Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

replacing ball joints in the front

Old 12-05-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
tastyratz is an unknown quantity at this point
replacing ball joints in the front

2001 civic lx 8x,xxx miles
front ball joints both have ripped boots and theres no grease leaking out so its probabbly all dried up in there. Wanted to just replace both front ball joints but the dealer said you can only buy them as part of the knuckle assembly and it will be 114$ each side. is this true? can you not buy the ball joints seperately some place cheaper and press them in? I dont wanna pay 200$ for them just to find i could ordered replacements for 20$ each and pressed in new ones. Majestic honda shows them as 16$ ea. but the picture showing the exploded view also points to them as part of the unit itself.

hondaautomotiveparts.com/auto/jsp/mws/prddisplay.jsp?inputstate=5&catcgry1=Civic&catcgry 2=2001&catcgry3=4DR+LX&catcgry4=KL5MT&catcgry5=KNU CKLE

anyone change these out yet? any insight? (no pun intended)
Old 12-05-2005
Retired suspension supermod.
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

robbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to behold
Unfortunately, you have to get the whole thing. My friend had to get a new one and just went to the junkyard.
Old 12-06-2005
BLDNPSI Mod
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

tfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond repute
Currently they still are knuckle only to the best of my knowledge

Originally Posted by tastyratz
2001 civic lx 8x,xxx miles
front ball joints both have ripped boots and theres no grease leaking out so its probabbly all dried up in there. Wanted to just replace both front ball joints but the dealer said you can only buy them as part of the knuckle assembly and it will be 114$ each side. is this true? can you not buy the ball joints seperately some place cheaper and press them in? I dont wanna pay 200$ for them just to find i could ordered replacements for 20$ each and pressed in new ones. Majestic honda shows them as 16$ ea. but the picture showing the exploded view also points to them as part of the unit itself.

hondaautomotiveparts.com/auto/jsp/mws/prddisplay.jsp?inputstate=5&catcgry1=Civic&catcgry 2=2001&catcgry3=4DR+LX&catcgry4=KL5MT&catcgry5=KNU CKLE

anyone change these out yet? any insight? (no pun intended)
Old 12-14-2005
Registered!!

thats what I was afraid of. They arent making any noise yet and thats alot of cash to drop so I think for now ill try ordering just the boots, clean the joint well and regrease then hope it atleast lasts awhile
Old 12-14-2005
my vtec brings all the girls to the yard

mrDFWmechanic will become famous soon enough
if your gonna replace them do it right the first time
Old 12-15-2005
Registered!!

agreed, but 400$ wont fall from the sky with this, and 25$ + very little work to get an extra couple years outta this pair is worth it to me.
Old 05-30-2008
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
reddawnman is a name known to allreddawnman is a name known to allreddawnman is a name known to allreddawnman is a name known to allreddawnman is a name known to allreddawnman is a name known to allreddawnman is a name known to allreddawnman is a name known to all
Re: replacing ball joints in the front

Holy Resurrected thread, batman! Moog makes aftermarket ball joints you can buy for $54 each. They even have grease fittings so that you can re-lube them - W00t! I believe the part # is K90332

(Sorry, was looking at green's ball joint DIY and started searching for aftermarket parts.)
Old 03-26-2012
Registered!!

Dimegirl is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by reddawnman
Holy Resurrected thread, batman! Moog makes aftermarket ball joints you can buy for $54 each. They even have grease fittings so that you can re-lube them - W00t! I believe the part # is K90332

(Sorry, was looking at green's ball joint DIY and started searching for aftermarket parts.)
I think that is only for the front lower ball joint not the upper ball joints.
Old 03-26-2012
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Dimegirl
I think that is only for the front lower ball joint not the upper ball joints.
Not only is there not an upper ball joint on a 2001 Civic, but this thread is from 2008.
Old 03-26-2012
Whachya lookin at?

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
BlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond repute

^ This thread is very old. A lot of new replacement parts have been made since this thread has come out. However 2001 honda civics don't have upper ball joints only lowers.
Old 09-11-2012
Registered!!

nsrhonda89 has a spectacular aura aboutnsrhonda89 has a spectacular aura about

I picked up Sankei 555 made in japan from www.autohausaz.com for $22 each