I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

How to remove the dash trim on a 2003-2005 Honda Civic Si?

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2008
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
brettl is an unknown quantity at this point
How to remove the dash trim on a 2003-2005 Honda Civic Si?

I bought an iPod adaptor for my '05 Civic Si and need help installing it. Looking at the dash of my car (with the shifter in the center console), I have no idea where to start. I've searched online for a long time and can't find any detailed instructions on how to remove the trim and radio to plug in the adaptor into the CD changer port on the back of the radio. Can someone point out a resource for this or tell me how to do it? I'm pretty handy, but I'm afraid I'll break something if I don't know what I'm doing.
Old 02-17-2008
Registered!!

christmaspie is a glorious beacon of lightchristmaspie is a glorious beacon of lightchristmaspie is a glorious beacon of lightchristmaspie is a glorious beacon of lightchristmaspie is a glorious beacon of lightchristmaspie is a glorious beacon of light
Re: How to remove the dash trim on a 2003-2005 Honda Civic Si?

https://www.civicforums.com/forums/1...003-civic.html
Old 08-05-2010
Registered!!

harleyetta is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: How to remove the dash trim on a 2003-2005 Honda Civic Si?

The entire dash pod that the radio and heater controls are in comes out. Pull off your heater and ac ***** take out the screws inside ashtray area and carefully wiggle out the entire panel. My car was a 2001 civic so it might be alittle different than yours but you get the idea. My car also had 2 little empty plastic plugs right above the cup holders. I cut a hole the same shape as my ipod connector and thats how I did mine. I also had an idea of coming up through the bottom of one of the cup holders. You can buy cup holder blanks on ebay. You just have to do some looking. Good luck! I hope this helps.