6th Generation Civic 1996 - 2000 In the years from 1996 to 2000 Honda released it's 6th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EK9, EK4, EK3, EJ6, EJ8, EJ9, EM1

Best engine for my 96 civic lx automatic?

Old 03-29-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Godgivenn is an unknown quantity at this point
Best engine for my 96 civic lx automatic?

Just wondering what the top 3 engines I could swap for are...I'm also assuming I would need. a new transmission to fit it as well...please let me know ty!
I was told I could put integra engines in? Ty!
Old 03-30-2012
Registered!!

Re: Best engine for my 96 civic lx automatic?

100+ views and no replies .

Come on guys I know someone knows
Old 03-30-2012
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

K20a, k24a2, B18c5
Old 04-11-2012
Registered!!

Originally Posted by MindBomber
K20a, k24a2, B18c5
Some of these motors look like they would be a lot to swap them..so ill rephrase my question what automatic engine could I swap for that would basically be an easy swap and I would actually get the performance out of it with an auto transmission? Thanks. Please answer ASAP if someone can I have some money to spend now and am looking to swap soon!
Old 04-17-2012
Registered!!

Bump bumpp
Old 04-17-2012
Registered!!

Atom08910 is an unknown quantity at this point

based on a little research i did..u need a year 96+ for the emission laws and what not...if you have a y7 (i have a lx too nd its engine code is a D16Y7) then just switch up to a y8...you can replace the intake manifold and do a little more to it to gain a little more N/A power over a y7 ...u can put a turbo on it if you wanna be a little street racer and really get a big power boost as well...now finding engines to do that on websites im not too sure of im sketchy about that since i do wanna swap my engine, but i rather see it in person before anything...VERIFY BEFORE YOU BUY...i simply just started on my LX i got a injen ram air intake coming in tomorrow and tuning it for longtivity, with a little extra power...nothing big most people on these forums will think your trying to take it to the track or actually race or something...and u would need to do alot of research on your own most people on these forums are dicks and wont answer or really give u a direct answer to your question...if your turning this into a mini project car, would love to see the progress ^.^ hope i helped some...oh and about the transmission, you (dont quote me) might have to buy it separately just make sure the clutch and flywheel aren't cracking...thats very bad...but they might just need to be cleaned..
Old 04-17-2012
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

No one makes mounts for swapping in automatics, if you want to swap to a b-series it would need to be a manual.