Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Replacement Key Immobilizer Programming

Old 01-24-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mudd is an unknown quantity at this point
Replacement Key Immobilizer Programming

OK, I just spent the better part of 2 hours wading through threads regarding this with no actual answer.

Does anyone have the instructions on how to program a new key with the immobilizer chip? I picked up a key on Ebay, now I need to program it, and I need to know how. I can't find actual instructions anywhere on how to do it myself. I refuse to believe the dealer HAS to do this, every other car I've ever owned has had some kind of actual instructions where I could program it myself.

If anyone has these, and could post them for me as well as future reference, that'd be great.
Old 01-24-2006
Registered!!

DDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of light
You cant program it yourself, you have to pay someone to program it for you, someone from the dealer or some other place if someone has an idea where.
Old 01-24-2006
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
tacheon is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Mudd
OK, I just spent the better part of 2 hours wading through threads regarding this with no actual answer.

Does anyone have the instructions on how to program a new key with the immobilizer chip? I picked up a key on Ebay, now I need to program it, and I need to know how. I can't find actual instructions anywhere on how to do it myself. I refuse to believe the dealer HAS to do this, every other car I've ever owned has had some kind of actual instructions where I could program it myself.

If anyone has these, and could post them for me as well as future reference, that'd be great.
You don't *have to* go to a dealer. There are 2 ways to get a transponder key to work on a Honda. You can program the immobilizer to accept the new key OR you can clone the new key to the same code as an existing key. But you MUST at the very least have a handheld immobilizer key programmer. That means a well equipped locksmith will be able to cut and program a key OR a dealer. You can't do it yourself unless you're willing to buy a handheld key programmer such as an Ilco handheld computer. You don't want to clone a key if a key is lost or stolen because the lost key can be used to start the car in the future. You want to use the handheld computer to delete the lost key and add the new key transponder code.

This is what you need to add a key to a Honda immobilizer.
http://www.kaba-ilco.com/key_systems...chines/sdd.asp
Old 01-25-2006
Banned

spoonJDMlX is an unknown quantity at this point
honda dealer my friend.
Old 01-25-2006
Registered!!

Mudd is an unknown quantity at this point
A straight answer - perfect. Thank you. This should be one for the archives, the search brought up very ambigous answers to this.
Old 03-29-2011
Registered!!

snooker147 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Replacement Key Immobilizer Programming

go buy a Sbb key Programmer at ebay
Old 03-29-2011
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,437 Likes on 1,193 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

five year old thread - fail

see below in my sig guide for non-flaming #1
Old 05-24-2011
Registered!!

willobd is an unknown quantity at this point

esobd2.com eshop sbb key programmer has updated to SBB V33
Old 11-17-2011
Registered!!

brokanic is an unknown quantity at this point

i'm updating this with latest info for dummies like me who spent HOURs researching this.
Getting a new transponder key is a beotch! Well used to be
I got a blank off of ebay $7, cause I read a forum where a "Guy" (actual name) charge him $30 bucks to have it "cloned" I mistakenly thought I could get the same deal. I called and a femal voice answered (wife) and quoted me $65, they have a special $75 for a cloned key. but wait a minute "you mean $10 for the key blank"...she said yes, BS! Anyway I bought a key programmer off of ebay for $62 and can read/program the keys now.
I went to have my key cut but some places (hardware store) will not cut if they hear transponder key. I tried WalMart and guess what? they got a new high tech key maker that cuts and clones transponder keys between 30-50? bucks, my ebay key was a little too thick to fit so they couldn't cut it but I had it done else where. If I knew about WalMart I could have saved some cash.
I couldn't find a reasonably price pgm-fi program with immobilizer access for my 2001 civic to do the real updating of transponder keys so I cloned it. newer models use a different thing.
so far the cheapest key cloning is at walmart, call them before you go to make sure they have the new key cutting machine and are able to do your year make model. hail walmart, hail chi... wait USA USA USA!!!
go see your local guy and give him/her a job if you can afford it.
Happy trails, Deano
Old 01-15-2012
Registered!!

ateens4 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by brokanic
i'm updating this with latest info for dummies like me who spent HOURs researching this.
Getting a new transponder key is a beotch! Well used to be
I got a blank off of ebay $7, cause I read a forum where a "Guy" (actual name) charge him $30 bucks to have it "cloned" I mistakenly thought I could get the same deal. I called and a femal voice answered (wife) and quoted me $65, they have a special $75 for a cloned key. but wait a minute "you mean $10 for the key blank"...she said yes, BS! Anyway I bought a key programmer off of ebay for $62 and can read/program the keys now.
I went to have my key cut but some places (hardware store) will not cut if they hear transponder key. I tried WalMart and guess what? they got a new high tech key maker that cuts and clones transponder keys between 30-50? bucks, my ebay key was a little too thick to fit so they couldn't cut it but I had it done else where. If I knew about WalMart I could have saved some cash.
I couldn't find a reasonably price pgm-fi program with immobilizer access for my 2001 civic to do the real updating of transponder keys so I cloned it. newer models use a different thing.
so far the cheapest key cloning is at walmart, call them before you go to make sure they have the new key cutting machine and are able to do your year make model. hail walmart, hail chi... wait USA USA USA!!!
go see your local guy and give him/her a job if you can afford it.
Happy trails, Deano
Thank you
Old 01-12-2014
CATOBD

catobd is an unknown quantity at this point

CATOBD.com has a updated sbb key programmer v33.02

Old 06-01-2016
Registered!!

jacksonlee is an unknown quantity at this point

I lost all my black keys for my car which has an immobilizer system!
i have the RED master key that can program new black keys!but instead i called Davie Locksmith for the replacement of new keys.
Old 08-21-2016
Registered!!

alexanderwhite is an unknown quantity at this point

For the reprograming of immobilizer Locksmith is the best option.They are affordable and also reliable.According to me they are the only professionals who knew every vein and artery of vehicle as well as their parts.
Old 07-12-2018
Registered!!

tuita is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Mudd

New Slica SBB Pro2 key programmer is easy to use (Supports new cars to 2017.12. like Acura 2017,Chevrolet 2017,Buick 2017, Cadillac,GMC 2017,Ford 2017,Dodge 2017,Toyota 2017...)
How to use SBB PRO2 immobilizer programmer to make keys:

1) Before running SBB PRO2 key programmer, please insert the blank new key into your car keyhole;
2) Turn on ignition switch;
3) Insert SBB 16-pin interface into your car OBD2 diagnostic seat.
4) Follow the instructions showed on the SBB screen.
SBB PRO2 key programmer copies chip according to car model, and it programs key not clones key, you only needs to insert SBB 16-pin interface into your car OBD2 diagnostic seat, then read out immobilizer pin code from immobilizer dump/EEPROM of the car before writing it into new blank key. When programming for Ford vehicle, it does not need pin code.