Exterior Post your issues with Exterior parts here! Exterior covers Body, Doors, Locks, Physical Removal/install lights, Hoods, fenders, etc. For Fundamentally Electrical issues, post on Electrical

Replacing Front Bumper on 2006 Civic...

Old 04-09-2009
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
~Mel~ is an unknown quantity at this point
Replacing Front Bumper on 2006 Civic...

Got into a lil' fender bender a couple weeks ago and a license plate screw ended up re-srewing itself into my front bumper. ( not to mention paint transfer and deep scratch's down beyond the plastic! ) Anywho, I decided it would be better just to buy a new bumper instead of trying to repair it. I was wondering how long or how crazy of a task this was going to be to remove and replace, also any tips on tools needed... It looks as if I will be needing to remove the headlight housing's etc...

Any suggestion's would be much appreciated! )
Old 04-11-2009
Registered!!

johng35 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Replacing Front Bumper on 2006 Civic...

It does not look too diffiuclt, but I think it is a 2 person job. I have a gash in the front as well, and after reading both the service manual, as well as the HFP front poiler inatall instructions ( they show how to remove the front cover- down load the directions) it looks fairly easy.

If you can get Itunes podcast - college hills has a pod cast of them installing an Accord horn on a 2009 civic... there they show how to remove the cover. It is a professional in a dealers shop doing the work...but nothing exotic was done or used when I watched it.

If you can wait 2-3 months I may be able to tell you how my driveway job went.

Good luck.
Old 04-11-2009
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

after some practice it maybe takes 5-10 mins. all you do is remove all the screws and clips and pull the thing off. ofcourse that means you need to get the new bumper and have a shop paint it too since they dont come prepainted from honda.
Old 04-12-2009
Registered!!

johng35 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the heads up on the paint..I wasn't sure if it came painted, but I thought they asked for the color code when ordereing so I assumed the cover was at least painted to match factory colors.

My concern was how "off" the paint would be when matching it.
Old 04-12-2009
Registered!!

~Mel~ is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for responding! We were actually about to go ahead and replace the front bumper on my car today...low and behold the front grill didn't match up! Sooo... I need to order a new one! No biggie!