Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

iPhone holder for my civic

Old 07-08-2007
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
clrumivier4life is an unknown quantity at this point
iPhone holder for my civic

After waiting in line for 26 hours to get my iphone, I decided that it needed a holder in my car. This is what I came up with. The phone stays in the cover art mode so it's real easy to flip through and pick a song.

The mold for the phone was made using fiberglass by using the plastic mold that the phone came in. I carved the rest of it out of 10lb foam and covered it with bondo. This was my first time working with fiberglass/bondo/foam. Didn't turn out too bad.

Last edited by clrumivier4life; 07-08-2007 at 06:44 PM. Reason: added another pic
Old 07-08-2007
Registered!!

cinaibur is just really nicecinaibur is just really nicecinaibur is just really nicecinaibur is just really nicecinaibur is just really nice
Re: iPhone holder for my civic

looks good... not sure if i would have done it the say way... then again, im sure if i did it, it would probably look like crap
Old 07-08-2007
The World Is Yours!

burke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond repute

iPhone... i dunno if i could spend THAT much for a phone..
Old 07-08-2007
I Hunt Goats, Rams, And Mustangs.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of light

hey i made my own iphone!

Why waist money on a phone when you can have a fast car?
Old 07-09-2007
(SnOwBoArDeR | FoReVeR)

Civic_Racer9 has a spectacular aura aboutCivic_Racer9 has a spectacular aura aboutCivic_Racer9 has a spectacular aura about

^^^^ that **** is funny
Old 07-09-2007
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

^^^^^^^^ Hahahah +1
Old 07-09-2007
Registered!!

kelton is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by TransformedBG
hey i made my own iphone!

Why waist money on a phone when you can have a fast car?
Um I dont think $600 is gonna make your civic fast.
Old 07-09-2007
My Pony Princess is the inspiration for my ride.

speedfoos is an unknown quantity at this point

Funny **** BG!! Apple FTL.

www.anythingbutipod.com
Old 07-09-2007
Registered!!

gbs-one is on a distinguished road

lol at the pic
Old 07-09-2007
There is gl@ss in my @SS...
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

drew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond repute

i love my iphone too, gotta be the best thing out right now, i love how all the haters come out and try to bash this phone, not one phone company can even compare to this.
Old 07-09-2007
Registered!!

Devani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond repute

and your ebrake is not in the way of iphone?
Old 07-09-2007

TransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by kelton
Apparently you dont know i already run 12's... but okay.
Old 07-09-2007
Registered!!

bullet02ex will become famous soon enoughbullet02ex will become famous soon enough

nice work. i like the phone too!
Old 07-09-2007
Official Rattlesnake Hunter

02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of

the phone is $600?
Old 07-09-2007

Originally Posted by 02BLKCIVIC
the phone is $600?
Yeah its just a over glorified ipod, with a phone built into it. big woopty doo. Someone just has to have the "Bling" and be mr popular.

If you want something cool that now one else has then go to japan and buy it there and bring it back... it will makes it way over in about 2 years.
Old 07-09-2007
This is Myspace

DsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to behold

i dont see whats wrong with having an iphone. if u have the money then hell yea get it. if u dont have the money then dont get it, theres other cool phones for cheaper. **** if i had 600 to dump on a phone id get the iphone. its nice and clean and pretty and...pimp.
Old 07-09-2007
Registered!!

Mr_Plenty is a jewel in the roughMr_Plenty is a jewel in the roughMr_Plenty is a jewel in the rough

u got into the twelves and didnt post about it?
Old 07-09-2007
TEIN MAN

RAZRBLD has a spectacular aura aboutRAZRBLD has a spectacular aura aboutRAZRBLD has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by kelton

Thats enough for K-series Mounts.
Old 07-09-2007
Registered!!

gsniper666 has a spectacular aura aboutgsniper666 has a spectacular aura aboutgsniper666 has a spectacular aura about

ill stick with my mp3 player on my phone and my psp... i can't think of spending another 600 dollars when i got my stuff for about 300... my sony ericson holds upwards of 250 songs... no complaints there... and i have fm radio
Old 07-09-2007
DeX
Canadian, Eh!

DeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to all

What the hell is an iPhone? Maybe we don't have it in Canada, I've never heard of it before. I just paid $650 for my Blackberry and now I got to get a new one when I move to the USA but the idea of an iPhone is interesting.
Old 07-09-2007

Originally Posted by Mr_Plenty
u got into the twelves and didnt post about it?
Yeah cause i lost the time slip when i moved... but i only got in by a fraction of a second
Old 07-09-2007
ThE CoRRupToR

dru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nice

I wouldnt mind gettin one eventually its too new and expensive right now. Im just gonna wait till they fix all the bugs in it....but then again it is an Apple so I dunno lol.........
Old 07-09-2007
Feel safe at night, sleep with a paramedic.

AmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond repute

Nice holder, that's pretty cool. It looks good.

When did this turn into a discussion on the iPhone?? Personally, i think it looks cool, but the whole iPhone release kinda reminded me of the PS3 debacle(sp?). Whatever, it's your money. I personally won't buy a phone that hasn't been out for six months, a PC OS that doesn't have at least one SP out, the first year of a new gen of a car model, or, really, anything made by apple. I just like others to find the bugs in new stuff before I spend my $ on it. I'm happy with my Treo 700 that cost me $200 new, after rebates.
Old 07-10-2007
Registered!!

clrumivier4life is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you to those of you that actually commented on the holder. No, the ebrake does not get in the way, there is stilly plenty of clearance. I might end up shaving quite a bit off the bottom to make it shorter eventually.

As for everyone else, here is the reason that I got an iphone (not that I really should have to explain myself.) I did not have an mp3 player. I had a 2 year old razr that was about to go out. So along with getting an mp3 player and a phone, it has a full internet browser, widescreen video player (as well as a standalone youtube browser), and a 2mp camera (i didn't have a digital cam either, so its better than nothing). And hey, it's all in one neat little package. If you haven't played with it yet, you'll probably change your mind about it when you do.
Old 07-10-2007
Registered!!

TemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to all

after getting screwed on the first gen nano. I'm going to wait for the second gen iphone. It'll probably be better and cheaper. 2nd generation of apply products are always way better then the first.
Old 07-10-2007
My Pony Princess is the inspiration for my ride.

speedfoos is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry man, Apple leaves a bad taste in my mouth with their proprietary software and DRM stuff. Looks like you did a really nice job on the holder though. I've thinking about doing something similar for my Zen. Good idea using the shipping carton as a mold for it.
Old 07-10-2007

Linux Ftw!
Old 07-12-2007
Registered!!

5spoke is an unknown quantity at this point

I think it looks pretty good. Nice work
Old 07-12-2007
Registered!!

5spoke is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by TemjinX2
after getting screwed on the first gen nano. I'm going to wait for the second gen iphone. It'll probably be better and cheaper. 2nd generation of apply products are always way better then the first.
Im a big apple fan myself Im actually using a macbook as I type, and I agree that the first gen stuff from apple normally has issues. But apple never really reduces prices. They stay pretty standard unless you go used or refurbished.
Old 07-12-2007
I brake for hairy Hawaiian midgets

manahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond repute

nice mod! looks great, especially for your first time working with those materials!!!