Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Water leaking inside car!

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
grdprx is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Water leaking inside car!

I'm having an issue with a wet floor on the front passenger side. Dug into it this week to solve the problem. The moisture isn't chemical nor does it smell. I'm 100% sure it's water. I have the carpet pulled back, and the fabric under the dash on the firewall up. I took a 5-gallon bucket of water and poured it along the door, windshield and fender. Checked after dumping half the bucket, no water inside. Dumped the rest of the bucked, nothing. Came back 30 min later and there is a small pool of water in the corner of the rocker panel and the firewall. But there is no dripping down, it's as if the water came up through the floor! There is that hard material attached to the metal floor pan, so I'm not sure how to proceed with this issue. It's draining somewhere inside the body, and seeping into the floor pan area...
Old 07-15-2011
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud of
Re: Water leaking inside car!

Look for a drain tube running down the inside of the A-pillar. May have to remove the blower motor assembly to see it. Over time they will work themselves loose.

Or your heater core is leaking but, I doubt it.

Last edited by lazlong; 07-15-2011 at 09:17 PM.
Old 03-08-2019
Registered!!

dbailey is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by grdprx
I'm having an issue with a wet floor on the front passenger side. Dug into it this week to solve the problem. The moisture isn't chemical nor does it smell. I'm 100% sure it's water. I have the carpet pulled back, and the fabric under the dash on the firewall up. I took a 5-gallon bucket of water and poured it along the door, windshield and fender. Checked after dumping half the bucket, no water inside. Dumped the rest of the bucked, nothing. Came back 30 min later and there is a small pool of water in the corner of the rocker panel and the firewall. But there is no dripping down, it's as if the water came up through the floor! There is that hard material attached to the metal floor pan, so I'm not sure how to proceed with this issue. It's draining somewhere inside the body, and seeping into the floor pan area...
Ever source that leak
Old 06-29-2019
Registered!!

L.red1993civicx is an unknown quantity at this point

Mynes leaked from the filter for the climate control fan. The windshield wiper trim was worn so it dropped from there onto the filter when it rained hard and it would puddle by the ecu