7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1

2001 civic ex.mpg related

Old 10-28-2009
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Warzbird is an unknown quantity at this point
2001 civic ex.mpg related

Hello all,

I'm not looking for speed, just MPG increases.

I have a couple of questions and all help would be very appreciated

Cold air intake? Better MPG?
Intake Manifold? Better MPG?
full exhaust system(manifold also)? Better MPG?
And anything else that would improve mpg, please post!

Thanks alot
Old 10-28-2009
Registered!!

GreenMachineDX is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: 2001 civic ex.mpg related

Nope, All of that will decrease ur Mpg's..
Old 10-28-2009
Registered!!

Really? Even a intake system?

"Better gas mileage, because it helps to cool the cylinders resulting in better compression, and power strokes"

I got that from another forum...

http://4wheelonline.com/Categories.aspx?Categoryid=10

Last edited by Warzbird; 10-28-2009 at 11:31 AM. Reason: Forgot link
Old 10-28-2009
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

usually mods that increase air into the engine will cause the computer to increase fuel injected to the cylinders, resulting in worse mileage. this is why gas mileage on a cold day is so terrible. the cold air has more oxygen per unit volume, so more fuel is used to keep a good mixture. car feels a bit more powerful but uses alot of fuel. on a civic i doubt you would see a difference tho with intake and exhaust mods. my 02 civic has intake/header/exhaust and i still get around 24 city/40 highway. it depends more on how you drive like stepping on the gas pedal.
Old 10-28-2009
Registered!!

baron340 is a glorious beacon of lightbaron340 is a glorious beacon of lightbaron340 is a glorious beacon of lightbaron340 is a glorious beacon of lightbaron340 is a glorious beacon of light

I was getting 42+ highway miles and 35 city with a turbo. That was even playing some, however playing a lot led to 25 mpg. K-pro and a tune for mileage will help greatly. 40mpg is probably not out of the question. Other than that you are just looking at things that make the engine breathe easier. K&N drop in filter. New spark plugs. Lighter wheels will help some as well, along with a lighter flywheel. I don't know how open to it you are, but deleting AC and PS will give you better mileage.
Old 10-28-2009
Registered!!

Thanks for the info.. Ordered injen cold air, that converts to short ram, lets see if mpg drops...
Old 10-28-2009
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

i forgot to mention, altitude also matters. hi altitude means much less air so the car gets better mpg compared to sea level. also depends on the roads you drive, flat roads obviously will give very good mpg cause you dont have to push the car as hard as going up hills. with a few boltons, chances are mpg will stay the same or slightly increase, so long as you do not drive the car harder to hear the intake.
Old 10-28-2009
Registered!!

Thanks Gear
Old 10-28-2009
Registered!!

GreenMachineDX is an unknown quantity at this point

Gearbox Got The Words Out Of My Mind..

Mods = Decrease Miles Per Gallon.. But, These Civics Are Really Good On Mileage's Even With The Mods.. But All I Know If U Are All About The Gas Then The Best Thing To Do Is Leave It Stock..
Old 10-29-2009
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
unTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to all

on our cars theres not much you can do to get much better, or much worse gas mileage. you can increase or decrease a bit, but for the most part on average, you wont change it by much no matter what you do (unless you start messing with engine settings).

if you really want to increase gas mileage, from now on dont push your pedal very far past halfway, and never floor it. it will take you way longer to get up to speed from being stopped at a light, but youll definitely save gas. i GUARANTEE that will save you more gas than any modifying will.