Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

so when do springs sag

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2007
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
kcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to all
so when do springs sag

hey im on s techs with stock shocks and i was hoping for the rears to sag a bit because the 2 finger gap sucks. They were professionally installed Early September. Should I drive around with a big rock in the trunk or 10 gallons or water or so?
Old 11-05-2007
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
rice4lyfe will become famous soon enough
Re: so when do springs sag

get subs.. lol
Old 11-05-2007
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jrock will become famous soon enoughjrock will become famous soon enough

put 2 fatties in the back and call it a day!
Old 11-05-2007
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
rice4lyfe will become famous soon enough

i have a feeling this thread is gunna be creative, but with no progression
Old 11-05-2007
Registered!!

kcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to all

Will subs cause my shocks to wear down more??
I dont want to deal with my shocks wearing down because I'm unsure if I want to spend 1000 bucks on stiff coil overs that will result in possible contentment of ride height or 500 bucks on shocks and still be unhappy about my height. Money is an issue, but I just hope the springs sag half an inch or so - no more or else my rear lip will scrape.
Old 11-05-2007
Registered!!

and sorry but ever since i installed the springs, no one has taken a ride in the back seat. I really have no friends who would like to squeeze in through the passenger side door, the sliding is really annoying.
Old 11-05-2007
Registered!!

you will blow your stock shocks very quickly...get some tokico hp blues ftw
Old 11-05-2007
Registered!!

I think ultimately my problem is that, I'm content with the ride height in the front, but not in the rear, even though they are both slight 2 finger gaps, the rear just "looks" higher.
Old 11-05-2007
Registered!!

i heard tokico blues and S techs resulted in a bouncy ride, i also heard blues raises the car up a little bit. Ultimately I'm looking for 2 fingers in the front, 1 fingers in the rear.
Old 11-05-2007
Registered!!

Old 11-05-2007
pao
Registered!!

pao has a spectacular aura aboutpao has a spectacular aura about

Stop fingering your car and maybe the springs will have time to settle.
Old 11-05-2007
Registered!!

some say springs settle without any time... its been 2 months...
still looks the same compared to when i brought it home from the shop.

and i cant stop fingering it... i have serious mental issues
Old 11-05-2007
Registered!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stop fingering your car and maybe the springs will have time to settle.

hahahahahaha
Old 11-05-2007
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

dont worry once the stock shocks start to go, they will sag alot.
Old 11-05-2007
Registered!!

MisterFrankieJ will become famous soon enoughMisterFrankieJ will become famous soon enough

LOL I never would've thought I'd see a thread where someone wanted their car to sag.

My suggestion is go off-roading haha
Old 11-05-2007
Registered!!

alex.w *// will become famous soon enough

your car is low enough haha, any lower, you'll scrape the front lip
Old 11-05-2007
BLDNPSI Mod

tfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond repute

give it ummm............

3-5 years and they'll sag some
Old 11-05-2007
Registered!!

alex.w *// will become famous soon enough

THIS IS NOT MY CAR BUT, im thinking you want the gap to look like that?

Last edited by alex.w *//; 11-05-2007 at 11:01 PM.
Old 11-06-2007
Registered!!

im content with the front but not the rear... that car is waaay too low.
I just wanna go like half an inch lower. Scraping and not scraping can be determined by half an inch!! What I'm asking is, when can i expect my springs to sag like a lot of people always say theirs does, and can I drive around with a big rock to help it look like my car is a little bit lower- but not low enough to where I'll scrape/bottom out/ mess up my shocks lower.
Sorry I'm difficult and with mental issues.

and no fair! that picture you posted is taken from the side, making the gap look a lot less. I can do that too!!

Last edited by kcari; 11-06-2007 at 12:45 AM.
Old 11-06-2007
BLDNPSI Mod

tfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kcari
I just wanna go like half an inch lower. Scraping and not scraping can be determined by half an inch!! What I'm asking is, when can i expect my springs to sag like a lot of people always say theirs does,
welcome to the internet..... lots of arm chair know it alls say a lot but dont know zip. Like i said wait 3-5 years for a noticeable drop
Old 11-06-2007
Falken Master

cwo715 is just really nicecwo715 is just really nicecwo715 is just really nicecwo715 is just really nice

and sorry but ever since i installed the springs, no one has taken a ride in the back seat. I really have no friends who would like to squeeze in through the passenger side door, the sliding is really annoying.

sorry only read the part where you said you have no friends.

TOKICO FTW
Old 11-06-2007
I like my commute

Kevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of light

^yup blues FTW

You should have replaced the shocks along with the springs.. esp. since you had them "professionally installed"
Old 11-06-2007
Registered!!

the guy at the "professional" shop has the same setup with blues on s techs but his rear seemed a lot lower than mine. He told do not get blues with S techs because its a "bumpy ***" ride. I was also told that blues raises the car up?
Old 11-06-2007
Registered!!

HighBoost is an unknown quantity at this point

blue raised the car up when u have the stock spring.
blue is the softest shock u can get in the market.
ur rear looks alright, if u have one or two ppl sittin in ur car .. it will sag a half inch at less...
but if half inch lower now + two ppl on the back = scraping
Old 11-06-2007
I like my commute

Kevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of light

the guy at the "professional" shop has the same setup with blues on s techs but his rear seemed a lot lower than mine. He told do not get blues with S techs because its a "bumpy ***" ride. I was also told that blues raises the car up?
Blues made my ride wayyy less bumpy man.. it makes the car much more stable and makes driving a lowered vehicle feel more stock... and everyone I know has been happy with them

and no they don't raise the ride height.. ride height is determined by springs.
Old 11-06-2007
Registered!!

azn_knight4874 is an unknown quantity at this point

i've got RS*R springs and Tokico Blues, it took my car roughly about 6 months to get to a point where it had a 1 finger gap. But I'm sure as time goes by it will get a little lower.

BTW the way, I also go grocery shopping and to costco alot, so I'm sure all that trunk weight made it settle faster as well.
Old 11-06-2007
Registered!!

Hey Kevbotron, do you have S techs?
if so how much gap do u haev left after the installation of the blues?

thanks again for your replies guys, I never realized about having people sit in the back/scraping issues. Combined with my ghetto city streets/speed bumps/dips. Sometimes I guess I just look at the cosmetics and ignore the daily driving ability of the car - I mean I'll admit it sucks to go really slowly over dips and business centers are a bitch to leave, especially if they are small and i can't angle it that well...
So should I just give it more time, carry more things in the trunk to help it settle, or is it just a natural occuring process due to time?
I was considering coil overs but everyone says the ride is super stiff and not to mention super expensive.

Last edited by kcari; 11-06-2007 at 12:34 PM.
Old 11-06-2007
I like my commute

naw I have Eibach Prokit springs.. 1.3" drop.. it's about a 2 finger gap front and rear.
Old 11-06-2007
Registered!!

Devani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond repute

I have stock springs as well on tokico blues...mines are 2 finger gap on front and back...
Old 11-06-2007
I like my commute

^wow really?? I used to be able to fist my fender w/ stock springs..

Quick Reply: so when do springs sag