General Honda Civic Forum Archive. The archive is dedicated to storing threads for research purposes only, please place questions in their appropriate forum.

remove immobilizer?

Old 08-08-2008
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
remove immobilizer?

is it possible to disconnect completely without causing any weird problems?
Old 08-08-2008
Premium Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: remove immobilizer?

why would you want to do that? and I dont think so... well unless you have kpro then you can lol.
Old 08-08-2008
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

oh, well i dont like it. it takes longer to start the car while it recognizes the key, i dont like the flashy green key icon, and sometimes my car wont start at all on the first try because of it. just thought id ask. its useless anyway.
Old 08-08-2008

jamesandrew58 is an unknown quantity at this point

if it was possible i don't think anyone should post it, it would be smarter just to pm the op. thieves could be lurking around and they can use it for their own good.
Old 08-08-2008
Premium Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of

I did it with Kpro but if it's in the ECU I don't see how it's possible
Old 08-08-2008
Registered!!

bomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond repute

problem with doing it with k-pro is that green flashy light flashes forever and it is really annoying I had to drive my car around with it for about a month before I got it taken care of drove me up the wall especially at night. you can get around it but it would take so much wiring and you probably would have to change up the whole fuel system. honda wires that immobilizer through a bunch of **** that would probably have to go or be modified. it's the type of thing were it is not really feasible unless you gut the entire car and rewire the whole thing your self and then you probably would still need a standalone in order to run it.

I don't understand why you have to wait I stick the key in turn it and it cranks over no wait time at all if you have to wait and it doesn't all ways read then it sounds like there is some sort of issue going on
Old 08-08-2008
Registered!!

ciVictoria will become famous soon enoughciVictoria will become famous soon enough

Can this really be the cause of the car not starting on the first try? I mean sometimes I try to start it and then it wouldn't start then try again and it does. sorry i have no real input on this topic just thought i'd ask.
Old 08-09-2008
Registered!!

bomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond repute

the car should start on the first try every time before my K-pro I only had one time were the immobilizer did not recognize the key and it was flashing the light and the car still ran, i just pulled over after 300 hundred feet shut it down and started back up. Now with the K-pro every once in a while when I upload a new software update and reload my map the ecu magically forgets the codes to my car and won't start I then have to shut everything down on my laptop and restart and then reload everything again and it works there are phantoms in the system that pop up every once in a while but if the car is stock it should start first time no problem.

It could be that the ignition barrel is just not reading the key or possibly the chip in the key is a little screwy like it got hit with a magnet or something try using a spare key and see if it starts any better
Old 08-09-2008
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
subworm07 is an unknown quantity at this point

it is possible to disconnect the immobilizer I don't have it and it didn't mess up anything!
Old 08-09-2008
My Pony Princess is the inspiration for my ride.

speedfoos is an unknown quantity at this point

^^^ So how did you do it?
Old 08-09-2008
Premium Member

Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of

I just ignored the flashing key. Enough boost and you'll forget all about your dash looking like a Christmas tree.
Old 08-09-2008
Premium Member

the flashing key is easy to kill, just disconnect the single wire input going to the cluster. i can look it up later if anyone cares. thats not my main concern tho. just wanna know if theres a way to totally strip the unit out. its useless as a security system anyway.
Old 08-09-2008
Registered!!

Cleft_Asunder is a glorious beacon of lightCleft_Asunder is a glorious beacon of lightCleft_Asunder is a glorious beacon of lightCleft_Asunder is a glorious beacon of lightCleft_Asunder is a glorious beacon of lightCleft_Asunder is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by ciVictoria
Can this really be the cause of the car not starting on the first try? I mean sometimes I try to start it and then it wouldn't start then try again and it does. sorry i have no real input on this topic just thought i'd ask.
Well first off, I don't understand what this system is about. Second, my mom has a honda element and she said it doesn't start sometimes. I told her that maybe she is releasing the key too soon, but maybe it uses the same system?
Old 08-09-2008
Registered!!

Cleft_Asunder is a glorious beacon of lightCleft_Asunder is a glorious beacon of lightCleft_Asunder is a glorious beacon of lightCleft_Asunder is a glorious beacon of lightCleft_Asunder is a glorious beacon of lightCleft_Asunder is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by gearbox
the flashing key is easy to kill, just disconnect the single wire input going to the cluster. i can look it up later if anyone cares. thats not my main concern tho. just wanna know if theres a way to totally strip the unit out. its useless as a security system anyway.
Gearbox's next thread will be about how to cancel social security card. That's the one I'm eagerly anticipating...
Old 08-09-2008
Registered!!

D5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by gearbox
you can pull out the whole immobilizer unit just by disconnecting everything from the key socket. The thing is when you do, the GREEN RING area where you place in your key will have a big gap there.

The person who installed my k20, had my immobilizer unit taken out for a week before he put it back. So yes it can just be pulled out no problem.
Old 08-09-2008
Registered!!

D5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Rufus
I just ignored the flashing key. Enough boost and you'll forget all about your dash looking like a Christmas tree.
why don't you just UNPLUG the green connector in the back of the immobilizer? it will take that blinking key away since you're immobilizer is turned off anyways.
Old 08-09-2008
Registered!!

the immobilizer is only help onto the steering wheel column by like 2-3 bolts. Unplug everything and take out the unit.
thats what i did the first time and there was no more immobilizer.

like i said, you will have a gap near your key hole though.
Old 08-10-2008
Premium Member

thanks for the help, gap isnt a big deal, but everything works like normal after you take it out? just goes to show how easy it is to bypass then if all thieves have to do is unplug it lol
Old 08-10-2008
Registered!!

DieMaster is a glorious beacon of lightDieMaster is a glorious beacon of lightDieMaster is a glorious beacon of lightDieMaster is a glorious beacon of lightDieMaster is a glorious beacon of lightDieMaster is a glorious beacon of lightDieMaster is a glorious beacon of light

well i hate to rain on the parade but your ECU's must be flawed b.c i just unpluged mine and guess what NO START! i even tried rolling it down our street (we live at the top of a big hill) to bump start it. nothing. pluged it back in and started right up first try and drove home.
Old 08-10-2008
Registered!!

em2.kid will become famous soon enough

you can't simply unplug your it I did it in school while installing my push start and all my car would do is crank but not start
Old 08-10-2008
Diamond Member

Envy is a glorious beacon of lightEnvy is a glorious beacon of lightEnvy is a glorious beacon of lightEnvy is a glorious beacon of lightEnvy is a glorious beacon of light

immobilizer bypass is your only option. aftermarket alarm system with a key hidden under the dash. Or the new "learning chips".
Old 08-10-2008
Premium Member

oh well lol
Old 08-10-2008
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
subworm07 is an unknown quantity at this point

I took mine to the dealer a few years back and they did it for me
but it was the same way D5cIvIc described it.
goodluck gear... its not hard I just wasn't sure what to do, so I took it to the dealer I they did it in less than 5 mins..