Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Green Light Picture Of A Key Blinking Nonstop

Old 09-16-2008
Dear Mr. Toilet, I'm The S.H.I.T.
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
IrockCivics is a name known to allIrockCivics is a name known to allIrockCivics is a name known to allIrockCivics is a name known to allIrockCivics is a name known to allIrockCivics is a name known to allIrockCivics is a name known to all
Green Light Picture Of A Key Blinking Nonstop

I have a problem for like for 2days in my dash like next to the gauges a green light shape like a keys been blinking non stop... Before it used to blink like as soon as I turn on my car like for 3seconds but now It just stays blinking the whold time my cars is on and it does not go away, what could it be?
Old 09-17-2008
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Green Light Picture Of A Key Blinking Nonstop

its the immobilizer security saying theres a problem with your key.
Old 09-17-2008

IrockCivics is a name known to allIrockCivics is a name known to allIrockCivics is a name known to allIrockCivics is a name known to allIrockCivics is a name known to allIrockCivics is a name known to allIrockCivics is a name known to all

is that bad?
Old 09-17-2008
DeX
Canadian, Eh!

DeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to all

No. You don't need the key anyway.

Of course it's bad, are you serious? Did you have an aftermarket alarm installed with immobilizer bypass? My Compustar confuses my car sometimes and makes the key blink but not very often. Otherwise try a different key and see if maybe it's just the chip.
Old 09-17-2008
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

does the car start? im guessing no. if it does, the immobilizer is effed
Old 09-17-2008
Official Rattlesnake Hunter

02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by IrockCivics
but now It just stays blinking the whold time my cars is on and it does not go away, what could it be?
sounds like it starts and drives
Old 09-17-2008
Premium Member

well, the car can be on without the engine running
Old 09-18-2008

Yes the car is on when is blinking and when I'm still driving the light is still blinking. But it havent done it today.
Old 07-26-2009
Registered!!

bobsagator is a glorious beacon of lightbobsagator is a glorious beacon of lightbobsagator is a glorious beacon of lightbobsagator is a glorious beacon of lightbobsagator is a glorious beacon of light

Did you get this resolved? I have noticed the past couple of weeks that my immobilizer light blinks while driving. I'll just turn off and pop the clutch and it goes away. Then a couple days later same thing. I have a dying battery, any correlation?
Old 07-26-2009
Premium Member

ive had the light come on when the battery cable was loose.
Old 07-26-2009
Registered!!

hypnotic20 is an unknown quantity at this point

I say either it's all the problem mentioned above, or maybe you submerged your key in water enough times, or let it sit next to a magnet or something.
Old 08-07-2009
Registered!!

bobsagator is a glorious beacon of lightbobsagator is a glorious beacon of lightbobsagator is a glorious beacon of lightbobsagator is a glorious beacon of lightbobsagator is a glorious beacon of light

Finally replaced the battery a week ago and it hasn't happened since. So it may have been a loose battery cable.
Old 01-17-2011
Registered!!

nuxil is an unknown quantity at this point

sounds interesting, I just had that issue today when I start my car with the key.
When I start it with compustar and then put the key in ignition, only then it's just fine...
(Yea i know it's a old topic, but didn't want to create a new one)
what can be the problem, compustar or battery lol
Old 01-19-2011
Registered!!

Hasn't happened again since changing the battery back in 2009. I'm gonna say it has to do with the battery or battery cables.