I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

Civic Wire Harness for trailer

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2008
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond repute
Civic Wire Harness for trailer

Does anyone know if there is a plug n play wire harness for a 2003 Civic? I'd like to trailer my bike with my civic but can't find the correct wire harness to connect to the trailer for my year. I only see them for the 06-08 civic. Much help appreciated. Thanks.
Old 04-15-2008
This is Myspace

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
DsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to behold
Re: Civic Wire Harness for trailer

well... i dont know if this will help but for trailers you should have a brown wire, green wire, white and yellow.

yellow=left side of trailer
green=right side
brown=every light on the trailer
white=ground

thats how trailer wire packages come.. that probably doesnt help much but thats my .02 cents lol
Old 04-15-2008
Rough, Tough, Real Stuff.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to behold

It wouldn't be that hard to make one yourself, in theory. Just splice into the blinkers and brake lights. In theory, of course.
Old 04-16-2008
Administrator
Administrator

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
electric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond repute

you'll need a converter harness to go from 3-wire to 2-wire. that's what i did for my trailer. preferably buy a powered converter that gets power from the battery. otherwise, you'll risk burning up your stock wires by trying to power the trailer if it has a bunch of lights. 2 tail lights and 4 or less marker lights and you should be fine with an unpowered converter. it all depends on the type of bulbs and the total wattage draw. but no, there are no PNP t-harnesses commercially available for 7th gens.

powered converter:
http://www.etrailer.com/pc-ELEBF~118176.htm
you'd still need the wire to go to the battery and a fuse. they sell that for another $10.