Detailing Look here for questions and answers on detailing and washing your car etc.

removing sticker from window with tint

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
herroherror is an unknown quantity at this point
removing sticker from window with tint

I came home from school to find that my mom had put a parking permit sticker on my inside window that has tint on it. It's the kind of sticker that doensn't peel off easily. It's hard to explain, but when i try peeling it off, it's like a scratch ticket.. parts of the sticker scrapes off instead of actually peeling.

Any ideas on how to get this off without ruining my tint? Do you think the adhesive from the sticker will make my tint bubble up in the future?
Old 12-21-2005

soonercivic is a jewel in the roughsoonercivic is a jewel in the roughsoonercivic is a jewel in the roughsoonercivic is a jewel in the rough
Put peanut butter on it, let it sit, and wipe off. Then tell you mom to stay the f*** out your car.
Old 12-21-2005
Registered!!

does that really work? will it soak through the sticker?
Old 12-22-2005

soonercivic is a jewel in the roughsoonercivic is a jewel in the roughsoonercivic is a jewel in the roughsoonercivic is a jewel in the rough
The peanut oils in it will soak into the sticker and it should just wipe right off and wont damage your tint.
Old 12-22-2005
Official Rattlesnake Hunter

02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of
Exclamation

Originally Posted by herroherror
I came home from school to find that my mom had put a parking permit sticker on my inside window that has tint on it. It's the kind of sticker that doensn't peel off easily. It's hard to explain, but when i try peeling it off, it's like a scratch ticket.. parts of the sticker scrapes off instead of actually peeling.

Any ideas on how to get this off without ruining my tint? Do you think the adhesive from the sticker will make my tint bubble up in the future?
isn't the tint on the inside of the window not the out side... and just use a razor!
Old 12-22-2005

He said that his "mom had put a parking permit sticker on my INSIDE window that has tint on it." I dont know anywhere that has parking permits on the outside.
Old 12-22-2005
Registered!!

cool thanks for the info.. i'll try this later today
Old 12-22-2005
Registered!!

I just tried it two times... the first time i put it all over the sticker and let it sit for about 2 hours and then i tried peeling it off but it was stuck on just as strongly.

the second time, i put some over the sticker and drove for about 30 minutes with the heat at full and then tried wiping it off and it still wouldn't budge.

Any other ideas on how to remove this?
Old 12-22-2005

Hmm ive always had really good results with that. You need something oily that the sticker will absorb, thats why peanut butter usually works. Ive seen people use armorall or some other trim/rubber detailer with good results but ive never used it myself. It will probably take some scrubbing with a towel.
Old 12-23-2005
Crayons taste like purple...

shroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to behold
lmao if its oil you need throw some crisco on that biznitch and rub one out...muahahaha
Old 12-23-2005
Registered!!

85356 is an unknown quantity at this point
use wd40 bro works for me everytime
Old 12-23-2005
Registered!!

DDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of light
What about goo gone? Dunno if thats ok on tint tho.
Old 12-23-2005

I would imagine GOO Gone would hurt the tint. Its some pretty harsh stuff and probably has ammonia in it.
Old 12-23-2005
Registered!!

i already ruined the tint by trying to force it off too hard ... guess i'll have to retint