General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

Is the Accord a better car than the Civic? Alot better?

Old 04-18-2012
I am Epic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Civicnoobie should not be trustedCivicnoobie should not be trustedCivicnoobie should not be trustedCivicnoobie should not be trusted
Is the Accord a better car than the Civic? Alot better?

I see alot of 08-09 accord coupes now and they get my attention cause they are really nice cars. I think they look great from all angles. They look like a high end BMW. I know someone who drives a nice 2009 coupe EXL and says theyre a lot better than civics, is that true?

From what they said accord is better cause.

- V6
- 2.4L
- leather
- built in HID with projectors
- nice silver framing around the windows
- less common
- smoother ride, better suspension
- a lot less road noise
- looks exotic

But they are expensive. Wyat do you think of the accord coupes?
Old 04-18-2012
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of
Re: Is the Accord a better car than the Civic? Alot better?

Old 04-18-2012
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

i like the 06-07 coupe alot better
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...cord_Coupe.jpg
Old 04-19-2012
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Does this one have a salvage title too?

They look like a high end BMW.

You're delusional.

I know someone who drives a nice 2009 coupe EXL and says theyre a lot better than civics, is that true?

Opinions are like.......
well, you know.

- V6
- 2.4L

BZZZZZT
Pick only one.
The 2.4 is a 4 cylinder.

- leather

I don't like leather seats, but that's the only way to get the bun warmers from Honda.

- built in HID with projectors

Not OE here.

- less common

Less than what?

- smoother ride, better suspension
- a lot less road noise

I'll agree with those.

- looks exotic

Again, you're delusional.
JMHO.
Maybe I think that just because nobody in the shop likes the look of the current gen Accords.

But they are expensive. Wyat do you think of the accord coupes?

Bigger car.
More gas.
2 door = higher insurance (?)
Rear pad life seems to be the most consistent issue that I have noticed. Updated pads are improved from original, but still shorter than I'd think is ideal.
The 18 inch 5 spoke rims I do like. I wonder if they will fit on my Civic. Nah, I'd hate to buy the tires for those.

Do your math FIRST.
Old 04-19-2012
Johnny Tran stole my S2000 that I had over $100K in mods.

VTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to behold

Pointless thread.Of course the Accord is better...
Old 04-19-2012
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

It's a really nice car, but I don't know if I'd say it's a lot better than Civics, they're two very different cars that were sold at different price points.

How's the job hunt going?
Old 04-19-2012
Dr Krieger of Modification

Received 84 Likes on 58 Posts
mac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to behold

I like red dinosaurs! what kind of dinosaurs do you like?
Old 04-19-2012
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by mac25
I like red dinosaurs! what kind of dinosaurs do you like?
i hear the pink ones run the fastesst.
Old 04-19-2012
Dr Krieger of Modification

Received 84 Likes on 58 Posts
mac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to behold

really? my teacher said that, that, the pink ones were really good at catching fish too. that's cool!
Old 04-19-2012
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

My dinosaur is pink with purple stripes, my favourite colours yo
Old 04-19-2012
Whachya lookin at?

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
BlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond repute

The Accord is a car in a totally different class than the civic. It is built and priced that way.

Last edited by BlueEM2; 04-19-2012 at 09:19 AM.
Old 04-19-2012
Registered!!

lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

i think the op is a glass half empty kind of guy i don't think he'd be happy with any car.
Old 04-19-2012
I am Epic

Civicnoobie should not be trustedCivicnoobie should not be trustedCivicnoobie should not be trustedCivicnoobie should not be trusted

Well id be happy with certain cars, im actually starting to like mine again, slowly but its getting there again. A lot better than I felt a month ago thats forsure. Not cause i want to but cause i have no choice and forcing myself to.

I see quite a few accord coupes and i think theyre elegant looking, they look high class. From what i notice usually driven by older people in their 40s.

That is one nice car.

Old 04-19-2012
Whachya lookin at?

BlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond repute

Sure, there are lots of equally as nice cars in that price range though. Look at the Altima coupe.
Old 04-19-2012
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

At least it's not a Hyundai.

Name:  purple-dinosaur-giant-animal.png
Views: 290
Size:  73.5 KB
Old 04-19-2012

ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Civicnoobie
older people in their 40s.
You damn punks.
40s are the new 20s.

/My lawn: You know the drill.
Old 04-19-2012
Registered!!

SpeedDownZone is a jewel in the roughSpeedDownZone is a jewel in the roughSpeedDownZone is a jewel in the roughSpeedDownZone is a jewel in the rough

They look like a high end BMW.

I do like them but there rear is so big in person.

Oh and
Old 04-19-2012
Registered!!

im turning 30 on the 29th im scared.im going to need something to keep these kids off my lawn.
Old 04-19-2012
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

this should do it...

Americans are allowed to own this sort of thing, for home defense purposes, right?

Name:  SeriouslyGetoffMyLawn.jpg
Views: 250
Size:  34.3 KB
Old 04-19-2012
Registered!!

EX-Dave is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MindBomber
It's a really nice car, but I don't know if I'd say it's a lot better than Civics, they're two very different cars that were sold at different price points.

How's the job hunt going?
Better in what way?

These cars are aimed at different market segments. It's apples and oranges.

Do you want 30mpg or 40mpg?
Old 04-19-2012
Johnny Tran stole my S2000 that I had over $100K in mods.

VTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to behold

I'd rather have the Accord.Civic quality went down ages ago.I haven't seen complaints for the Accord.Sticking with the Beamer though
Old 04-19-2012

Originally Posted by lowlife9
im turning 30 on the 29th im scared.
30, huh?
Expect one of these perched over your birthday cake.
Waiting......Just waiting....

im going to need something to keep these kids off my lawn.
I'm kind of partial to Clint:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7X2_V60YK8

"I'm not on your lawn - I'm rocking in the chair next to you, drinking Jack Daniels and waiting for some kids to scream at."
Old 04-19-2012
"Come to terms with your slow *** whip"

rjones7755 is a jewel in the roughrjones7755 is a jewel in the roughrjones7755 is a jewel in the roughrjones7755 is a jewel in the rough

....Read the title and knew exactly who posted it lol...but anyway my friends got a 2009 accord coupe...it seems alot more solid than any of the 7th-8th gen civics ive been in.
Old 04-19-2012
I am Epic

Nissan Altima coupe is nice too. I think that, the accord, the gen coupe and the infiniti, someone copied someone on the design alone.

They all look so similar.

I did however see a really nice lowered gold 7th gen civic today driven by a young girl. Caught my eye cause i could tell it was modded and had a spoiler and white rims. She just had normal 15s and it was lowered about 2" (no fender rolling), was still some wheel gap but looked good. She didnt even have any lip.

I wish lowering the car wasnt so expensive otherwise i would do it. Coilovers, adjustable ones are easy $1200+, plus add in new camber kits and sway bars. And maybe new springs and struts too.
Old 04-19-2012

I wish lowering the car wasnt so expensive otherwise i would do it.
I got just the lowering kit for ya

http://kalecoauto.com/index.php?main...products_id=13

LOL
Old 04-19-2012
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

We've been over this before.

You don't need to spend $1200+ to get coilovers. If you get coilovers, you don't need to buy springs and struts also.
Old 04-19-2012
Whachya lookin at?

^ I wonder if that lowering kit comes in blue... I'd get it for sure!!
Old 04-20-2012
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

Name:  threadfailure.png
Views: 229
Size:  35.9 KB
Old 04-20-2012
2001 Civic LX

garden772 is an unknown quantity at this point

I just looked around KBB for the price of a 2012 Accord Coupe V6-6spd with The Navigation apparently they are less than 30k for a Fair Purchase Price. If I could actually find one for that price I might lose myself.
Old 04-20-2012
I am Epic

Originally Posted by MindBomber
We've been over this before.

You don't need to spend $1200+ to get coilovers. If you get coilovers, you don't need to buy springs and struts also.
So the coilovers replace my struts and springs in it now? Dont i need camber kits or sway bar?

Never seen how coilovers get installed, never seen it. I would have to get adjustable ones, adjust them once for summer and back again in winter. All the adjusting i hope isnt bad for the car suspension or anything.

If I can find a set thatll last the life of the car im sold. If im spending that much i dont wanna have to replace it again,.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Is the Accord a better car than the Civic? Alot better?