Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

Steering Wheel Moving Side To Side??

Old 08-03-2007
Dear Mr. Toilet, I'm The S.H.I.T.
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
IrockCivics is a name known to allIrockCivics is a name known to allIrockCivics is a name known to allIrockCivics is a name known to allIrockCivics is a name known to allIrockCivics is a name known to allIrockCivics is a name known to all
Steering Wheel Moving Side To Side??

A few minutes ago I was taking my mother to work and when I got on the highway I have to go to the left lane so I wont take a wrong exit so when I was going to switch lane there was a 18 wheeler there so he did'nt want to let me past so when I was watching the truck I hit this big *** pot hole I mean hard *** hell after that my steering wheel move from side to side real fast like it shakes alot when I past 40mph, why is that?
Old 08-03-2007
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
greeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to behold
Re: Steering Wheel Moving Side To Side??

ur allignment is most likely off, maybe even bent a rim, and threw it out of balance, get balance checked first, especially to have them check for a bad tire, then if that doesnt work get allignment checked, because if u hit this pothole that hard, itll be out anyway, ways back i hit a curb, and it threw out my allignment in like half a second of curbage
Old 08-03-2007
Autocross Junky
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Zzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond repute

Yup, My Money's on a bent rim or a damaged tire (hope for the damaged tire). Though the alignment is more then likely gorked at this point too. But then alignments will make a car pull in a direction, rather then make the steering wheel shake.
Old 08-07-2007
TURTLEonK

Nameless is a jewel in the roughNameless is a jewel in the roughNameless is a jewel in the roughNameless is a jewel in the rough

What tire size are you running and brand of rim? If it was a big enough pothole and you went fast enough, its more than likely a bent rim.
Old 08-07-2007
DeX
Canadian, Eh!

DeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to all

You definitely need an alignment at the least. No matter what else is wrong, take it to a shop and give them $50 for the job. Then try again, if you still have problems then you may need a balance as well.
Old 10-10-2011
Registered!!

DarenL is an unknown quantity at this point
Steering wheel shakes around 40mph

I have a 01'civic EX lowered on eibach pro kit springs with koni SRT struts,with brand new Yokohama Avid Envigors. I have replaced everything in the front end with brand new stuff.I have noticed that the wheel shakes around 40mph. Steering wheels pulsates and moves side to side.I just went to the shop where i got the tires,just had them rebalanced and rotated and just had the alignment. I just got installed also my new steering rack and the feeling is still there! Does anyone have any suggestions on what it is?
Old 10-10-2011
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

^it could be many things.

1. do u have aftermarket rims?
2. i would rebalance ur tires
3. ur rotors could be warped
Old 10-10-2011
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud of

Check the wheel bearings.
Old 11-29-2011
Registered!!

plumbingsupplie is an unknown quantity at this point

I love your website, it supplies me countless concepts . The customer service has been impressive . Thanks a ton .