8th & 9th Generation Civic 2006 - 2015 9th Gen 2012 - 2015.
8th Gen 2006 - 2011.
9th Gen Chassis Codes: FB2, FB4, FB6, FG 3, FG4.
8th Gen Chassis Codes: FG1, FG2, FA1, FA3, FA5.

Volumen Control Knob Does Not Work...

Old 12-21-2009
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sdfan is an unknown quantity at this point
Volumen Control **** Does Not Work...

Have a 2006 Civic LX with stock stereo and single in-dash cd player. About a week ago, the volume **** stopped working. It turns, but the volume does not change or if it does, it jumps by a few levels at a time. Turning it up, also turns the volume down. Very odd. It fixed itself for a day, then started acting up again. I pulled out the **** and tried some compressed air to clean out anything hta tmay have been there, but the problem hasn't gone away.

Anybody have any ideas on how to fix this? I would hate to have to get a brand new radio. The car only has 43k miles on it too. WTF?
Old 12-21-2009
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Volumen Control **** Does Not Work...

if its the factory radio, maybe check ebay for a cheap replacement
Old 12-21-2009
Registered!!

Thanks gearbox, i was hoping there was a better solution than tearing out and replacing the entire radio. anybody else ever experience this? I beginning to think this car is a heap
Old 12-21-2009
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

are you still under the factory warranty? i checked ebay and most are $100 or less. dont know what yours looks like tho. could also try to clean the electrical parts when you have it removed and opened up.
Old 12-22-2009
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light

They are so cheap they are not worth fixing. Bitch to Honda maybe they will help you fix it. Its always worth a shot.
Old 12-24-2009
Registered!!

plastics is an unknown quantity at this point

pull the fuse or the battery to reset may work..
Old 12-28-2009
Registered!!

It's already out of warranty. I went there last week so they can fix my airbag light which they are doing out of warranty already. I mentioned the volume **** and he said I would probably need a new radio. I'll swing by and try bitching to him again. If that does not work, i'll try pulling the fuse.

It works intermittently, so it won't work for 4 days, then work for 1 day. I'll try pulling the fuse and see what happens. Do i need the code when I do that?
Old 12-28-2009
Premium Member

probably yes
Old 01-04-2010
Registered!!

To close the loop, I removed pulled out the plastic piece of the ****, sprayed the area with compressed air to get rid of any dust that might be in there then gave it a little bit of WD40. Volume **** works like new again. My guess is some dust or dirt got in the way and either the air or the WD40 cleaned it up so the rotary **** is making a proper connection again.
Old 01-04-2010
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light

Thats cool, you got lucky