7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1

how do wheel spacer affect performance????

Old 01-25-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HateOnEveryone is an unknown quantity at this point
how do wheel spacer affect performance????

Whatsup all I basicly know about wheel spacers is..they look awesome. But before I buy some id like to get some more important information. For exacple does it slow acceleration? Does it make handeling beter or worse. Any information is apreciated. If this matters im On eibach pro with 15s and no camber kit
Old 01-25-2012
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of
Re: how do wheel spacer affect performance????

it widens the track, but remember that yeh still have fenders.
when yer trying to stay in place, would you keep yer feet together or would you spread yer legs? (no nasty meanings in this statement )
Old 01-25-2012
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold

If you go too wide I have read that it could hurt your handling and put extra strain on your studs and hub. Don't know how true this is but it does look cool. Widening your stance would definitely improve your handling.
Old 01-26-2012
2001 civic ex

wheladan3 is an unknown quantity at this point

If you change the offset with wheels or spacers it can change your scrub radius so you may have to watch tire wear.
Old 01-26-2012
Registered!!

HateOnEveryone is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for all the input ill probally go for a small spacer so not to much unsprung weight but eill still be pretty
Old 01-26-2012
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by GolNat
If you go too wide I have read that it could hurt put extra strain on your studs and hub. Don't know how true this is but it does look cool.
leverage.
to move heavier stuff, you use longer levers. but for a suspension, what is on the easy end are the bumps and holes, the receiving end is the suspension.
i personally use spacers on the front only.
Old 01-30-2012
Remebers the old days
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CrewChief is a glorious beacon of lightCrewChief is a glorious beacon of lightCrewChief is a glorious beacon of lightCrewChief is a glorious beacon of lightCrewChief is a glorious beacon of lightCrewChief is a glorious beacon of light

I wheel spacer is Just a cheap way of not buying a low ofset wheel. but it has worse effects. By widening the track of your tires you get better handling on turns but you also change the turn radius of the car so it causes more wear on the tire to turn the same distance.

also by spreading out the weight distribition further from the hub you cause exsesive binding on the hub bearing. A mild 1/4 spacer will be vertually unnoticable but 3/4 in spacer will destroy your bearing in no time. also keep in mind if you have lowered your car and didn not use a correct camber method you are not only doubling the wear on your hub but also the control arm bushings and the axle pitch.

Think of it this way hold your arm out straight and hand a bag of somthing from it. First put the bag at your elbow crease. No bad......no move it out to your wrist....you wont be able to hold as long......not with your arm out and the bag on your wrist lift your are up about 30degrees. feel the straign on your shoulder. Thats what your hub and control arm are feeling when you lowr your car and use spacers without properly recambering it.