8th & 9th Generation Civic 2006 - 2015 9th Gen 2012 - 2015.
8th Gen 2006 - 2011.
9th Gen Chassis Codes: FB2, FB4, FB6, FG 3, FG4.
8th Gen Chassis Codes: FG1, FG2, FA1, FA3, FA5.

Seat Belt Chime Gone! Seatbelt Chime Gone

Old 04-23-2008
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
m69800 is an unknown quantity at this point
Seat Belt Chime Gone! Seatbelt Chime Gone

Some of us have a reason to not need seatbelts. I drive the fenceline on my ranch checking fence and the cattle. I am in and out often and drive 10 mph. My honda fit chime was turned off simply buy using a very small screwdriver and inserting in into the belt receiver where the buckle should go. This pushes down the latch. It clicks and stays there until you push the seatbelt release button. Nice and Quite. This was on a Honda fit. I am sure it will work on newer Hondas. I am damn sick and tired of the government telling me how to protect myself from myself. Next thing they will tell you is you gotta where a helmet to walk outside.
Mark

PS Subarus have a program to turn off the chime anytime you wish. Subaru is consumer oriented . Honda is Not.

The other thing I am tired off is members saying "put you seatbelt on" Bunch of little rule followers.
Old 04-23-2008
A descendant of 2k1civic.com

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
pheaton is a glorious beacon of lightpheaton is a glorious beacon of lightpheaton is a glorious beacon of lightpheaton is a glorious beacon of lightpheaton is a glorious beacon of lightpheaton is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Seat Belt Chime Gone! Seatbelt Chime Gone

Dude. Take a deep breath.

Belt extenders are free from the dealership, you plug the extender into the latch and the car is happy, no light, no ding. Or you can pull my grandma's old trick and plug the passenger seatbelt into the driver side latch.

No reason to shove a screw driver in there and break the sensor, or get upset at Honda.

It's bad rep for a car company if people die in their cars, so they want to do whatever they can to encourage people to wear the belts.

There are people that don't wear their seatbelts at all and I'm sure they get annoyed, but there are easy ways to get around the chime and the indicator light.
Old 04-23-2008
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

i wish there was a way to make the chime go away and still be able to use the seatbelt. i like to start the car first then put the belt on once i get settled but i cant do that or the stupid thing starts beeping. im just really glad they didnt do the auto headlight thing or i wouldve ripped that out for sure and wired my own switch.
Old 04-23-2008
Registered!!

cinaibur is just really nicecinaibur is just really nicecinaibur is just really nicecinaibur is just really nicecinaibur is just really nice

hehehe. i have an 01. no chime for me
Old 04-23-2008
Registered!!

dcubed121 is an unknown quantity at this point

yup the thing does **** me off

Last edited by dcubed121; 04-23-2008 at 11:59 PM.
Old 04-23-2008

pheaton is a glorious beacon of lightpheaton is a glorious beacon of lightpheaton is a glorious beacon of lightpheaton is a glorious beacon of lightpheaton is a glorious beacon of lightpheaton is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by gearbox
i wish there was a way to make the chime go away and still be able to use the seatbelt. i like to start the car first then put the belt on once i get settled but i cant do that or the stupid thing starts beeping. im just really glad they didnt do the auto headlight thing or i wouldve ripped that out for sure and wired my own switch.
Get the extender man. Seriously.

Wait. Mine doesn't beep. lol
Old 04-23-2008
Registered!!

m69800 is an unknown quantity at this point

Belt extenders are free from the dealership, you plug the extender into the latch and the car is happy, no light, no ding. Or you can pull my grandma's old trick and plug the passenger seatbelt into the driver side latch.

Honda NA has announced they will not offer seatbelt extenders. Ebays are $33.00 My little screw driver is free.
m
Old 04-24-2008

Or you can go the junkyard and hack the end of a Honda seatbelt off. Either way.
Old 04-27-2008
Registered!!

rocksinger is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't want to sound like a *****... but seat belts save lives !!!!!!
Old 04-27-2008
Premium Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz Erthang

Why not just find where the chime is coming from (probably in the fuse box or next to some relays) and pull it? Bitching about it here doesnt do you any good, write a letter to honda. People are just giving you suggestions, you dont have to take them, but dont shut them down for it.
Old 01-14-2009
Registered!!

DC2007CivicEX is an unknown quantity at this point

Is it me or is the passenger chime 50 times louder than the driver's? My wife NEVER puts on her belt until it rips my ear drums a few times and it drives me nuts!
Old 01-14-2009
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

must be a new thing for 06+ civics. old ones only have one beep soundfor driver side and its not even that loud.
Old 01-15-2009
DeX
Canadian, Eh!

DeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to all

Where health care in Canada is free, the government makes any law it can to decrease the amount of people going to the hospital. Forcing people to wear seatbelts causes less money out of the government's pockets. I'm sorry your fence driving is upset by our ability to filter millions of dollars back into the federal budget.
Old 01-21-2009
Registered!!

NightHawk6Speed is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by gearbox
must be a new thing for 06+ civics. old ones only have one beep soundfor driver side and its not even that loud.

yupp its so annoying... i think the nose comes from the actually cluster in tach.... but yea there has to be a way to disable the sensor in the seat bealt or something... same thing with the dum drl.. as soon as the e-brake is down dam drl stays on till u turn the car off...
Old 01-22-2009
DeX
Canadian, Eh!

DeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to all

Originally Posted by NightHawk6Speed
yupp its so annoying... i think the nose comes from the actually cluster in tach.... but yea there has to be a way to disable the sensor in the seat bealt or something... same thing with the dum drl.. as soon as the e-brake is down dam drl stays on till u turn the car off...
You find the DRL annoying? When I was driving a rental car in the states I forgot to turn my lights on all the time just around sunset and I felt like I was under attack. People were busting U-turns in front of me, turning into my lane, it's like I was invisible. I noticed a huge difference with the lights on. And it wasn't dark, it was dusk.
Old 11-29-2010
Registered!!

jjgerrin is an unknown quantity at this point

Okay, here's the fix for the seat belt chime in 2006 and newer Civics. All you need is one star driver, 2 twist ties, and 5 minutes. Find the right size star driver that will remove the screws from the seat belt buckle down beside the seat. There are two screws that will come right out. Okay, before I continue, let's think logically. When we put the seat belt in the buckle the sounds and lights go off right??? Well, there must be something in the buckle that makes those electronics work like that! It's this simple; you will see a little black switch and a small piece of metal over it that pushes down on a small toggle inside the black switch. Once you have removed the cover from the buckle try clipping the seat belt in and you will see that switch activate and turn the chime and light off. Okay, take your twist tie and weave it in and out of the buckle and around the little switch being sure not to obstruct any where that the buckle will slide in and out. Wrap the tie around the buckle and twist it tight. WA LA!! That does the trick! Now, slide your plastic covers back over the buckle and put the screws back in and that's it! Enjoy the silence and good view over the steering wheel without that bright red light going. Now, the passenger side can be done the same way, however, since the computer in the car thinks that someone is buckled in the seat but the weight sensors don't detect it, the passenger air bag will be turned off. But, when someone sits down in the passenger seat the air bag will turn back on. Your call on the passenger seat....for me, I went ahead and did both. It was to easy to pass up. Trust me, I searched and searched for solutions on the chime and light and some of the things out there are risky, ugly and plain pointless. This little job is fast, free, and clean when you are done. I don't know about you, but I like my car to be free of wires and clutter so when I figured this little job out I was thrilled! Plus, the buckles still work. Please ask questions if you need. This is SO EASY!!
Old 01-27-2011
Registered!!

tomnonymous is an unknown quantity at this point

In my '90 Honda Civic DX seat belt buzzer goes on for six rings whether seat belt is left in its sliding door hookup point or not.

I have always unhooked it every time I get out, as I don't like designers' assumption that I am too stupid or lazy to hook it up myself. And the
resulting mindless, insulting buzzing.

When I get in and hook it up, even if I get it hooked before the buzzer sounds six times, it doesn't quit its six ring cycle.

The point: the thing has nothing to do with prompting you to hook up.
It just buzzes mindlessly. Also, it doesn't really "force" you to hook up,
because, even if you don't, it stops after six buzzes.

So those who mock others for being "unsafe" by objecting to it have no point. Nothing you do will stop it. It is such a poorly designed system that it has nothing to do with safety. It's just insulting.

The point: it's a very poorly designed, brainless system. It should
Let you know, perhaps, if you forget, but not sound every time, for
one thing.
------------------------------------------
TO DISABLE IT: I found that, even if driver's belt is stretched out,
and not hooked, it does not stop. So the nylon ties solution of one
blogger, at least on my '90 Civic, would not work.
You can fool it all you want at the spool, and it still buzzes.

HOWEVER: The "green plug" advice did work. It's behind and to the right of the radio. There's space back there by just reaching from passenger
floor area, without touching the radio. Pull back that corner of the
carpet, and there is a black plastic square cover over it, so pry, or whatever, that off (mine was already loose) and the plug is, indeed big and green.
-------------------------------
Regarding the comments about unplugging it:
I did find that if it is un-plugged the door hookup slider stays at the front, near the dashboard, not slid back to where you hook up to it.

Using a little logic, I saw that what moved it was a motor somewhere
which is activated by the green plug. Thus some have said: if it is
un-plugged the seatbelt system is unusable.

THE SIMPLE SOLUTION TO THAT:
Be in the car with the door closed, so the slider is up where it needs
to be. Then without opening the door, unplug the green plug. Thus
there is no motor to pull it back up to the front when you open the
door and it stays up, just like in a real car.

The one little thing I noticed is that the passenger door had been
open, so only the driver's side unit is parked up. Soon I will plug it back in, make sure they are both up, then unplug it.
-----------------------------------
-----------------------------------
The result is amazing:
NO NOISE, NO MATTER WHAT. AND SEAT BELT IS FULLY FUNCTIONAL.
I do, find, however, that it does make it possible to forget to use the
belt. That's new. But I'm a belt user, so I soon remember and hook up.