Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

**NEED HELP** 1994 civic D15 misfire

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jparagallo is an unknown quantity at this point
**NEED HELP** 1994 civic D15 misfire

Heres the deal.. got D15b7 in my civic. Problem is a misfire in the far right cylinder. Problem started with hard starts about 2 weeks ago, about a week later it started getting worse. Car shakes terribly at idle when warmed up. Has no power whatsoever whether accelerating or cruising it always wants to downshift(automatic).

Listening to the exhaust you can tell its misfiring, and when i pull the plug wire off the last cylinder there is no change in the way it runs. All the others make it stall. Motor is very sluggish to rev even in neutral.

Here's what i've replaced so far-
-plugs/wires/cap/rotor
-fuel filter
-injector in last cylinder(because plug was dry, thought injector could be to blame)
-ignition module + coil

Spark tested all cylinders, getting good compression, and getting fuel as i can smell raw gas coming out of the exhaust. Motor is extremely hard to start and hesitates bad.. beginning to think maybe it jumped time? What do you guys think.

thanks for any input
Old 10-29-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
kellogg6316 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: **NEED HELP** 1994 civic D15 misfire

if it has spark and fuel, it has got to be compression in that cylinder. A valve has cracked maybe. If it has been over 70k since timing belt change, i would just pull the head and examine the problem from there, then you could change timing belt , head gasket, ect and kill 2 birds with one stone.