Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Beeping noise (help!)

Old 10-06-2010
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OnlyTheBrave81 is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Beeping noise (help!)

Hi, new here and joined up because you guys seem to be a very good source of Honda Civic information. I myself don't drive one, my gf does (I'm at a benz forum to discuss any issues about my car, etc). Because I am on a messageboard for the car I own and got good information from that. I figured this wouldn't hurt.

Here's my problem with her car.

There's this beeping noise that goes off or on at any given time in my gf's Honda Civic, the only way to shut it off is if I turn the headlights on (instead of daytime running lights). It doesn't always happen but it happens frequent enough where I want to get it fixed and resolved asap. It's a 2002 2 door Civic SI. I'm guessing it might be a fuse thing? It doesn't go off every time we get into the car, it's random. The beeping isn't intermittent, it's a constant beep and it's frickin' annoying.

How do I fix this?

It's a 2002 Honda Civic Si, 2 door.

I used to own an Accord back in the day, a 1991 Honda Accord Ex-R, leather interior, 4 doors and it was mint. It had that beeping noise issue too but it was a fuse thing with that car, not sure if it's the same with this one. Her car isn't here at the moment so I can't run out and check, but if it is the fuse and someone reads this and tells me it is...awesome, easy fix.

Last edited by OnlyTheBrave81; 10-06-2010 at 07:20 PM.
Old 10-06-2010
Registered!!

303jordan is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Beeping noise (help!)

Did you try closing the door?
Old 10-06-2010
Trance Addict

MelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of light

Never heard of anything like that. I was thinking along the lines of using the keyless entry. Lights flash twice for my car and has a feature where if you leave the lights on, the car makes a flatline noise until you either close the door or turn the lights off.
Old 10-07-2010
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

DRL?
If you in canada, and the car is US Market, somebody installed an aftermarket DRL system and it would make the headlight beep until it turns the light off.
Don't remember any 02 US car equipped with DRL.
Could get confusing, but Si models in canada are the EX models in US.
Old 10-07-2010
35+ Years Driving Japanese Autos

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
CraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of light

I think you may be hearing the relay buzz that occurs when the DRL control module needs to be resoldered ???

The noise would go away when the headlights are turned on as the DRL system turns off.
Old 10-08-2010
Registered!!

ChuckD is an unknown quantity at this point

Is it a beeping or a buzzing... if it's a buzzing due to your drl relay this may solve your problem...

http://www.nyx.net/~smanley/hondadrlfix/index.html