General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

rice burners

Old 11-26-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
speedingslowly will become famous soon enough
rice burners

okay, so some guy called my civic a rice burner, it is bone stock, not even an intake, nothing done to it whatsoever. now just so i sleep better at night, i want some replies to support the fact that a stock japanese car cannot be a rice burner unless stickers and euro tails are applied, and so forth. Replies are gretly appreciated.
Old 11-26-2006
Registered!!

SOAD is on a distinguished road
what do they drive
Old 11-26-2006
New Mod on the Block

Rennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond repute
ehh... a seminole called my car rice this weekend... GO GATORS!!! people just say stupid things when they have no idea what they are talking about.
Old 11-26-2006
Registered!!

TOEnail is a jewel in the roughTOEnail is a jewel in the roughTOEnail is a jewel in the roughTOEnail is a jewel in the rough
dude dont take it so personal...you bought a japanese car, its gonna be called rice one way or another. just be glad ur saving gas
Old 11-26-2006
Registered!!

estebomb_ftw will become famous soon enough
I bet they are jealous of how many miles you get to the galloon. 'Cause everyone is jealous of my mpg. :]
Old 11-26-2006
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future
well.......stock cars are not rice........no...not really.......once you start doing stuff to it, then it COULD be considered rice....

so.......SO RICE FOR YOU >=]
Old 11-26-2006
Registered!!

lxcivic2k1 is a jewel in the roughlxcivic2k1 is a jewel in the roughlxcivic2k1 is a jewel in the roughlxcivic2k1 is a jewel in the rough
A rice burner and a ricer are 2 completely different things. Rice burner is any car made in Japan since they are known for rice. Where a ricer is the one with the stickers, gay wing, etc. etc.

So we all drive rice burners, but we aren't all ricers. (There are a few ricers on here, but they tend not to stay.)
Old 11-26-2006
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

TRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz Erthang
I've gotten that comment before too... people are DEF mad because we save gas-- by not having to drive to the repair shop all the time! But whatevers. I'm curious what they drive too... hopefully you didnt shoot them a fast and furious line like, "its not who makes my car, or how i stand next to it, its about how I drive it" and then vtec away. Haha. Dont worry dude. Domestic drivers are usually pretty mean towards H&A owners
Old 11-26-2006
Registered!!

Erikwithak86 is an unknown quantity at this point
A friend of mine likes to mention sometimes how much faster his Mustang GT with intake, exhaust, pullies is faster than my stock Civic. To which I just reply "30 miles per gallon!" I have to agree with the above statements saying that rice-buner and rice are not always equivilent. Our cars are Japanese and at some point will be referred to as rice, rice burner etc. etc.. Usually by a meathead Mustang driving ****** but eh. I know I'm not a ricer and seeing ricers make me want to cry. So if anyone wants to call you a ricer, at least you know you sleep good at night knowing you aren't and with your fuel economy. If someone calls your car a rice burner, be proud you drive what you do. I mean, you drive a Honda!
Old 11-26-2006
Registered!!

speedingslowly will become famous soon enough
thansk guys, apparently dude was drunk and called apologizing, rofl.
Old 11-26-2006
Back From The Banned!

CuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really nice
a friend of mine once called my Del Sol a rice burner but at the same time he said he wanted 1. Sometimes I take 'rice burner' as a compliment b/c back in the day I think thats what ppl used to refer to Honda's that were doing well in drag racing.... kind of along the same line as 'rice rocket' (dont know if you guys have heard that 1 before)
Old 11-26-2006
Registered!!

XxSoVeReiGNxX is just really niceXxSoVeReiGNxX is just really niceXxSoVeReiGNxX is just really niceXxSoVeReiGNxX is just really niceXxSoVeReiGNxX is just really nice
lots of people are funny like that. Its even worse when you are of Asian desent and drive an import

I drive a Benz now so that makes me a ricer with a potato fetish?
Old 11-27-2006
Registered!!

Curiouz_G is just really niceCuriouz_G is just really niceCuriouz_G is just really niceCuriouz_G is just really nice
who cares. who cares how many MPG we get. they bought their cars because they wanted a performance car. people who buy performance cars dont look for good gas mileage in their cars.
Old 11-27-2006
Feel safe at night, sleep with a paramedic.

AmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by XxSoVeReiGNxX
lots of people are funny like that. Its even worse when you are of Asian desent and drive an import

I drive a Benz now so that makes me a ricer with a potato fetish?
Nope, it makes you a ricer with a bratwurst fetish. j/k
Old 06-10-2007
Registered!!

EJOman is on a distinguished road
Re: rice burners

Rice burner
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Rice burner is a pejorative used initially to describe Asian-made — specifically Japanese-made — motorcycles and automobiles. Many variations have also been used, such as rice rocket for Japanese sport bikes.

More contemporary use of the term rice burner, along with the prefix rice, has taken on an alternate pejorative meaning for an automobile that has been modified to give impression of high performance, but does not necessarily have any high-performance capabilities. This practice is in direct contrast to the "stealth" or "sleeper" style of automotive modification, where a vehicle may have major performance modifications, but the appearance remains similar to that of a stock model. In this manner, the appellation can apply to any vehicle regardless of country of origin. The most commonly modified cars are sport compacts, but the term can apply to any class of vehicle, including trucks.
Old 06-10-2007
Registered!!

$killer05coupe will become famous soon enough$killer05coupe will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by lxcivic2k1
A rice burner and a ricer are 2 completely different things. Rice burner is any car made in Japan since they are known for rice. Where a ricer is the one with the stickers, gay wing, etc. etc.

So we all drive rice burners, but we aren't all ricers. (There are a few ricers on here, but they tend not to stay.)

Yup! i think he's right As far as i know, the term "rice burner" is used to refer to Japanese cars, much like "rice getter." This old timer at work told me that they called Toyota, Datsun, and Honda cars "rice burners" back in the 70's.
Old 06-10-2007
This is Myspace

DsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to behold

what do u think the people in japan call the american cars?......
Old 06-10-2007
Registered!!

Boggie6868 should not be trusted

Unreliable.
Old 06-10-2007
Registered!!

EggRollBandit05 will become famous soon enoughEggRollBandit05 will become famous soon enough

gas guzzlers(sp)
Old 06-10-2007
Registered!!

Asif22 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thats a typical thing people say about civics. People say it to me all the time. As a matter of fact the person who said this to me drives a mustang
Old 06-24-2007
I'll flip out and kill people.

modoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questioned

our cars drive twice as far on a single tank, and will last twice as long if not longer. burning rice forever!
Old 06-29-2007
Registered!!

2skys1imit3 is an unknown quantity at this point

lame
Old 06-29-2007
Registered!!

Johnold is an unknown quantity at this point

Domestic car (american) made owners are ALWAYS talking crap about japanese import cars cause thats just how they are. They're pissed that our cars (asian, import) are taking the world by storm and putting all domestic cars to shame with our good gas, great lines and craftsmanship. They're just jellous. I would be too if I owned an F150 or a gas guzzling SUV