Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Leaning rear divers side tire help!

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sk8r4lfe92 is an unknown quantity at this point
Leaning rear divers side tire help!

I have a 1995 Honda Civic and the back drivers side tire is leaning so the top of the tire is in towards the car and the bottom is leaning out away from the car. Which is causing the inside tread to wear down really fast. When I got it it had been in a small accident as you can see in some of the pictures where the wheel well is dented up. I am really broke right now so I can't pay to have this fixed, But before I find a job I have to get this fixed because it is eating through tires like crazy. So all I want to know is if there is any way I could fix this either free (by adjusting it) or really cheap. Even if it is just a temp fix or some kind of redneck trick. Thanks in advance everyone.

P.S. If you have any questions feel free to ask.

Old 07-02-2011
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,144 Likes on 799 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Leaning rear divers side tire help!

Usually, negative camber (top leaning in) is from someone lowering their car. In your case, the accident probably bent something. Also, you have some noticeable negative camber, even when the car is jacked up. When I jack up my car, the wheel's camber tends to go positive (top leaning out, bottom in). To me, that makes it seem like something is hella bent back there.

I think you may be able to fix it cheap with a rear camber kit, but I kinda wanna see if anything is more noticeably bent behind the hub assembly. Could you take pictures of the components behind the brake assembly? Preferably zoomed out a bit.
Old 07-02-2011
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
johndeerebones is a jewel in the roughjohndeerebones is a jewel in the roughjohndeerebones is a jewel in the rough

FIRST put something under that thing the next time it goes in the air. A jack is not a stand. Take a picture the back of the car looking up under it. Usually with bad alignment problems there is usually something bent or bad worn out. Your control arm bushing is shot, but I don't think that could effect it nearly that much...
Old 07-02-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

It could just be in serious need of an allignment.
Old 07-02-2011
Registered!!

Are these Good or Would you like a different angle or something? If anyone wants to, If you really think you could help...P.M. Me and ask for my cell number and I will give you it and you can call or text me to get better info over the phone.

Old 07-02-2011
Whachya lookin at?

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
BlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond repute

Take a picture of the upper part of the suspension, close to the strut/spring assembly... I think your answer will be there.
Old 07-02-2011
Administrator
Administrator

xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

Yea, if you could snap a pic of the upper arm that's between the brake line and strut, like Tom (tbohar) said.
Old 07-02-2011
Registered!!

While we are at it you should tell me why my car burns 4 qt's of oil every time I fill my gas tank. it lets out a white/gray smoke every time I take off from the exhaust which is filled with black **** from that

Old 07-02-2011
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by sk8r4lfe92
See those 2 bolts holding the upper arm to the body? Take those out and put washers behind them(and the arm) until the top of the tire comes out far enough. If you put too many you may have to get longer bolts.

Burning oil and white smoke is a classic symptom of a bad headgasket.

Last edited by lazlong; 07-02-2011 at 10:56 PM.
Old 07-03-2011
Administrator
Administrator

is that upper arm supposed to have that little bend in it? If not, that could be the culprit. Bent upper arm pulling the top of the wheel inward. Looking at both the 2nd and 3rd to last pictures, the thing just looks bent.. Unless it's supposed to be like that

and yea, x2 on the head gasket.

edit: searching for that part online (I'm assuming you have a 95 civic si due to the rear disc brakes, yes?), looking up part number 52400-SR0-A00, rear upper arm, and looking at pictures online, I don't think it's supposed to be bent like the way it is.
Found this image online while searching that part number, and that rear upper arm is straight all the way through.

A new Honda OEM piece is $60 shipped, assuming you're in the US, at South Bay Honda <----Clicky

Last edited by xRiCeBoYx; 07-03-2011 at 02:20 AM.
Old 07-03-2011
Whachya lookin at?

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
BlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond repute

It's really hard to tell in the picture if it's actually bent or not... To me anyway.
Old 07-03-2011
Administrator
Administrator

I'm just speculating.

this little bend right here

looked out of the ordinary, thus raising my suspicion. Then, when I looked up the part number to see actual photos, found the one I posted earlier.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.jpg
Views:	7893
Size:	62.0 KB
ID:	81182  
Old 07-03-2011
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud of

Looking at pic online it does look to be bent but, the washer trick will still work.
Old 07-03-2011
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

well, first things first. 95 is a 5th gen, you posted on 7th, which have several changes in suspension, so most of members that come in here have no idea what your suspension is like.
Old 07-03-2011
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

now back to business.
Both picture from you and xRiceboi seem to have the same bend, but yours have slightly more?
follow another shot - do not have many, since i do not own a 5/6th gen, as informed the why before
Name:  IMG_1009.jpg
Views: 3656
Size:  99.2 KB
Follow lazlong for the temporary fix and follow mindbomber for additional temp fix.