Notices
Wheels and Tires Post your wheel and tire related questions here.

Brake Size for Honda 2005 Civic LX?

Old 02-18-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
POQbum can only hope to improve
Brake Size for Honda 2005 Civic LX?

Honda civic 2005 LX Coupe.

A couple of months ago I was asking around here for some quality brake pads and was told "Hawk HPS" was an excellent choice. Sadly when I took it into the mechanic and specified the brake pads that I wanted to replace the old ones, he told me they didn't need to be replaced.

I hear squeaking on the brake pads on a daily basis and I feel uneasy when hard braking, so I'm going to get them replaced now (4 months later) and this time I'll bring in the brakes because I think before he just didn't want to order them.

Problem is, I'd like to order through amazon but there's a ton of brake sizes and I don't know which to pick:
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss...hps+brake+pads

Please advise and let me know !
Old 02-18-2011
Whachya lookin at?

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
BlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Brake Size for Honda 2005 Civic LX?

2005 Honda Civic LX front brake pads: HB275x.620 Rotor: HUS522

Instead of an X, you will see a different letter. All of which mean different things. Here they are:

F - HPS Performance Street
Z - Performance Ceramic
Y - Light truck and SUV
P - Super Duty
N - HP Plus, different brake pad.

Obviously you won't see the latter two for civics.

Here are their street performance, I recommend getting the ceramics though:
http://www.amazon.com/Hawk-Performan...8064591&sr=8-2

Ceramics:
http://www.amazon.com/Hawk-Performan...8064897&sr=8-1

If you are unsure, check their catalog:
http://www.hawkperformance.com/docs/catalog-current.pdf

I deleted your other thread in 7th gen wheels since I answered this one already, please only post 1 thread for one topic. Need someone to move this to 7th gen now please.

Last edited by BlueEM2; 02-18-2011 at 03:42 PM.
Old 02-19-2011
Registered!!

Originally Posted by tbohar
I recommend getting the ceramics though:
What advantages do these have over street?

I deleted your other thread in 7th gen wheels since I answered this one already, please only post 1 thread for one topic. Need someone to move this to 7th gen now please.
Sorry about that. I noticed the subforum closed at the top and thought I posted in a dead area that was in the process of being deleted so I reposted in a different area where I thought it should be.

Not sure how to move/delete my own topics either.
Thanks for the help though on the size

I'm just wanting top quality brake pads that are capable of lots of hard braking and frequent stops.
Old 02-19-2011
Whachya lookin at?

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
BlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond repute

You need a moderator to move/delete threads. Ceramic brake pads have a bit more stopping power, last a bit longer, and most importantly create much less dust. It's up to you which ones you wanna get but I try to stick with ceramic. You know when you see a car driving down the road with the front rims looking much darker than the rears? Thats because they have cheap metallic pads that are covering their rims with brake dust every time they use their brakes.
Old 02-19-2011
Registered!!

You need a moderator to move/delete threads. Ceramic brake pads have a bit more stopping power, last a bit longer, and most importantly create much less dust. It's up to you which ones you wanna get but I try to stick with ceramic. You know when you see a car driving down the road with the front rims looking much darker than the rears? Thats because they have cheap metallic pads that are covering their rims with brake dust every time they use their brakes.
Thanks. Exactly what I wanted to know, would give you more rep if it'd let me.