General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

RSX-S Turbo or supercharge

Old 10-22-2003
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
chefjnr is an unknown quantity at this point
RSX-S Turbo or supercharge

hey everybody, I'm the proud new owner of a k20A2 engine in my 01 civic. Now that its in there, I want to turbo or supercharge. I know JR makes a supercharger, but it only adds 40HP@5psi, thats kind of weak for $4000.00+ is there a way to up the boost on a supercharger? If not, on to turbo questions. Who makes custom turbo kits for the rsx-s engine. Lastly, what needs to be done to the engine to bulletproof it? I'm looking for 275hp with boost, then a 50 shot of N2O on top of that for a hp total of 325, where do I begin with internals/ who do I talk to?

I'm assuming I'll need a metal head gasket, pistons, rods, bigger fuel injectors and a whole lot more I'm not even thinking of-

I'm planning on using Greddy E-Manage to control the boost/fuel/air, etc- is there a better engine air/fuel/boost/nitrous manager than that one? My car will be for daily street drive

any advice would be helpful. I currently have $6000 budget to work with, I realize I might need more, but at least that can get the engine internals done and possibly some other needed stuff, I suppose I could bulletproof the engine first and than bolt on a turbo shortly thereafter when more money comes in.

thanks!
Old 10-23-2003
Registered!!

Niter1dah is an unknown quantity at this point
First of all, you dont want to use nitrous on a stock engine with a turbo. You're asking for problems. Kinda nice how you have the base model however because with that, you get a lower compression ratio and will be more forgiving for turboed apps. I know cybernation has several turbo kits for the k20. They have some nice kits available.

www.cybernationmotorsports.com
Old 10-23-2003
Registered!!

chefjnr is an unknown quantity at this point
I wouldnt dream of using turbo and nitrous on the stock engine! Part of my ? was what internals should I upgrade to bulletproof it. JE makes pistons for the rsx-s, and Toda makes connecting rods. In addition to a metal head gasket and head studs, what else would need to be done to bulletproof? Do I need to change out the cams as well, what about the axel from the rsx-s- can it handle 350 HP?
Old 10-23-2003
Registered!!

iluvbritney is an unknown quantity at this point
its kewl steph, let him test out the NOS sticker
Old 10-25-2003
Registered!!

lol

Best advice is to go with what people have had success with. Dont be the guinnea pig. Check out clubrsx if you want to go that in depth with tuning Happy Modding!
Old 10-25-2003
Registered!!

supanook is an unknown quantity at this point
cybernation has a stageII turbo kit that includes a FMU pistons and rods and you can also include a darton sleeved block (closed deck) and that will insure your internals..and with that setup you cvan boost over 25psi at over 400whp....enjoy
Old 11-20-2003
Registered!!

watermelonman is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm all about the JR kit. Don't overlook the power, it's pretty substantial. Most importantly, it's CARB approved and reliable.

I'm not sure what I would do with 400hp anyway.
Old 11-20-2003
YoUnG N SuXsExFul

guamcivic2k1 is an unknown quantity at this point
^^^smoke civics like us
Old 11-20-2003
Hail to the king baby

kjgracing will become famous soon enoughkjgracing will become famous soon enough
Jackson Racing Supercharger

**Race System should be released in Mid August**

Jackson Racing had a serious challenge on their hands when they set out to create a supercharger system for the Acura RSX Type-S. A more stringent emissions package, restrictive intake & exhaust systems, deadhead fuel system and an 11:1 compression ratio presented huge roadblocks to building a powerful yet fully street-able supercharger system. The I-VTEC system and huge intake and exhaust valves found in the K20 engine revealed the potential for incredible power gains, and could not be overlooked.

At the heart of this completely new system is Jackson Racing's Gen IV JR62 Supercharger. Utilizing the latest forth-generation Eaton Rotor Groups, Jackson Racing designed and developed a proprietary supercharger housing with improved intake and discharge port timing. The result is a highly efficient supercharger that creates boost more quickly while also reducing discharge temperatures.

Another significant advance is JR’s Digital Tuning Technology. The days of “sensor manipulation” are gone, JR's new electronics take complete control of the fuel injectors while under boost. This new “plug & play” system installs in minutes and offers full self-diagnostic capability. After countless hours of development and hundreds of dyno runs, Jackson Racing has achieved astonishing results.

This Jackson Racing RSX Type-S supercharger system will be available in two configurations. The first is a CARB approved street system running 5psi of boost. The Second is our Race system also running 5psi of boost but using 440cc injectors and a JR Tuned/Hondata flashed ECU program. By flashing the ECU, JR and Hondata were able to adjust cam phasing, ignition timing and raise the rev limiter. All this results in another 40+ HP to the wheels. Our Race system is not CARB exempt.
Old 11-22-2003
Registered!!

Acura of Lynnwood has a street version and its just barely at 200 to the wheels on a type S. The total cost for the car is somewhere around $30,000. It's really disappointing I was gonna get one until I saw the dyno sheets. You willing to spend 5000 dollars to get 40hp?

I'd get a cybernation stage 1 or 2 instead. Mabye get stage one and save the rest instead of a stage 2 to manage the torque steering problem you're gonna run into hehe.
Old 11-25-2003
Pro Skater

blue03civic is an unknown quantity at this point
the cybernation one is cool there was an article in modified mag with the rsx type s jdm swap with that turbo at 25 psi putting out like 420 ponies or somewhat stage 3 tho.
Old 01-06-2004
Registered!!

sensation612 is an unknown quantity at this point
def. go with cybernation if u want power. they know their FI for our engines.
props to cybernation :thumbsup:
Old 01-31-2004
Bring Hockey Back!

chrisgushue is an unknown quantity at this point
ive heard the jackson race s/c puts out close to 300 whp is that true?
Old 02-08-2004
Registered!!

MatrixShark is an unknown quantity at this point
After my warranty is up, I plan to get the JR Supercharger. However, maybe by then there will be more offerings available (Vortech etc.).
Old 02-09-2004
Registered!!

watermelonman is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by Niter1dah
Acura of Lynnwood has a street version and its just barely at 200 to the wheels on a type S. The total cost for the car is somewhere around $30,000. It's really disappointing I was gonna get one until I saw the dyno sheets. You willing to spend 5000 dollars to get 40hp?

I'd get a cybernation stage 1 or 2 instead. Mabye get stage one and save the rest instead of a stage 2 to manage the torque steering problem you're gonna run into hehe.
1) It's CARB approved, which means a lot to us in California

2) 30k is obnoxious, and they're counting on a complete tool buying that car (local dealer wanted near 40k for a CL with Comptech breathing goodies)

3) The torque curve looks a lot better than just "plus 40hp peak" (honestly, I'd probably be happy with stock peak hp if I had more pick-up from 2800-6000rpm)
Old 02-27-2004
#1 S2000 Fan

ViNRoCk8 is an unknown quantity at this point
JRSC definitley is nice accross the powerband....reliable and less maintenance then the turbo.
Old 02-29-2004
Registered!!

MatrixShark is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by ViNRoCk8
JRSC definitley is nice accross the powerband....reliable and less maintenance then the turbo.
In about 10,000 miles or so (about a year) my warranty is up. At that point, I will probably go JRSC. Of course I wouldn't even bother without first doing an LSD and new Hi-perf. clutch.
Old 02-29-2004
Registered!!

cdmx will become famous soon enoughcdmx will become famous soon enough
If it wasn't so damn expensive id say supercharge that bish