I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

Need help accessing cigarette lighter socket

Old 02-20-2009
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
joetab24 is an unknown quantity at this point
Need help accessing cigarette lighter socket

Hi,

I was directed here from another board. I want to replace the cigarette lighter socket (not sure what it is called). I got an air pump plug stuck in it and a piece broke off when I tried to get it out. I am not sure how to remove the socket. I have an 04 civic DX. DO I have to remove a panel? Thanks!

Joe
Old 02-20-2009
DeX
Canadian, Eh!

DeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to all
Re: Need help accessing cigarette lighter socket

I got a 2005 DX, here's how it works:

Search for a D.I.Y. here somewhere about removing the stereo, you need to do the first half of it....or try and follow my butchered directions below:
If yours in an automatic then I have no idea but if it's a standard, grab hold of the ring assembly around the shifter and pop it up. You can do this by pressing your fingers down into the boot and hooking up under a piece of plastic under the shift boot. Once it's popped up, unscrew the shift **** and lay the whole thing aside. Along your center console on the sides you'll see how the outer piece is clipped to the console itself, pop the clips so you can take the whole outer piece off. This will require some finesse to unclip it up around the lighter assembly. Once it's loose and ready to come off, look in behind and unclip the lighter harness from the actual plug. Pop the plug out of the plastic piece and voila.
Old 02-20-2009
Registered!!

joetab24 is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks...i will try your directions. i'm new here. can somene help me find the 04 civic dx radio install directions. thanks!
Old 02-22-2009
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light

to be honest I cant find the DIY dash removal with the pictures if you search you can find one without pics.
Old 03-04-2009
Registered!!

DCSniper is an unknown quantity at this point

http://www.fitaudio.com/?View=entry&EntryID=19

you only need to go as far as step 2
Old 03-04-2009
Registered!!

DCSniper is an unknown quantity at this point

edit: sorry it posted twice.
Old 03-04-2009
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz Erthang

In summary: Pull the center console, and then unscrew the lower dash part. From there you should be able to figure it out.
Old 03-05-2009
DeX
Canadian, Eh!

DeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to all

Originally Posted by TRIZ
In summary: Pull the center console, and then unscrew the lower dash part. From there you should be able to figure it out.
On the 2004/2005 you don't remove the console nor unscrew anything. You just take the shifter off and pull the piece with the socket in it. The socket unclips from behind and voila.
Old 03-05-2009
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

TRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz Erthang

Oh words. You later model gen guys....
Old 07-06-2011
Registered!!

nicko is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by joetab24
Hi,

I was directed here from another board. I want to replace the cigarette lighter socket (not sure what it is called). I got an air pump plug stuck in it and a piece broke off when I tried to get it out. I am not sure how to remove the socket. I have an 04 civic DX. DO I have to remove a panel? Thanks!

Joe
Hi Joe you have similar concern with one of my friends; As we try to remove that smoker set, I think that is what we called on it. Well, there must be clips or screws to grasp the console the socket is in. You have to remove that, detach the wires and the socket assembly can move out.Good Luck!!!

This is an example of car smoker set
Old 07-06-2011
"Come to terms with your slow *** whip"

rjones7755 is a jewel in the roughrjones7755 is a jewel in the roughrjones7755 is a jewel in the roughrjones7755 is a jewel in the rough

[autostream]http://autostream.com/ibcivicforums/?page_type=firebirdplayerthumbnail&framepage=851&t ransactionid=1309973753-7532779&posted_by=rjones7755_www.civicforums.com&y outube_video_id=4PskKfCAu_M[/autostream]

This will hep if you have an auto....if you have a manual just look on youtube...theres another vid for that