Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

fuel filter location on a 2005 Civic

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2010
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
semvhu is an unknown quantity at this point
fuel filter location on a 2005 Civic

I have been trying to find out where the fuel filter is located on my 2005 Honda Civic LX. I have Googled and searched various forums, including these, and everyone is adamant that it is located under the hood in front of the firewall on the passenger side. For the life of me, I cannot spot the thing when looking under my hood. Can someone please verify the precise location? Thanks!
Old 07-21-2010
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,144 Likes on 799 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute
Re: fuel filter location on a 2005 Civic

https://www.civicforums.com/forums/1...placement.html

It's part of the fuel pump assembly located in the fuel tank itself, accessible from underneath the rear seat bottom cushion.
Old 07-21-2010
Registered!!

Thank you very much! No matter how much I searched or where I looked, I could not find that information anywhere.

Kinda sucks that it's in the fuel tank, but the directions don't sound too terribly bad.
Old 07-24-2010
Registered!!

Okay, I've gotten the assembly out of the tank; not fun but by far not the hardest thing to do. The filter on the assembly is just a sock filter, which is pretty much what I expected. However, according to some sites, such as this one, there is another type of fuel filter for the 2005 Civic. Is that correct? Is there another filter somewhere on the car besides the sock filter in the tank?

TIA for your responses!

Semvhu
Old 07-24-2010
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

incorrect. the fuel strainer is the only filter piece on the car. there is no other external filter. those canister filters were only used up to 2000 civic i believe.
Old 05-29-2012
Registered!!

BlueMamba24 is an unknown quantity at this point

I've been having lags with my car for a long time and tried changing plugs, tranny oil change but one thing havnt tried is the fuel strainer or filter change. I dont know which part to buy for my CIVIC 05 ex. Here is the link of site that im having hard time thinking which part I supposed to purchase. http://www.canadianhondaparts.com/Pa...cal&illid=5624
Old 05-29-2012
Registered!!

BlueMamba24 is an unknown quantity at this point

help anyone???
Old 05-31-2012
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
lorolia is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BlueMamba24
help anyone???
the part you´re looking for is not there.

I don´t know why that f*cking drawing does not show the pump assembly in pieces.

anyway here´s the right diagram:

the parts you need are in red

please look at the diy for this.

here´s the part number for the fuel filter:16010 S5A 932

I bought mine from the dealer and cost me around $ 40 OEM genuine honda fuel filter.

there are some after market filters made by beck/arnley

look in rockauto.com ...those are cheapers (around $29)

The fuel filter should be changed every 4 years (that´s what my owner´s civic manual for this region of the world says)

Even though I change it every 2 years because the manuals lie all the time.
Old 03-19-2013
Registered!!

danwat12345 has a spectacular aura aboutdanwat12345 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by gearbox
incorrect. the fuel strainer is the only filter piece on the car. there is no other external filter. those canister filters were only used up to 2000 civic i believe.
Isn't there an upper cardboard filter on all 2001+ Civics as well, in the gas tank?
With year 2000 (6th gen) and older, that main filter was on the firewall but now is in the tank, as well as the pump filter sock.