7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1

Front License Plate

Old 08-24-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ThatDude is an unknown quantity at this point
Front License Plate

The previous owner never put the front plate on so theres no bracket or anything like that. Theres only the 4 holes on bumper where the plate goes on. Is the OEM bracket gonna be the easiest to attach and look the cleanest? I dont want to have to attach anything behind the bumper because its hard to get back there. I wish I could somehow justattach the plate directly onto the bumper but I cant find any screws that work with it!!

Last edited by ThatDude; 08-24-2012 at 08:29 PM.
Old 08-24-2012
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold
Re: Front License Plate

You just need self tapping screws and you can screw it straight into the bumper. Like these:

http://www.sidsavage.com/product/lic...ampaign=google
Old 08-24-2012
Busy Speeding!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
SlimRisk is a jewel in the roughSlimRisk is a jewel in the roughSlimRisk is a jewel in the rough

I just put my front plate in my windshield. Haven't got pulled over yet so I'm not sure if it's legal haha
Old 08-24-2012
Registered!!

Originally Posted by GolNat
You just need self tapping screws and you can screw it straight into the bumper. Like these:

http://www.sidsavage.com/product/lic...ampaign=google
What size do I need so I can go to Home Depot & take care of it? Why do people use license plate mounts/brackets then?? WHy pay extra when you can just screw the plate directly onto the bumper & have it look flush?

This is what it looks like just in case someone needs visuals
Old 08-25-2012
Registered!!

hasibmoeen is an unknown quantity at this point

I have the same issue the car had no holes for the license plate, the dude said it was legal but a friend of mine said it was not. I been driving without it on for 3 weeks and no pull over, I drive by police regularily as there are always 2 at our construction site. Anyway what you need to do is drill 2 small holes and screw some self-tapping
screws in. I was told the self tapping screws will go right in even without holes predrilled but I haven't tried it. Overall itz no biggy to leave it but its easy to do so id get it outa the way
Old 08-25-2012
Registered!!

hasibmoeen is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ThatDude
What size do I need so I can go to Home Depot & take care of it? Why do people use license plate mounts/brackets then?? WHy pay extra when you can just screw the plate directly onto the bumper & have it look flush?

This is what it looks like just in case someone needs visuals
Yeah the bracket is not needed most cars go in directly to the bumper. The brackets just look nicer and some have anti theft platic on them, etc. As far as tapping screws go, find the holes in your plates and pick any size screw that is smaller, just keep in mind if it's too small at the butt of the screw, you should also get a couple of washers. Easy peasy.
Old 08-25-2012
Registered!!

Aetoc will become famous soon enoughAetoc will become famous soon enough

I bought a relocation kit on ebay for $15 that I think looks decent...it's a little tricky to install with the bumper on the car, but it's possible
Old 08-25-2012
Registered!!

Well I got some Spax construction screws from home depot . I had to get a few diff ones to try them out. These fit in there nice but I think I stripped one of them because the screw keeps spinning and spinning & wont really tighten/lock in place. Its in there tight but not as tight as the others.

Would I be better off getting a license plate bracket or frame (whatever its called) or just getting a bigger screw for that stripped one? Im thinking these screws will eventually come loose since theyre drilled into plastic.

http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/exteri...te-screws.html

Last edited by ThatDude; 08-26-2012 at 01:02 AM.
Old 08-26-2012
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold

I would just get bigger screws. Pep boys should have screws that will fit, but now that the hole might be to big you might have to go to home depot and get bigger ones. I think the brackets are for if you don't have a mounting place on the front of your bumper for a plate. Some cars don't have spots for them.