Engine Post your engine related problems in this section. Engines will cover from Fuel, Engine, Cooling, Exhaust physical related items.

Water pump recall

Old 05-21-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
stoopid is an unknown quantity at this point
Water pump recall

I recently got a '07 LX used (60,000 miles). I had a dealer drain and fill the tranny fluid, at which time they told me I never got a recall item repaired, bolts or mounts for the water pump? It appears they'll do it free of charge. Problem is finding the time to be without the vehicle or to wait for it.

So I'm wondering -- How important is this, really? I know some recall items are a CYA by the manufacturer, and I'm not entirely sure how critical this repair is, etc. I would hate to waste hours of my life for something that could have been skipped altogether.
Old 05-22-2011
Trance Addict

MelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Water pump recall

Usually recalls only affect a number of vehicles, but from a cost perspective, it's cheaper to replace a pump than an engine in multiple vehicles. Honestly, it's good insurance. The fact that they're replacing the WP is labor intensive and they're doing it for free is enough for me to get it done. Depending on where you get the repair, I've heard some dealerships offer courier, or whatever the hell it's called service. But you're in Albany. Lol. Maybe check Lia Honda? I prefer Rensselaer as they did my timing belt a few years back and were very helpful. If anything, schedule the repair, drop it off at night and have a plan for the following day. A water pump failure is something you don't want to have to deal with.

Last edited by MelJ; 05-22-2011 at 07:14 AM.
Old 05-23-2011
Registered!!

They're not replacing the pump, just the bolts that attach it (I believe).

I was at Keeler when they ran the VIN through the system and found this pending. Maybe I ought to just call Honda. lol
Old 05-23-2011
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by stoopid
Maybe I ought to just call Honda. lol
Hah!
finally a wise man! have been missing it lately!
Anyway, it could cause leaks of coolant? potentially overheating.
Old 05-24-2011
Registered!!

http://www.google.com/#sclient=psy&h...er+pump+recall

Should have also googled a bit as there were two recalls, one my vehicle isn't effected (worse of the two), the other is a bolt on the pulley becoming loose. I guess it makes noise when it's loose and you'd have to drive for a while after that before it becomes a potential problem for the pump. I'm going to wait, or maybe drop in at a dealer one day and see if they want the work at that second (the job isn't that intensive).
Old 05-31-2011
Registered!!

joshflow is an unknown quantity at this point

:/ bad notice