Honda Civic Racing: Drift/Drag/AutoX/Time Attack There are different setups needed if you are using your civic for drifting, drag or track racing

Another STi run

Old 02-24-2004
DOHC i-VTEC TiMEX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
aznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud of
Another STi run

are you guys actually gonna believe me this time? ... mmmm, probably not ... but oh well

I was turnin on this street with some traffic and I saw a silver STi pass ... it was on the way to my gf's house, so I decided to go after it ... about 2 miles up after him weaving in n out of traffic, I pass him and decide to slow down and turn ... hoping that he would follow ... and he does.. .

we make a U turn onto a dead street and I didn't know when he would floor it, but I floor it anyway around 4500 rpms ... immediately he jumped 1/2 a car on me, but as we went, he had a half a car on me the ENTIRE way with neither of us pulling ahead an inch ... I slowly began to pull ahead 1/2 way through 4th and he shut down when I got to the end of 4th ... so, around 110 or so ...

the STi had exhaust ... that's all I saw, and YES I'm sure it was an STi for all of those who don't believe me who thought I was racing a regular wrx last time
Old 02-24-2004
Registered!!

Blainestang has a spectacular aura aboutBlainestang has a spectacular aura aboutBlainestang has a spectacular aura about
The STi really isn't THAT special from a roll so it's fairly believable. It is probably about equal to a HIGH 13's car from a roll so if you are in that range, it's possible.

Side Note: Oh, and the STi comes with aftermarket looking exhaust from the factory so he may not have even had that. He could have, but I'm just throwing that out there... not really important either way.
Old 02-24-2004
Registered!!

Civicly02 will become famous soon enoughCivicly02 will become famous soon enough
nice race. Do you have anything else besides the turbo. Like internals done or something
Old 02-25-2004
DOHC i-VTEC TiMEX

aznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud of
Originally posted by Blainestang

Side Note: Oh, and the STi comes with aftermarket looking exhaust from the factory so he may not have even had that. He could have, but I'm just throwing that out there... not really important either way.
I don't think the STi's come with a blue burnt apexi style exhaust ;P

civicly: not yet ... maybe in a couple months ;P ...
Old 02-25-2004
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

civic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond repute
good kill man......chalk another kill up for the boosted sohc guys
Old 02-25-2004
Registered!!

Green Civic is an unknown quantity at this point
Good run. I cant wait to run my friend's dad's sti.
Old 02-26-2004
Sweetest Dude on 7th Gen

xX03EXx will become famous soon enoughxX03EXx will become famous soon enough
wow, that makes me think harder about getting the sf kit
Old 02-26-2004
Registered!!

brembo is an unknown quantity at this point
What kind power is the kit supposed to net ya at the wheels?
Old 02-27-2004
Registered!!

Merciless is an unknown quantity at this point
AZN what you run in the 1/4 is you have? You are turboed so what you running for boost and such? Sti is quick what do they run like low 13s high 12s right. Think I remember reading somewhere when they put it up against the Cobra R it ran about the same time and those run around a 12.9.
Old 02-27-2004
Registered!!

C'mon man, toss out some numbers for the 1/4 and such. I have a hard time swallowing a kill on a modded STi. Stock STis throw down 220-230, and they LOVE mods. Simple, CHEAP mods get em in the 300whp range. Whats yer car makin on the dyno?
Old 02-27-2004
Registered!!

hondaciv01 is an unknown quantity at this point
^^^agreed i'm not callin bs hear but the sti is a damn nice car, and even if it was from a roll, is still pretty good. i'm not completely sold that a civic with boost and stock internals could take that out..........i could very well be wrong so don't get the wrong idea on this one
Old 02-28-2004
DOHC i-VTEC TiMEX

all noobs: I've already been through ppl callin bs and I really don't give a ****. I haven't taken my car to the dyno as previously stated in the other STi thread that I posted a couple months ago. This was a different STi than the one that I first raced ... if you don't believe, **** off and don't post

it's all about sf power
Old 02-28-2004
Registered!!

whatever, since I'm a n00b, then I must not have knowledge of ANYTHING. I'd like to know what kinda hp/torque you think the engine is making.
Old 02-28-2004
Registered!!

Well I am just wondering what you have done to your car please list your mods it is just a matter of your power to weight if you are pushing the right kind of hp then yeah STi wouldn't be a problem. Also next time you do this or know someone that will race you on camera why don't you film it then noone will be able to call bs. Race a Cobra R and a STi that would be a great video to watch!!!
Old 02-28-2004
DOHC i-VTEC TiMEX

it's not that easy just to "go race" a Cobra R as those are very rare ... STi's aren't too rare around here, but I am usually never side by side with one or there is traffic in front of us

merciless: I don't have a camera nor would I care to carry one in my car while racing. The only reason I got my turbo was to **** with the idiot people of orange county (those who live in southern oc KNOW what I'm talking about ... all the soccer moms, mercades etc drivers on their phones) and to street race ... I don't like organized racing and I really don't like drag racing, autocrossing or any of that sort ... just street racing

brembo: I did not say that you didn't know anything, however I am not saying you know much either, nor do I really care. If you want numbers, there are countless pages in the forced induction forum that will tell you roughly how much my car puts down .. and more than a couple horses to that to my car
Old 02-28-2004
Registered!!

kafyn722 is an unknown quantity at this point
ehh derek, just cuz he is new doesnt mean he knows more or less. for all we know, Brembo knows his **** and isnt calling bluff, he wants proof...as many other members here do too.
Old 02-28-2004
Registered!!

Well lets see most people I know here in Tempe street race but when they do they take a camera to video it just thought since you have such a sweet Turbo Civic you would like to show it off to people and by having video of such a race would shut everyone up on the board...As for messing with people in OC thats cool just watch out for those AMG E55s.

The thing that gets me is a STI is running low 13s high 12s with a good driver and I can't see a 7th Gen civic with a bolt on Turbo kit dropping what 3-4 seconds of its time from it...Unless you have more boost and a built motor if so then I can believe you were running with a STi.

I am not saying you didnt but as someone else said prove me wrong by either video or listing mods and posting pics of these mods then I will stfu.
Old 02-28-2004
Registered!!

Ok nevermind on the list of mods and pics I just looked at your profile.

With those mods what boost you running 7psi? I just can't see a stock motor with a turbo kit on a civic running low 13s on street tires unless it was a K20 , B series, or H series...Here is a thought maybe one of your friends has a G Tech how about running that in your car then you could show us roughly what you are running for HP TQ and 1/4. If this doesnt work either damn man you are making it less and less believable by all the excuses you come up with.
Old 02-28-2004
Registered!!

Blainestang has a spectacular aura aboutBlainestang has a spectacular aura aboutBlainestang has a spectacular aura about
Originally posted by Merciless
Ok nevermind on the list of mods and pics I just looked at your profile.

With those mods what boost you running 7psi? I just can't see a stock motor with a turbo kit on a civic running low 13s on street tires unless it was a K20 , B series, or H series...Here is a thought maybe one of your friends has a G Tech how about running that in your car then you could show us roughly what you are running for HP TQ and 1/4. If this doesnt work either damn man you are making it less and less believable by all the excuses you come up with.
You are right, he doesn't probably run low 13's on street tires, but neither does he have to. The STi runs low 13's (the only one I've seen at the track ran a 13.3) and that is with AWD. If the STi didnt have AWD it would probably run 13.7's or so at the track because it would no longer have that ridiculous launch advantage. Based on this, the STi is, from a roll, equal to a car that runs mid-high 13's, right??? I don't think it is totally ridiculous for him to be as fast as a mid-high 13 second car FROM A ROLL. True, he could never beat an STi from a dig (FWD and bicycle tires vs. AWD = OWNAGE) but racing from a roll eliminates the STi's advantage and the Civic's disadvantage. If an STi puts down 220-230whp and the civic puts down slightly less yet weighs significantly less (probably ~500lbs) that gives the Civic the advantage in my opinion. The fact is, the STi is an infinately better overall car, but from a roll, it is totally out of its element, giving this traction-limited Civic the advantage.
Old 02-28-2004
Registered!!

You are forgeting that the STI has a huge TQ advanatge 300ft/lbs from a roll it would pull on a civic ecspecially in 4th gear I would think. I have a couple videos of a STI running a Cobra R from a 40mph roll and it isnt to bad on the STI all though the Cobra is modded and putting down 470whp. Maybe your right maybe he did run with it but I still can't see him pulling on is and I would think the STi puts more the the Ground than 220hp I would guess more in the 240-250 maybe even 260hp if he is losing 80hp through the drivetrain jesus that sucks!

Last edited by Merciless; 02-28-2004 at 09:36 PM.
Old 02-29-2004
DOHC i-VTEC TiMEX

hm, well I KNOW I would lose to an STi from a complete stop ... but I would still race one for kicks. I smoked a stock wrx tonight but that's besides the point ...

here's my list of mods and reasons for why I did what I did:

~revo ss - shift quicker
~razo type 340r shift ****: weighs 340 grams, very heavy, can easily just throw the **** into gear
~ground wire kit: supposedly good for spark plugs and other electrical etc
~denso ik22's: because my old ik20's misfired and platinums melt
~2.5" midpipe (not to be confused with downpipe): NO CAT, straight through and is bigger than stock by .25" ... tons of power gains from that
~SSR Competition 16x7 wheels: they weigh 11.5 pounds each. The weight of my car doesn't mean much to me unless it has to do with the WHEELS ... less weight with the wheels = less rotational mass, and a tiny bit of weight can contribute to lots of torque loss at high speeds ... maybe not much, but when you're neck to neck with someone, every little bit counts
~Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3 Tires: supposedly insanely good wet traction ... very good dry traction as well ... I just wanted an all-around well balanced bitchin tire ... which is what I got
~Rays Engineering (Volk) Lugs: because they weigh .8 oz ... same idea with the SSR's
~SF Turbo: obvious reasons ... yes, boosting at 7 psi ... sometimes it goes over 7 ... sometimes to 9 ... which is why I leave it at 7. Only goes over 7 in 1st gear though, which is usually where I begin my rolling start races

I currently don't have my subs in either ... that whole box weighs 80 pounds ... also took my spare tire out and have a CF hood ... weight reduction.

A typical EX probably with exhaust puts out 183 whp, 189 torque at 8 psi ... that is what it was dyno'ed at on the SF Turbo ... not sure if it was with the equal length header, but I'm sure even with, the number isn't too much different ...

Take my car at 8 psi ... put some densos, I may get 1 or 2 hp along with the ground wire kit ... say 2 hp with both ... 185 whp, 190 torque. Now take a bigger midpipe and remove the cat ... I would only assume that would give 15-20 whp ... on an n/a car is gives 10 whp no problem, plus bigger midpipe. So assumedly, my car probably puts out close to 200-205 whp at 8 psi ... I honestly don't know if the dyno'ed ex had an exhaust ... if it didn't, maybe another 5-10 whp ... because a 1.75" exhaust on a turbo car = nono. As a rough estimate on 8 psi, my car probably puts out 200-225 whp ... 200 being the "underestimate" and 225 being "overestimate" ... and if you will note, our cars weigh 2600 pounds for an EX and an STi weighs 3300 pounds ... 700 pounds difference

Well, if u guys have any inputs or corrections, post it ... because I would be curious. Maybe I'm totally wrong

Last edited by aznboysrfr; 02-29-2004 at 03:39 PM.
Old 02-29-2004

gotti will become famous soon enoughgotti will become famous soon enough
^ seems legit.
Old 02-29-2004
Registered!!

Well those numbers are correct then that sounds like you could have done it.

I would still like to see a vid of you in action though
Old 02-29-2004
DOHC i-VTEC TiMEX

hehe, well I'll be at the So Cal meets ... in March and April ... so if someone brings a vid camera then they can tape some interesting footage ... by then, my car should have some more major goodies that will be of interest ... ;P
Old 03-01-2004
Registered!!

NottaCivic is an unknown quantity at this point
I've got a camera, i'm willing to videotape from inside ur car, another car, my car while following, i don't care. I wanna see your car in action, i'll go to any lengths to get it!! I'm sure i'll be at a few of those meets Derek!!
Old 03-01-2004
Registered!!

audioefx3 is an unknown quantity at this point
aznboysrfr-im going to the meets and just got a dvd camera. We could film at the meet or meet up I live in Ranch Santa Margaritta which is right by you. My friend also has a wrx which he just recently barley beat a sti by like 1 car lenght and he was running 16 psi(could run if you want). Pm or post if you are interested
Old 03-01-2004
DOHC i-VTEC TiMEX

hey, yeah if you wanna run sometime, msg me on aim ... aznboysrfr ... I wouldn't mind fvcking around haha ...

well, I wouldn't say that I beat an STi ... especially from a launch ... but from a roll, my car runs evenly with them ... my clutch slips at 9 psi though ... or it slips after about 3 runs at 7 psi ... so just be aware of that
Old 03-01-2004
Registered!!

kafyn722 is an unknown quantity at this point
haha, would you be willing to run against a boosted 2000 SI?? u know i aint too far from you...your car is alot more hooked up then his...
Old 03-01-2004
DOHC i-VTEC TiMEX

311 whp at 14 psi? ... um, that's a negative ...