Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

d16 egr valve

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2009
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
D16Fiend is an unknown quantity at this point
d16 egr valve

2000 civic ex d16y8

where the hell is the EGR valve???!?!

i honest to god cant find it. unless its hidden up underneath the bend of the manifold, or it doesnt look anything like usual egr valves.

helpz me
Old 01-24-2009
Registered!!

Re: d16 egr valve

and if you could, go ahead and list locations of: MAP sensor, FITV (fast idle thermal valve), IACV, and PCV
Old 01-24-2009
Registered!!

wow not one reply all day
Old 01-24-2009
Registered!!

BJanzen is a glorious beacon of lightBJanzen is a glorious beacon of lightBJanzen is a glorious beacon of lightBJanzen is a glorious beacon of lightBJanzen is a glorious beacon of lightBJanzen is a glorious beacon of light

gearbox had a thing about how to clean the iacv and pcv. search just his threads with title "tune"
Old 01-24-2009
Registered!!

BJanzen is a glorious beacon of lightBJanzen is a glorious beacon of lightBJanzen is a glorious beacon of lightBJanzen is a glorious beacon of lightBJanzen is a glorious beacon of lightBJanzen is a glorious beacon of light

That will atleast show you what the d17 ones look like and where they are on the d17
Old 01-24-2009
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

pcv is located in the engine block somewhere with a hose coming out of it leading to the IM, its prolly hidden down below somewhere. IAC and FITV are bolted to either IM or TB and have coolant carrying lines connected. MAP is somewhere near the IM with some vacuum hose on it.
Old 01-27-2009
Registered!!

but no one has helped about EGR. where the heck is that bugger
Old 01-28-2009
Registered!!

Someone Must Know This
Old 12-19-2009
Registered!!

neughost is an unknown quantity at this point

Okay, 96-00 D16Y8 should all be the same, very little variances. All the location descrips will be facing the engine like you were working on it. Your fast idle(cold start) is computer controlled with the IACV.
IACV is on the back side of the IM, near firewall, to the right of the throttle assy. It has 2 coolant hoses, 2 bolts, and connector comes in from bottom.
MAP sits directly on top of throttle assy with 2 screws holding and connector from left. If you take it off there will be a little plastic tube sticking down to sense Vac. NO vac lines here.
PCV should be inline between valve cover upper-left corner and Air intake housing (all the plastic pieces).
And lastly, the EGR. The tube should be running up from the exhaust along the backside of the engine. Not real clear on location since mine is missing. EGR itself sits off to the right of the IM, just in front of Brake master,(again mine missing) and the connector is right under the IM, from what I can tell.
If it idling too fast after the car is warm, you may need to adjust the idle screw which is just to the firewall side of the throttle assy, behind MAP. NOT THE SCREW ON THE THROTTLE CABLE LEVER.
Hope this helps, apologies for the long wind...