6th Generation Civic 1996 - 2000 In the years from 1996 to 2000 Honda released it's 6th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EK9, EK4, EK3, EJ6, EJ8, EJ9, EM1

Heater Core Removal

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2012
Joman93

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Joman93 is an unknown quantity at this point
Heater Core Removal

This is my first post . About a month ago my engine threw a rod through my oil pan. Crank and cylinder wall was toasted. I sent the engine off to have it bored out and while it's been gone, I've changed the direction I wanted to go with my car. In particular, removal of the A/C and the heater core. The problem is that there are two hoses connected into the heater core. I believe one is the coolant line and the other is for the hot air. I would like to remove the heater core, and no this is not something i'm going to regret in the future, this has been thought about for a while. After reading through several websites, it has been difficult to find anyone who has done this and I would really appreciate the help on what to do about these two hoses were the heater core to be removed. Thanks.
Old 10-25-2012
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Heater Core Removal

There are 2 hoses for antifreeze to circulate through the heater core, one inlet and one outlet. Connect the two hose ends together after disconnecting them from the heater core pipes at the firewall.

The AC system should have the freon properly removed with a recovery machine at a shop, do not just vent the freon onto the atmosphere. Then it should be safe to disconnect the AC pipes at the firewall.

HTH
Old 10-26-2012
Joman93

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Joman93 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Heater Core Removal

Thank you for your reply