2005

HyaBoosta will become famous soon enough
It takes forever and the staus bar when the upload on the update just freezes right? I had that problem and it took me forever to figure out and I bought like 4 diff. usb to serial adapters. Just go under your laptop window settings in the controll pannel and make use that the port that the usb port that you are using to connect the emanage wire is on the same com port settings as the emenage program. On the emenage software when you open it on the program there is a menu for com settings. If you set it to COM3 then make sure the usb port you are using on the laptop is on COM port 3. you sould see that the program for your adaptor should be on that com port or you have to switch it.
Old 06-08-2005

Didn't I say that before? lol