I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

Lost your Radio CODE?

Old 12-10-2010
Kenny the Ricer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond repute
Lost your Radio CODE?

Please do not post "Help me get Radio code, this is my VIN"
Refer to the link posted, and retrieve the CODE yourself.
Below are instructions to reset your Radio

If you are not from the US. Please post in this thread for a request to help you retrieve your Radio Code.
Please do not start your own thread, so we can minimize threads.
You must have your VIN# and Radio Serial Code

Originally Posted by Honda
Visit https://radio-navicode.honda.com/ to retrieve your code.
You will need:
Your 17 Digit VIN number
Your phone number and zip code when purchasing the vehicle
And your radio serial number
ISSUE:
When your stock Honda radio/stereo begins to flash "CODE" this means you have lost power to your stereo for some reason. Honda has built an anti-theft security feature in to all stock stereos. If the stereo loses power for any reason it will activate the security feature, which locks the stereo completely. They assume if you have lost power someone might have stolen your stock radio. In an event to stop them from using this stolen stock radio an anti-theft security system has been installed. It's really just annoying, who wants a stock radio anyway?

THE CODE:
The only way to redeem this is to enter you RADIO CODE. This is a 5 Digit code using #1-5 radio presets to enter the code into the stock stereo. When you purchase a new Honda the code card comes with a new vehicle, usually in the glove box. Stock the code is on white card about the size of a business card. It clearly says ANTI-THEFT RADIO CODE. A white sticker about the size of your index finger is optionally put on the inside of your glovebox lid. My dealership always installed this sticker but some do not. This sticker if there has your radio code & serial number on it.

SERIAL NUMBER:
The serial will be an 8 digit serial code
If you cannot find your ANTI-THEFT RADIO CODE CARD you will need the serial number off the affected stereo to obtain your radio code.
There are three ways to obtain the serial number.

Option #1
Look inside and around your glove compartment box for a sticker with the serial number
Option #2
Is to pull the damn stereo and physically get the serial # off the back of the radio.
Option #3 is only available on some 2001+ models.
Turn ON the car.
Turn OFF the radio.
Hold radio presets #1 and #6,
While holding those presets, push the power to turn ON the radio.
Your radio will either toggle between two screens
U#### and L####
OR
Show the 8 digit serial number ########
If it shows U and L screens, ignore the U/L and record all 8 digits

WHAT TO DO WITH THE SERIAL NUMBER:
Visit https://radio-navicode.honda.com/ or contact your local HONDA dealer

DEALERSHIP:
Dealership can give out the code with the same information you provide to the website.
VIN, Serial, and Phone/Zip code

WHAT TO DO WITH THE CODE:
Simply turn the car on. If the radio does not turn itself on use the power button to turn it on. The radio should be flashing CODE at you. This is want you want. You can now use you #1-5 radio preset buttons on the stereo to enter the code. If for some reason you enter the code incorrectly several times the radio with lock up on you and you will not be able to enter anything. Even after cycling the key several times. At this point the stereo has gone into another security feature. You need to simply disconnect your NEG- cable on your battery to clear the memory of your stereo. I usually do this for 1-2 minutes. Reconnect the NEG- and retry to enter you code!

Serial code pulled from my 2005 Honda CR-V
Name:  IMG_0534.jpg
Views: 61537
Size:  99.8 KB
_____
Original Content from FoSho, Modified by Kennykid2002

Last edited by Kennykid2002; 12-13-2010 at 09:00 PM.
Old 12-13-2010
Registered!!

ashley928 is an unknown quantity at this point
04 honda civic car stereo

need some help with the stereo code of my civic. serial no. is 27024334.thank you guys so much.vin no.2HGES26744H512573

Last edited by ashley928; 12-14-2010 at 05:26 PM.
Old 12-13-2010
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold
Re: Lost your Radio CODE?

its about time somebody made this but unfortunately people still won't search for it.
Old 12-13-2010
Kenny the Ricer

Kennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond repute

It's been posted before, now it's updated and stickied
Old 12-13-2010
Registered!!

lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

lol since when does that matter . i bet you a reputation point somebody makes another radio thred in the next 30 days.
Old 12-14-2010
Registered!!

ha ha ha i should have put some money on this. i hope thats a joke.
Old 12-14-2010
Registered!!

yeh but it was at the top of the page .
Old 12-24-2010
Registered!!

aven is an unknown quantity at this point

Lost radio code. Serial# is 21475145.

I tried using the automated look-up on the Honda website, and it gave me the code 53522. That code did not work.

Is that the wrong code, or is there some special way to input it? (Or both?)

Thanks. Merry Christmas and such.
Old 12-24-2010
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

when it says CODE on the radio, you type the 5 digit number in using the number keys (radio preset buttons). if it says ERR, you have to disconnect the battery to reset back to a code prompt. i can still check the code to make sure its correct.
Old 12-24-2010
Registered!!

aven is an unknown quantity at this point

gearbox,

Yeah, I'd appreciate that. From what I've seen, you get like ten tries to put the code in before it locks up? I'm currently on Err8, and so I've stopped experimenting for now.

Thanks.

EDIT: Sorry, I may have transposed a number. Serial is 24175145.

Last edited by aven; 12-24-2010 at 11:36 AM.
Old 02-03-2011
Registered!!

notevilnow is an unknown quantity at this point

I no longer need the Anti-Theft Radio code as I just replaced the head unit with a brand new shiny Sony CDX-GT740UI.
I previously replaced the factory speakers with the four 6 1/2" Sony X-plod speakers that I cannibalized from my 3rd gen Accord that I'm retiring. I would have used the HU from the Accord but it was getting long in the tooth and was somewhat obsolete.

I did find out that what I thought was the factory installed head unit was in fact not the factory installed HU. It had all the hallmarks of a part from a bone yard, the "04 Civic" and some numbers scrawled in yellow paint pen on the top of the HU are a dead giveaway.

Thank you to all the posters within the civicforums community for making the speaker(s) and HU install seamless.
Old 03-09-2011
Registered!!

EvySpeedy254 is an unknown quantity at this point

What if I'm
Not the original owner and I do not know the original owners number or zip?
Old 03-10-2011
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

all you need is 8 digit serial number. i think you posted in the main thread already. i dont like this thread lolo.
Old 03-25-2011
Registered!!

JTringer is an unknown quantity at this point

Can I get some confirmation?

If I replace the stock deck with an aftermarket will I need to know the code at all?
Old 03-25-2011
Premium Member

most aftermarkets do not have codes, only factory.
Old 03-25-2011
Registered!!

JTringer is an unknown quantity at this point

awesome, just wasnt sure if it was part of the deck or an internal system
Old 04-06-2011
Registered!!

yakubtijani is an unknown quantity at this point

With just the car VIN and Audio System's Serial number, can I generate the 5-digit code? for I just bought the car (2003 Honda Civic LX) as used and nothing came with it. I mean no manual no code. I live outside USA.
Thank you.

Originally Posted by gearbox
when it says CODE on the radio, you type the 5 digit number in using the number keys (radio preset buttons). if it says ERR, you have to disconnect the battery to reset back to a code prompt. i can still check the code to make sure its correct.

Last edited by yakubtijani; 04-06-2011 at 07:11 AM.
Old 04-06-2011
Premium Member

no, only the honda database used at the dealership can do it. if you have the 8 digit serial number, just post in the big radio code thread and i will put it on my list for next week when i get codes again.