8th & 9th Generation Civic 2006 - 2015 9th Gen 2012 - 2015.
8th Gen 2006 - 2011.
9th Gen Chassis Codes: FB2, FB4, FB6, FG 3, FG4.
8th Gen Chassis Codes: FG1, FG2, FA1, FA3, FA5.

a1 Service reminder: '10 LX

Old 04-05-2010
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fudbutter is an unknown quantity at this point
a1 Service reminder: '10 LX

So I hit 6900 miles and the next time I start the car, the little wrench light thingee comes on and the display reads: "a1 Oil Life 15%", Cute but not at all informative. Still better than the BMW that says stuff like: "Inspection II - Bring a boatload of cash"

So I assume that this is the first service and it is nothing more than an oil change.

Anything more to this?
Old 04-05-2010
Registered!!

rocksinger45 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: a1 Service reminder: '10 LX

Go to a local discount lube joint and they'll change the oil and reset the little "thingee" for ya.... No biggie.
Old 04-05-2010
Low and slow!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
02civicsi02 will become famous soon enough

Probably oil change or something. And just change your oil yourself, its easy and doesnt take long at all. After you change your oil get in your car and put your key in the ignition but dont turn it yet and push and hold the button on your odometer for 5 seconds and then turn your key to on where all the lights are on while still holding the button and hold for 5 more seconds and the service light should go off.
Old 04-06-2010
Registered!!

rocksinger45 is an unknown quantity at this point

A service writer friend told me that if I didn't have the oil changed at the dealer to go to a local discount lube joint so I have a receipt showing that the oil change was actually done for warranty purpose ... Buyer Beware !!!!
Old 04-07-2010
Registered!!

Devani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond repute

manual is there for you to read...it will tell you all about the dashboard lights and what they mean....

READ THE MANUAL...it will also tell you how to reset the light....
Old 04-07-2010
Whachya lookin at?

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
BlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond repute

Also, I'm a firm believer in changing the oil when it's required. But letting it get down to 15% is a little excessive, especially on a brand new car. Change it a bit more frequently. My Pontiac has that measuring thing too and I change it at 40% which is usually 7 or 8 months.
Old 04-07-2010
Registered!!

Fudbutter is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Devani
manual is there for you to read...it will tell you all about the dashboard lights and what they mean....

READ THE MANUAL...it will also tell you how to reset the light....
My apologies for posting a subject that apparently sucks here.

I read the manual and was looking for verification. I wasn't sure if it meant to just change the oil or to rotate the tires also. I expected greater expertise/enthusiasm or at least verification from a board that specializes in the car. This is so with my other vehicle that has a very active board where I have read much better advice than I got from any manual or the service department. In fact, I won't do anything without checking there first.

Thanks for those who did try to help.

I won't waste any more of your bandwidth.
Old 04-08-2010
Whachya lookin at?

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
BlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond repute

I rotate my tires every 7000 miles. The manual does have a service schedule though and it's pretty good and accurate. It should tell you what you need at the certain intervals.
Old 04-08-2010
35+ Years Driving Japanese Autos

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
CraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of light

I like to use 5k miles as a marker myself. Tires & oil change every 5.

ATF svc, air & cabin every 25.

Brake fluid change at 3 years

Not going for the A B C stuff I can "inspect" the items my self. Look over engine bay & fluids once a week, check over other items when I'm doing the tire rotations.

It worked fine for my 05.